Artemis Fowl Book Eight: The Last Guardian

Anything about the Fowl books.
heart_of_gold
LEP Recruit

Re: Artemis Fowl Book Eight: The Last Guardian

Post by heart_of_gold » Fri 26th Aug 2011

I've noticed that every other AF book has Opal as an enemy, and with the old Opal still out there...who knows what'll happen?
Also, Eoin's confirmed there will be no inter-species romance, I think :(

No honor, no glory, only blisters in unfortunate places~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDXTzvIB ... re=related
The best thing ever. <33333

[size=150]
ImageImageImage[url=http://dragcave.net/view/k7V3e]
Coudja please click on my egg{s}?

Cappuchino!
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by Cappuchino! » Sun 28th Aug 2011

Josephine Fowl wrote:Here's what I know so far:
First of all, the book should be released in Spring 2012. That's a long time according to me, but I guess it ain't very long if you're writing a book.
Secondly, Holly and Artemis won't end up together according to Colfer. There. I said it. Even though I would like them to end up together, it sadly ain't going to happen.

I think he said something like, "It wouldn't be right", but if I was informed correctly (maybe I wasn't), I don't think he said "it's not going to happen", all out. Lol, it sounds kind of doubtful that they'll end up together, but I hope they will, too. :P
I am...
Obsessed with Lord of the Rings
In love with Pirates of the Caribbean
Crazy about Harry Potter
And, of course...
Mad about Artemis Fowl!

ArtyLovin
Goblin

Post by ArtyLovin » Fri 2nd Sep 2011

I think that Artemis and Holly should end up together. Eoin said that an interspecies relationship would be "wrong" not that it wouldn't happen. So I hope it does. Because whether or not they are right or wrong for each other, whether they should or shouldn't be together, or even if they are too far apart in age, or Artemis would die and leave Holly alone... THEY ARE IN LOVE. Or at least Artemis is in love with Holly. There have been soo many hints towards it that it would be impossible for them NOT to be in love.
:D

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Mon 5th Sep 2011

It's too bad it is the last book. I think Eoin is focusing on his other books but I love the Artemis fowl series. I think it's that it is better than the other series.

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Mon 5th Sep 2011

yunyun wrote:It's too bad it is the last book. I think Eoin is focusing on his other books but I love the Artemis fowl series. I think it's that it is better than the other series.
I agree...

I think he should keep it up and focus more on Artemis Fowl, thats the one everyone read the most. Right?
Mein vater, ich liebe dich.

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Mon 5th Sep 2011

i know, if you focus on something people don't read as much, unless it gets better, you won't make as much money or make as much people happy

Silvermist
Dwarf Thief

Post by Silvermist » Mon 12th Sep 2011

Omg,omg,omg!!!!!i cant believe this!! I cant believe its almost over anf if colfer is the jerk i know he is, someone will die (probably holly) and a/h will never happen because he enjoys torturing us!! THAT JERK!!

And as for the conversation before my fangirling... I actualky have to disagree. colfer wants to actually rush out of this series!! The poor guy wants to run away from his child writing past ( example: plugged, hitchhickers guide to the galaxy) he realized we grew up (we as in the colferw generation). Colfer wants to rush out but wants to rush out with a bang. Hence he speqnt extra time on this book ( and also plugged came out this month, he needs to promote that..) i dont think colfer minds for the other books considering that he could have taken a year to do the sequal for the supernaturalist. He hasnt and he plans to do it after af series.

And if i misunderstood sorry the comment thing at the bottom only shows only 2 comments :)
Joshua 1:9
Hello people of the internet! You may call me Baylee if you wish, I'm a small town girl living in a lonely world, I do not take trains anywhere since new orleans terrain does not allow that (it will get swallowed up by the marsh land or get flooded, like my car did D:<

Meet my Husband <3
Ok I think I'm done here...

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Sun 18th Sep 2011

Cool! I looked at fan made covers for it and here's my favorite one! XD

http://lillypadgraphics.files.wordpress ... isfowl.jpg

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Mon 19th Sep 2011

cool! b=But why does it say 2012 on it?

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Mon 19th Sep 2011

Because the book is coming out this summer and this summer will be in 2012.

hiholly123
Dwarf Thief

Post by hiholly123 » Sun 25th Sep 2011

I am officially going to summerize the plot (according to the video the Artemis Fowl Facebook page posted on their wall).

Essentially, when the fairies were battling the humans in Ireland and were forced to retreat, they had a gate, locked with magic, where they buried the dead. If anyone ever opened this gate, the souls would escape and possess every living thing they could find. Opal (I'm assuming it's the one from the past) opens the gate, and it turns out this gate is on Artemis Fowl's property. So these souls end up possessing his mother, father, his brothers, a servent, and some animals. Artemis and Holly have to get the souls out of the Fowls before morning, when the spirits will escape and rampage across the city.

Spooky, huh? :D :D And completely awesome. I'm sorry I couldn't find the video - it's just not showing up when I search it on Youtube. :(
(GIF not made by me)
Don't Blink.
Team Holly!

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Sun 25th Sep 2011

^ Omg!!! I would sooo love to read that one!! I want to read it now!!! A gost took over Butler. :shock: Oh no....

hiholly123
Dwarf Thief

Post by hiholly123 » Tue 27th Sep 2011

^Actually, I'm not sure Butler was posessed. The summary said a random servant, not Butler...but you really can't know until the book comes out. :)

Something that I'm looking forward to is how Artemis's relationship with his father will be now that Artemis Fowl Senior knows about the People. :D That should be interesting...
(GIF not made by me)
Don't Blink.
Team Holly!

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Sat 8th Oct 2011

^Oh....

I found a new Eoin Cofler talking video thing, about book 8!!!

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Sat 8th Oct 2011

^ wow, that sounds so exciting. But it sounds like it causes a few plot holes. So if then, why do the fairies have the lockdowns then? Its almost useless then. And what stops the humans from coming down the chutes? And isnt a bit too much of a coinencidence that its on Artemis' yard?