Below are my thoughts for 7 & 8
(I know, 7 was supposed to be last week )
Thoughts on Holly agreeing to go with Root on the Arctic mission:
- Doesn’t trust Artemis (obviously)
- Will have Root’s back no matter what, as he would for her
- Let’s face it, she’s a total thrill seeker. She’s down for an adventure.
Not to be “technical” –
Fill-In: You mean nitpicky.
The Softnoses, what exactly are they firing? They’re described initially as being a slower firing laser that fully penetrates/slays the target. A laser, as in a beam of light, right? Yet here it’s described that Cudgeon is pumping shells into targets. Shells, as in physical bits of whatever. Is the Softnose literally firing bits of the battery?
My take is that Root’s tri-barreled blaster is the Mud Man equivalent of a Smith & Wesson 500, big and bad, etc…but then along comes Glock who offers to give out free / discounted guns to the force. The Glock guns are corrupted, but weapons from other manufacturers should be fine, i.e., the S&W 500 / tri-barreled blaster.
Or is this [mystery blob] a substance found in literally every weapon under earth? Save for Softnoses.
Disregard. I re-read that passage. Opal comes in to upgrade all the weapons, even Root’s blaster.
Mikhael is not very bright. He’s been working with Britva for years and still uses his name on the phone? Cherry on top is he calls the Menidzher by his alias off the phone. Idjit.
From Eoin’s perspective, Russia seems to essentially be just one big landmass of ice, snow, and radiation that will reduce you to a glop of glowing goo.
Shouldn’t Root, Holly and Co have checked the weather before leaving?
Perfect example/showcase of Holly being a different kind of smart, able to think on her feet and cut to the chase A to B. As opposed to the Artemis Fowls of the methodical long haul variety that voyage from A to Z.
The big takeaway here is Holly not hesitating to save Artemis. She has a perfect opportunity to let him drop or claim the B’wa Kell ganked him.
Seems exceedingly weird these goblins, the so-proclaimed king idiots of the underground, have hesitated long enough to have a rational thought process about why shooting at or around the train is a bad idea. Either goblins are smarter than Eoin gives them credit for or these three are the Stephen Hawkings of their species.
At this point, I can’t say I blame Nyle, anything to end this roundabout conversation xD
This. I sort of let it slide, but yeah. I suppose if Root and Holly weren't under fire they might have yelled at him....or perhaps later they sent some people out to retrieve/destruct it. Or a human plods along and uses it to make an Ironman suit.Cabaline wrote: ↑Sat 30th May 2020
- Root and Holly just let Arty toss his gun, that is fairy tech that could be discovered. Yes Foaly says that his tech has an auto-destruct that you can enable BUT this tech might be Koboi tech. And Foaly can't destruct something if he never knows its missing in the first place. Plus with everything sabotaged by Koboi so that it doesn't work, the auto-destruct might not work either. I know it's the middle of Russia and it might not get found, but the fairies are super careful with all their stuff
- Two fairy corpses to add to the fairy gun! The polar ice caps are decimated now not even 20 years later eeep.
Right? My only guess would be that perhaps a comatose patient would be seen as undesirable, even if for a loved one? Or they might have wanted to pump Artemis Sr for information. Security procedures, Fowl staff personal, financial standings...
They keep saying "kidnapping" but really opportunistic babysitting with forced payment is closer to the mark. Kidnapping implies some form of plotting for heaven's sake.
My take: There's Holly improv and Artemis improv xD
I must be a dark and deranged individual. No one else pointed out Holly saving Artemis's life. Or remembered the finger xD