Artemis Fowl Book Eight: The Last Guardian

Anything about the Artemis Fowl books.
FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Re: Artemis Fowl Book Eight: The Last Guardian

Post by FowlStar » Sun 20th Nov 2011

Hmm. Honestly, I think this one might tank, like TAC did. I didn't even finish Book 7. XD AF has always been very clear, set in the real world, with a supernatural element in the form of fairies. BUT. This might be a bit too much.
i write because you exist.

Immortal
Dwarf Thief

Post by Immortal » Sun 20th Nov 2011

Out of all the adventures of being crazy on the scale of 1-10, this probably hits 11, for being insane. All of the sudden, Artemis has to save the world and there's a gate under his house for a long time?

I doubt I will read this. As I said, I believe one character will die.
Thanks to Mira-chan for making this awesome sig ^_^

BoboParadizo
Centaur Genius

Post by BoboParadizo » Mon 21st Nov 2011

Yeah. I'll look forwards to it, but I feel that the first six books were the best. The seventh and the eighth don't sound too good...

One of the reasons I like AF is cuz it incorporates fairies without it sounding fake, or cheesy. But TLG sounds quite a bit cliche and unrealistic. I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion. :3

PastelBlue
Gnome

Post by PastelBlue » Tue 22nd Nov 2011

I trust Eoin Colfer to do this plot in a way that seems believable.
He made fairies believable . I bet he can make portholes believable too.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you AFrules12!

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Tue 22nd Nov 2011

BoboParadizo wrote:But TLG sounds quite a bit cliche and unrealistic. I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion. :3
Agreed. At first when I heard the title, I was thinking, "Wow, sounds like Percy Jackson or something." In other words, I didn't thin it sounds like AF

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Tue 22nd Nov 2011

yunyun wrote:
BoboParadizo wrote:But TLG sounds quite a bit cliche and unrealistic. I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion. :3
Agreed. At first when I heard the title, I was thinking, "Wow, sounds like Percy Jackson or something." In other words, I didn't thin it sounds like AF
*Nods* I agree to, it sounds like Eoin is stealing a mini idea from Percy J. Maybe he didn't even have an idea for the book until he read PJ. XD
Troubled times are at an end and they're waiting to hear our song.

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Sun 18th Dec 2011

okay, one thing i wanna say about this book: I really really hope it didn't end haw animorphs did. I don't want people dying and the rest of the living people going on a suicide mission. That would really suck.

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Tue 20th Dec 2011

yunyun wrote:okay, one thing i wanna say about this book: I really really hope it didn't end haw animorphs did. I don't want people dying and the rest of the living people going on a suicide mission. That would really suck.
Okay, I totally agree with you there.

However, I also really trust Eoin Colfer. Come on, guys, have a little faith! While AF and the AC was different/weirder than the other books, I don't think it was that bad! I'm excited to see what Eoin Colfer has in store for the last AF book. BTW, I am SO sad it's the last one! I don't want it to be over!!!
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Tue 27th Dec 2011

^ I'm with ya on the last part, we all don't want it to end.

But the plot seems... a little weird. >_< Maybe he'll have something secret in there that he's not telling us for we won't get mad or something.
Troubled times are at an end and they're waiting to hear our song.

evilgenius
Dwarf Thief

Post by evilgenius » Sat 31st Dec 2011

I will simply hope That Eoin Colfer will make this believable and nowhere near as fantasy-like as it's described.

Captain_Short
Troll

Post by Captain_Short » Sun 15th Jan 2012

I don't feel so good about that title. The first thing I thought when I heard that was, "How original." The Last Guardian? Please. Although I'm sure the story itself won't be as cheesy as the name, I still find it pointing to.. eh, a different plot base than the normal AF books.

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Wed 18th Jan 2012

I watched the video, and my face just fell. Eion... Too cliched, too fantasy, too convenient. If there's not a lot of deatil on HOW this happened, the book will be thrown across the room. However, I'm excited about learning about old magic. And why would peaceful faries- even soldiers- rampage?
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!

BoboParadizo
Centaur Genius

Post by BoboParadizo » Wed 25th Jan 2012

Yeah...that's what I thought too. I liked AF because Eoin made the fantasy seem realistic, TLG doesn't sound very interesting or original to me. But I hope that TLG will have some sort of entertaining twist. Hopefully. :3

PastelBlue
Gnome

Post by PastelBlue » Tue 31st Jan 2012

The book usually turns out a little different then the description. I mean in TAC, I thought it meant that Arty himself was going on about *love* to dear Holly. But it was Orion.

But I hope this is good, because last books of series are usually disappointing. But I won't lose faith in Mr.Colfer. :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you AFrules12!

BoboParadizo
Centaur Genius

Post by BoboParadizo » Sat 18th Feb 2012

The cover of TLG. It looks very dramatic, no? XD

Also. "Seemingly nothing in this world daunts the young criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl. In the fairy world, however, there is a small thing that has gotten under his skin on more than one occasion: Opal Koboi. In The Last Guardian, the evil pixie is wreaking havoc yet again. This time his arch rival has reanimated dead fairy warriors who were buried in the grounds of Fowl Manor. Their spirits have possessed Artemis’s little brothers, making his siblings even more annoying than usual. The warriors don’t seem to realize that the battle they were fighting when they died is long over. Artemis has until sunrise to get the spirits to vacate his brothers and go back into the earth where they belong. Can he count on a certain LEPrecon fairy to join him in what could well be his last stand?"