Artemis Fowl Book Eight: The Last Guardian

Anything about the Artemis Fowl books.
FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Re: Artemis Fowl Book Eight: The Last Guardian

Post by FowlStar » Sat 8th Oct 2011

Agreed. It's like it was predetermined ages ago... maybe Colfer had a brain fart... XD

It should be a QUEST, to get to the gate... it's kinda weird to just spring an entire new plot onto us... I dunno. I smell another book.
i write because you exist.

FowlsGirl1234
Troll

Post by FowlsGirl1234 » Mon 10th Oct 2011

For me, its just kinda gonna be weird, cuz the way he describes it, it sounds like old magic, like from fairy tales, or even farther back, etc. But the magic and stuff in the other books is modern stuff, so its just kinda gonna be kinda strange. I dunno.

But anyways, maybe its not actually near the manor, just on a piece of land that Arty owns. :wink: But I do agree that if it were actually on the grounds of Fowl Manor, that would just be too easy.
┏━━━━┓╋╋╋┏┓╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┏┓┏┓┃╋╋╋┃┃╋╋╋╋┃┃
┗┛┃┃┣┻┳┓┏┫┗━┳━━┫┃
╋╋┃┃┃┏┫┃┃┃┏┓┃━━╋┛
╋╋┃┃┃┃┃┗┛┃┗┛┣━━┣┓
╋╋┗┛┗┛┗━━┻━━┻━━┻┛

TungstenMessah
Troll

Post by TungstenMessah » Wed 12th Oct 2011

Oh...man..

As soon as I read the part about souls and possessing, I thought : "That guy has overplayed his hand". It seems to...fantasy-like for the Artemis Fowl series. I seriosly hope that the Gate thingy isn't the main thing about the series, or at least, it's just in context.
ok.

evilgenius
Dwarf Thief

Post by evilgenius » Sun 16th Oct 2011

Oh please no,God no that had BETTER not be the plot or I will die.Or brutally murder a few people :twisted: .I will pretend I didn't read that.

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Sun 16th Oct 2011

yeah, the plot does sound a bit fantasy like, which in my opinion isn't good for a AF plot

Josephine Fowl
Centaur Genius

Post by Josephine Fowl » Mon 17th Oct 2011

Here's what the book's about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... yC83hwZ0nk

And listen closely at 1:03! :D

/EDIT/

I just saw that Amber already had posted this. XD Oops.
But still listen to the part I told you about.
just your not-so-local english major

Immortal
Dwarf Thief

Post by Immortal » Wed 19th Oct 2011

Being the last book in the series, I have a gut feeling ONE character will die, to say the least.
Thanks to Mira-chan for making this awesome sig ^_^

Fowl's_Girl
Dwarf Thief
Location: Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me...

Post by Fowl's_Girl » Thu 20th Oct 2011

Josephine Fowl wrote:Here's what the book's about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... yC83hwZ0nk

And listen closely at 1:03! :D

/EDIT/

I just saw that Amber already had posted this. XD Oops.
But still listen to the part I told you about.

Haha! "Artemis and his g- his... his friend, Captain Holly Short'... XD I can't wait to read the book.... And find Artemis and Holly together. <3

Does anyone else thinks Eoin kinda looks like Robert Downey Jr. with his facial hair...?
Thank you Fowlie!

Well, when all the normal people find out how cool it is to be different, they'll want to be different too. So if everyone is different, then different people will be normal, and the normal people will be different.
┏━━━┳━━━┳┓
┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃
┃┏━━┫┃┏━╋┛
┃┃╋╋┃┗┻━┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛
^^^Thanks Amy!^^^
Member of Team Artemis!
Gnomehat
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls! :wub:

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Sun 23rd Oct 2011

Facial hair WTH Colfer? XD

But yes this seems more fantastical then the previous books, it could be terible or epic, only time will tell.
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

PastelBlue
Gnome

Post by PastelBlue » Fri 11th Nov 2011

'sigh' I am so excited (and sad) about this book.

Oh, and there is a description on Amazon about it. Nothing much different then the video, still... here is the link http://www.amazon.com/Artemis-Fowl-Guar ... 1423161610

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you AFrules12!

PastelBlue
Gnome

Post by PastelBlue » Fri 11th Nov 2011

Immortal wrote:Being the last book in the series, I have a gut feeling ONE character will die, to say the least.
I'm very worried about that...Butler is on the top of my worry list, though Colfer could surprise us.

Thank you AFrules12!

PastelBlue
Gnome

Post by PastelBlue » Sat 12th Nov 2011

My Mom had a interesting theory today...

In addition to the plot for the 8th book, Artemis helps Holly find a way to make the fairy world permeation hidden from humans. Make them two separate worlds. Of course this will mean Artemis giving up the fairies....

Eoin Colfer said in a interview that "Artemis has to grow up like Peter Pan" which made NO sense because Peter Pan didn't grow up, unless Eoin Colfer meant that it's like the books, not like Peter Pan himself. More like Wendy ,really. :lol:

Thank you AFrules12!

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Mon 14th Nov 2011

^Omg... :shock: I would never think of the first part that you said. If they both are turned into seperate worlds, that would so kill me.

But then Eoin could leave us at another cliff handger, then make a 9th book as well. Like while the faires are going through another time tunner and they would get stuck right at the end of it. That would be a mega cliff hanger....

Maybe we should have a cliff hanger, then we could write even more or RP more about it. Now that would be awesome. :awesome: Besides just having the whole series end and that it, leaving us just to really hang out here.

To Eoin:

No killy my Butty!!! You no kill him!!! Kill Arty or Holly, just not him!!! (Butler.)
Troubled times are at an end and they're waiting to hear our song.

Artemis3695
Goblin

Post by Artemis3695 » Thu 17th Nov 2011

Alright, so sitting on the edge of my chair itching for the next book; The Last Guardian, little infomation has been let up, but this will (very sadly) be the end of our crimianl masterminds adventures.

Thoughts?
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference
- Niebuhr, Reinhold

Captain_Short
Troll

Post by Captain_Short » Thu 17th Nov 2011

Hmmmm... the title, I have no idea who the last guardian will be. All I can think of is to make a connection to the other titles. Remember how literal they are. TOD was literally Opal deceiving people, TAI was literally an incident in the arctic, TLC was the demons being a lost colony, ect..

As for ships, Artemis will either end up with Holly or no one. Minerva was mentioned in ONE BOOK, and Trouble and Holly have barely had one conversation. I know you guys are all about the age difference, but when Holly and Artemis are hanging out, Artemis' superiority sort of balances it out. And hey, it wouldn't be the first cross species relationship. Read book 7.