A question for people who like A/H

Anything about the Artemis Fowl books.
Domovoi
Dwarf Miner

Re: A question for people who like A/H

Post by Domovoi » Thu 14th Aug 2008

carino wrote:Well, whether she forgives Artemis for lying to her. Whether they can get past the human/fairy issue. Whether Artemis likes her back. I could continue, I'm sure.

ok
I see your point but still!
TTPYou can tell Artemis likes Holly in some little ways and I'm sure you could go on but she obviously likes him and more likely than not he feels the same way.Maybe a little less intense but still!
Last edited by Domovoi on Sat 16th Aug 2008, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

untarnishedsoul
Troll

Post by untarnishedsoul » Fri 15th Aug 2008

I agree with the issues raised, but a girl can always dream,
and Artemis was super sweet to Holly, and yet he was being such a stupid punk lying to her, it really seemed quite selfish and quite uncharacteristic of him(i'm talking about present day artemis of course) and it was kinda like the sore point in the whole book
Actually it also seems like Artemis hasn't gotten rid of the habit of manipulating others for his own means, because Butler should have died(okay, okay, don't kill me yet, I was happy when he thought of cyrogenics as well! So there!) and Angeline Fowl should have died (even though her illness would not have happened if it was going to happen anyway, as in Artemis going to save her was like the reason she was sick [just go read the book, I think Mr. Colfer explains it so much better]. And in TLChe saved Holly, after that really sweet moment. or rather when you first read it, an indignant mad moment where he ignore Holly in deathHe is quite going against the nature of things isn't he?
Tying it back to the question, I think things like social conventions totally don't apply to such a person
CMDR ROOT. TRBLE BELOW. HAVN OVRRN BY GOBLINS. PLCE PLAZA SRROUNDED. CUDGEON + OPL KBOI BHND PLOT. NO WPONS OR CMMUNICATIONS. DNA CNONS CNTRLLED BY KBOI. I M TRPPED IN OP BTH. CNCL THNKS IM 2 BLM. IF ALIVE PLSE HLP. IF NOT, WRNG NMBR

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Meova » Fri 15th Aug 2008

untarnishedsoul wrote: Artemis was super sweet to Holly, and yet he was being such a stupid punk lying to her, it really seemed quite selfish and quite uncharacteristic of him(i'm talking about present day artemis of course) and it was kinda like the sore point in the whole book

It was so un-like Artemis, but this is something too which made the book pretty good, because TTP Artemis hated himself for doing it. You can clearly see the differences between PA and FA. And it wasn't selfish, remember? Angeline was on the verge of dying. I would've done the same, I think.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

Domovoi
Dwarf Miner

Post by Domovoi » Sat 16th Aug 2008

TTPHe lied! So what! He was doing it to save his mom! If your mom was dying and you just happen to know Holly, or some other friendly elf even though I doubt I can find anyone else except a dead Root, wouldn't you play the guilt card? I know I would! And she forgave him! She forgave him! Problem solved!
ImageImageImage

Meova

Post by Meova » Sat 16th Aug 2008

Domovoi wrote:TTPHe lied! So what! He was doing it to save his mom! If your mom was dying and you just happen to know Holly, or some other friendly elf even though I doubt I can find anyone else except a dead Root, wouldn't you play the guilt card? I know I would! And she forgave him! She forgave him! Problem solved!

She didn't forgive him. She justified what he did. That's not forgiving. And Holly's not just a friendly elf, either. He has feelings for her, he loves her. That also makes a major difference.
ImageImageImageImage

NION
Gnome

Post by NION » Sat 16th Aug 2008

the reply to the question it´s in the book, 2,3,4 and the end of first, is simple to Holly Artemis was a bad boy but very very fasinant. 8)
in the book 2 she learn little more about him, and they´re become in little friends (LITTLE) and she know that he yes have a heart after all.
in the book 3... they´re need one each other despite memory´s clean.
in the book 4 was something more that friends, there something change the cave trolls and H/A in the water fighting for they´re lives ever together and... when she let behind the PES (sorry this are the name in SPANISH) become in Arty´s complice.
in the book 5 :? is not very good, (only the end, when Minerva dissapears) much sweet, but no to make cursi, really good end.
to the serie´s long Holly has been close of Artemis that the same butler, if think good and read with atention, localizate all the pieces the puzzle. :D

Domovoi
Dwarf Miner

Post by Domovoi » Mon 18th Aug 2008

Meova wrote:
Domovoi wrote:TTPHe lied! So what! He was doing it to save his mom! If your mom was dying and you just happen to know Holly, or some other friendly elf even though I doubt I can find anyone else except a dead Root, wouldn't you play the guilt card? I know I would! And she forgave him! She forgave him! Problem solved!

