Tlc:whats Going To Happen Between Minerva & Arty

Anything about the Fowl books.
BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Sun 5th Nov 2006

I don't hate Minerva, but I think she is too much like Artemis to date him. And it would be too typical of a relationship, a normal high school relationship for them, nuh uh. Mainly I just think they are too much alike. Why would you date yourself? I like Minerva as a character, but not as a potential lover for Artemis.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Minerva Scriptor
Dwarf Miner

Post by Minerva Scriptor » Mon 6th Nov 2006

I agree that Artemis and Minerva are far to similar to date. And yes, it just seems too normal. I think they might get along really well for a little while, but at some point they will clash. Like Opal Koboi said in book , the world is only big enough for one child genius. (although they are hardly children anymore)
The World is Quiet Here

TroubleFan818
LEP Recruit

Post by TroubleFan818 » Mon 6th Nov 2006

That reminds me:

Is Artemis really 18 and his body just hasn't become 18 or is really still 14?

Now Minerva is older than him right. Well not right because he is really 18 and she is like 15. I am so lost! :wacko:
Here we go Holly. Are you ready?"
"Artemis! I'm the field agent here," came the irritated reply. "Stay off my band unless you have somthing to contribute."
"I was just thinking---"
"I was just thinking that you should change your middle name to Contol Freak."Artemis glanced across at Butler, who was lying beside him and couldn't help overhearing the entire exchange.
"Control Freak? Can you believe that?"
"The nerve of some people," replied the bodygaurd without taking his eyes off the chateau.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Mon 6th Nov 2006

Biologically he's 14, but technically he was born 18 years previously, so he'd be 18 years old.

Minerva built Artemis up to something larger than life. She's in for a rude awakening, and I suppose we'll have to see what happens then. I think there'll be some very interesting clashes.

I don't care if Artemis ends up with Minerva, Holly, or no one. So long as it's exciting.

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Tue 7th Nov 2006

Awww!!! I like Artemis and Minerva! They both have goddess names and are both child prodigies! Holly and Artemis would just be too different...I mean, with the species, height, etc.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
These avatars were from the AFC website!

My homepages: deviantART or FanFiction.net

Sofie
LEP Commander

Post by Sofie » Tue 7th Nov 2006

Yet again I say: It's too obvious. Anyone could predict that, and it wouldn't be like Colfer at all. Percise, if our dear Minnie turned up in a fanfic and not in the actual book, who wouldn't have screamed Mary Sue with all their voice?
ImageImageImage

Gravitational Singularity
Dwarf Thief

Post by Gravitational Singularity » Tue 7th Nov 2006

Since the fans are older now, more typical teen-age relationship problems and love complexes can be placed in the next book. This means that this discussion might be moved over to the book so to speak. The choice between Minerva and Holly will be one which can trouble Artemis, who does he really love? I don't really think this will be, but there certainly is a possibility.

I think Minerva is a beautiful name. It's very realistic that people who are alike will like each other, that's human nature. We don't want to feel alone. And it seems that the more alike we are the more we like each other, basically of course. There can be special cases or circumstances that makes it inlikely for two people who are alike to like each other. So in real life I would find it likely that Minerva and Artemis fell in love and married. But then again, Holly and Artemis has been through alot together. And that certainly helps to improve the bond between people.

I don't really see the race difference as a big problem. It might even be used to point out that love will conquer no matter what, or something similar.

Personally I'd like it more if it was Artemis and Minerva.
Just call me Grav
Northern Carina Nebula

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Wed 8th Nov 2006

How about this?

Artemis and Minerva get together etc. but Holly and Artemis stay best friends, since now they each have one eye of the other, so that means they actually are one person, linking them. So Eoin Colfer will have to find a way to link Artemis and Minerva so he links them as more than friends etc. Concluding that Artemis and Minerva share a romance relationship whilst Holly and Artemis share a friendship one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
These avatars were from the AFC website!

My homepages: deviantART or FanFiction.net

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Wed 8th Nov 2006

i think that minerva should totally get to geather have a kid then split up and da kid can be so smart that the smartness overflows and turns in to magic

plus i think holly and trouble would so work but i agree with all the people who think that arty and holly would work but ewwwwwww mud farie that is so a no no

p.s how come when ever im not no1 else is?????????????????????????????

holly and arty 4ever

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Wed 8th Nov 2006

new thought people they should bring back opal and then she could fall in love with some1 from da lep maybe trouble and then like holly and her could be fightin over him

sorry peoplerandom thought there but dont ya think that they should bring root back to life and then there would be no trouble between trouble and holly

hey i like that trouble with trouble how cool is that...

sorry i keep getting distracted

lmfao p.s rons little siter and harry should get back to geather from harry potter

SiVaN
Goblin

Post by SiVaN » Wed 8th Nov 2006

ohmygodddddddd
can someone pplleeaassee tell me about minerva??????
how artemis gets to know her?
and by the way who is Caballine?

Gravitational Singularity
Dwarf Thief

Post by Gravitational Singularity » Wed 8th Nov 2006

Minerva_Paradizo wrote: new thought people they should bring back opal and then she could fall in love with some1 from da lep maybe trouble and then like holly and her could be fightin over him

sorry peoplerandom thought there but dont ya think that they should bring root back to life and then there would be no trouble between trouble and holly

lmfao p.s rons little siter and harry should get back to geather from harry potter

I'm having problems understanding what you're trying to say here. Could you try to form full sentences? And it would be nice if you avoided all those spelling errors.
Just call me Grav
Northern Carina Nebula

Lufgif
Centaur Genius

Post by Lufgif » Thu 9th Nov 2006

Minerva? Last i checked you were... intelligent... what exactly happened?

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Thu 9th Nov 2006

Yet again I say: It's too obvious. Anyone could predict that, and it wouldn't be like Colfer at all. Percise, if our dear Minnie turned up in a fanfic and not in the actual book, who wouldn't have screamed Mary Sue with all their voice?

I think that is right on the money.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Thu 9th Nov 2006

Minerva_Paradizo wrote: new thought people they should bring back opal and then she could fall in love with some1 from da lep maybe trouble and then like holly and her could be fightin over him

OK, ignoring the lack of proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation...

1) If Opal came back, she would just be an overused plot device. Coming back once was interesting, because she wasn't as active as Cudgeon in The Arctic Incident. Twice is just too much. Also, the chances of her falling in love are next to none: She's too self-obsessed.

2) Once again, bringing Root back would be an overused plot device, after Holly came back. Eventually, we'd all just say "Oh, that character's dead, but you know Colfer will just bring him/her back". And also, I hate to say it, but Root's death was a big part of what made The Opal Deception my favorite of the series. Not only was it well written, it was surprising. So if he came back it would feel a bit like Colfer cheated.

3) Although it's off topic and shouldn't be on the forum, Harry and Ginny still love each other. The only plausible reason for them not to get back together after Voldemort's defeat would be if Harry died. Which is possible.