Club Applications

Anyone can start or join a club in here.
AFrules12
LEPrecon Officer

Re: Club Applications

Post by AFrules12 » Fri 7th Sep 2012

Awesome, thanks! :D
One word: Merlin

xx-Jelly-Fox-xx
Troll

Post by xx-Jelly-Fox-xx » Wed 24th Oct 2012

[/b]Club Name:[/b] Musicians, Inc.
[/b]What the club is about:[/b] Sharing your songs with others and discussing what influences your music.
[/b]Club Requirements:[/b]Post as often as possible, a signature blurb stating that you are a member would be nice, but not required.
[/b]Goals:[/b]Get the musical FGers together to talk and share, and maybe even collab!
[/b]Other:[/b]None.
You say loving a fictional character is senseless...
I say it's the truest love there is.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Sun 28th Oct 2012

Don't think this is a club... XD
Club Name: The Smiley Club :D !
What the club is about: Loving smilies. And using them ;)
Club requirements, if any (such as a blurb in a person's signature or staying active): Using smilies, having at least one smiley in their sig :)
Goals, if any: To make FG smile! Like this -> :D !
Other: That's all, folks :awesome:

//:EDIT
Another club, but must... not... double... post...
Club Name: The Supervillains' Haunt
What the club is about: Being supervillain-y, plotting to take over FG/the Internet.
Club requirements, if any (such as a blurb in a person's signature or staying active): Posting on the thread. A sig banner is optional, but shows you up as a member...
Goals, if any: (See the 'What the Club is About' thread)
Other: To join, either I have to invite you, or you must post on the thread and will be voted by the current members :D
Sorry, bad grammar.
Gallifrey - a Doctor Who fanfiction
Hunting the Disappeared - a Fowlock fanfiction

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Mon 4th Mar 2013

Skyswallow wrote: //:EDIT
Another club, but must... not... double... post...
Club Name: The Supervillains' Haunt
What the club is about: Being supervillain-y, plotting to take over FG/the Internet.
Club requirements, if any (such as a blurb in a person's signature or staying active): Posting on the thread. A sig banner is optional, but shows you up as a member...
Goals, if any: (See the 'What the Club is About' thread)
Other: To join, either I have to invite you, or you must post on the thread and will be voted by the current members :D
Sorry, bad grammar.

I don't want to be Ned Flanders, but this alarmed me a bit...
1. Anyone can join any club. You cannot restrict the members of your club no matter what. If a person wants to join, they are allowed to join. Selective membership easily divides a forum.

I think that kinda makes the first bit of the other...

and...
2. There are no leaders in the clubs. This can cause battles for power.

I'm sorry, but the fact that you have to invites them kinda means that you're the leader.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Mon 4th Mar 2013

Okay... So much for that idea :)

Stars, in your multitudes - scarce to be counted, filling the darkness with order and light! You are the sentinels, silent and sure - keeping watch in the night, keeping watch in the night.

cepele retro petdamìnpasétócó - 'at some point, past!you gets a plant-like thing (that we think is from the future)'

This user will debate you about how important Jean Valjean is (acceptable answer: very), and the distinction between 'antagonist' and 'villain' and how the terms apply to Javert and the Thenardiers.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Mon 4th Mar 2013

Ugh. I feel like such a douche for posting that now.

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Mon 4th Mar 2013

Ah, the mods weren't okaying it anyhow. I think that means it's dead :) The ideas, not the clubs. But maybe those too :D

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Mon 4th Mar 2013

I think this sub-forum is the least used... Which is unfortunate, as some of the clubs are pretty cool. Anyway here goes:

Club Name: The take-over-the-world club
What the club is about: Getting to know other people with plans to take over the world, and talking about plans for it.
Club requirements, if any (such as a blurb in a person's signature or staying active): Preferably at least one post per month, I know the forum can be kinda dead sometimes though. Feel free to put this in your siggie "Certified World-Taker-Over"
Goals, if any: Taking over the world.
Other: Are you evil? Looking to take over the world? Meet other people like yourself in this club!
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Tue 5th Mar 2013

Kinda the same as the previously pitched one, it has a goal which is neither positive or realistic..so I must say I do not green light that club.
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by HollyShort9 » Tue 28th May 2013

Okay, I know I started out being a member of a lot of clubs and owning a bunch, but... none of my clubs are active, none of them really have any members, and I don't participate in more or less any clubs anymore, so right now I consider myself member/owner of 0. If you guys want to close all of my past clubs (at least until someone else has an interest and wants to kind of become the new leader), that'd be awesome. :) Thank you!

Originally, I wanted to make a club about Japanese culture, language, customs, popular things in Japan at this time, etc., because I'm really interested in it, but then I figured it would be better to make a club about all cultures so we could discuss more than just one country. I'll just go with all cultures for the application unless the mods think the one about Japan would be okay. :)

Club Name: The Culture Club (more creative title ideas are welcome... ahaha)
What the club is about: Educating each other about our own cultures, learning more about the rest of the world and sharing interesting tidbits you've learned about other cultures. Asking questions about other cultures, things you're curious about, etc.
Club requirements, if any (such as a blurb in a person's signature or staying active): None really. You just have to be interested in other countries and teaching others about your own country!
Goals, if any: To promote international friendships and cooperation, at least on our forum, and to try to make the world seem a whole lot smaller!
Other: N/A :)
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Wed 29th May 2013

I really like this idea :] Cultural heritage is very important! It should be noted that some countries have multiple cultures.. America has multiple groups of First Peoples and each has a distinct culture..not to mention regional culture, such as the Pennsylvania Dutch (who are actually Germans who moved to PA in a certain time frame) or say a city like, New Orleans has its own distinct culture.

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by HollyShort9 » Thu 30th May 2013

Bang Your Drum wrote:I really like this idea :] Cultural heritage is very important! It should be noted that some countries have multiple cultures.. America has multiple groups of First Peoples and each has a distinct culture..not to mention regional culture, such as the Pennsylvania Dutch (who are actually Germans who moved to PA in a certain time frame) or say a city like, New Orleans has its own distinct culture.
That is a very good point to make! :) We can talk about all those things as well!
So, is it all right if I go ahead and make it? :)
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Sun 9th Jun 2013

Yes, *stamps "approved" on imaginary paper with imaginary ink and stamp*

Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Post by Felina » Sat 7th Sep 2013

Club Name: The gathering of hexagon flexers
What the club is about: The club is about exploring hexaflexagons, giving ideas about their designs and having fun with making them. If you make a hexaflexagon, you can post about it in the club: for example about its colors, if it's simple (3 sides) or complex (6 sides). If you made a hexaflexagon, make sure that you show off all around the school and spread the hexaflexagon culture around the world :D
Club requirements, if any (such as a blurb in a person's signature or staying active): I don't expect too much posts, but if you join the club, put in your sig: "Soldier of Hexaflexagon Armies"
Goals, if any: Creating as much hexaflexagons as possible and showing it to everybody to spread the hexaflexagon culture.
Other: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIVIegSt81k
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*

Skyswallow
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Skyswallow » Tue 1st Oct 2013

Club Name: The Languages Thread
What the club is about: It's basically a specific place for people to teach each other languages :) It would be on the thread instead of PMs so if someone else wanted to learn the same things, they could see it too :D
Club requirements, if any (such as a blurb in a person's signature or staying active): None. You can write in your sig or something if you like, but no specific rules :razz:
Goals, if any:To get FG learning more languages (even just the basics)!
Other: Nothing I can think of...