She didn't forgive him. She justified what he did. That's not forgiving. And Holly's not just a friendly elf, either. He has feelings for her, he loves her. That also makes a major difference.

TTPOkay. Then she justified what he did! I still think Holly was a friendly elf and they knew each other! So if you knew an elf and they started helping you then wouldn't you consider them a friendly elf?
ImageImageImage

Meova

Post by Meova » Mon 18th Aug 2008

Domovoi wrote:
Meova wrote:

TTPOkay. Then she justified what he did! I still think Holly was a friendly elf and they knew each other! So if you knew an elf and they started helping you then wouldn't you consider them a friendly elf?

What you're doing right now, is taking the situation as it was during TAI. Holly is a friendly elf, you're right about that. But she isn't just a friendly elf anymore for Artemis, and everyone knows that.
ImageImageImageImage

Domovoi
Dwarf Miner

Post by Domovoi » Tue 19th Aug 2008

Meova wrote:
Domovoi wrote:
Meova wrote:She didn't forgive him. She justified what he did. That's not forgiving. And Holly's not just a friendly elf, either. He has feelings for her, he loves her. That also makes a major difference.

What you're doing right now, is taking the situation as it was during TAI. Holly is a friendly elf, you're right about that. But she isn't just a friendly elf anymore for Artemis, and everyone knows that.

TTPOkay I agree with that but still if she had hated Artemis as much as she had in the first one like when she healed his mom the first time then what would she think when she he lied to her? She'd hate him for ages!
ImageImageImage

Meova

Post by Meova » Tue 19th Aug 2008

Domovoi wrote:
Meova wrote:
Domovoi wrote:TTPOkay. Then she justified what he did! I still think Holly was a friendly elf and they knew each other! So if you knew an elf and they started helping you then wouldn't you consider them a friendly elf?

TTPOkay I agree with that but still if she had hated Artemis as much as she had in the first one like when she healed his mom the first time then what would she think when she he lied to her? She'd hate him for ages!

But we're talking now about the current situation, and that's not that Holly still despises Artemis. And she doesn't hate him now, either, because she understands why he did it. Still isn't forgiving, but it's something, and for now, it's the best he could've hoped for.
ImageImageImageImage

Captain Short 711
Centaur Genius

Post by Captain Short 711 » Fri 22nd Aug 2008

I started thinking about arty and holly in the second book cos in the 1st one they were like sworn enemies

Domovoi
Dwarf Miner

Post by Domovoi » Sun 24th Aug 2008

I thought of them in like the 3rd book because Holly didn't have to help!
ImageImageImage

artymon

Post by artymon » Sun 16th Nov 2008

It's been an invisible thing with me.
Like, at around the end of TLC, I was like, "oh, I guess he'll end up with that Minerva chick." But it hadn't been confirmed, so I was okay still a chance for something better.
When I read on Wikipedia that Eoin was thinking of H/T, I thought, "huh. That's kinda odd. It disturbed me a little, not enough to get the message, but it still did.
When I read up to the kiss in TTP (at Borders) I was like, "Wait wait, yes! This is exactly it!" it sent all kinds of revelations thru my head.
And, people say that Holly was still really P.O.'d about the lie, but I gotta say, he have bothered to say goodbye? I think the lie might play into AFVII somehow.

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Sun 25th Jan 2009

Well, it's about the time I read TAI. Minerva is a bit too much a 'screamer' to go with Arty. Holly and him get along so much better, and I still don't like Minervs.
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!

Inioch
Troll

Post by Inioch » Sun 25th Jan 2009

For me is when I read the 6:th book, (Because I have only read book 3 and book 6 yet, I should get the other ones soon.) and I don't think it would be wierd in some way with A/H even if he lied, she understood why he did as he did and she seemed to be pretty nice in the end so I think it can be possible (At least I hope so)
Thousands of feet march to the beat it's an army on the march
Long way from home paying the price in young mens lives
Thousands of feet march to the beat it's an army in despair
Kneedeep in mud stuck in the trench with no way out