A question for people who like A/H

Anything about the Artemis Fowl books.
Nanet Fowl
Gnome

Re: A question for people who like A/H

Post by Nanet Fowl » Tue 8th Jul 2008

Yes, that's truth. I compared it with HP many times, but there are Ron, Hermione and Harry, as well .They're the trio. So there were two options who could be with. And Harry and Hermione are just good friends like Holly and Artemis.

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Tue 8th Jul 2008

Tell that to Harry/Hermione shippers.
Hermione and Ron were really close friends too, remember.
Looking at real life too, that's how a lot of long-term relationships happen. People get so close as friends that they move their relationship one up (as long as there's attraction there, which there obviously is because Artemis calls Holly black widow pretty several times, while that really can't be used to entirely support AH, it's proof that there is, at least, attraction).
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Meova

Post by Meova » Tue 8th Jul 2008

Of course, you can't compare it completely to HP, but you can a little bit. There were H/R and H/H shippers with HP. With AF, there are A/M and A/H shippers. And the way I see it, or there's just some very very very close friendship thing going on between Artemis and Holly, or there is definitely love between them. We can't deny there's chemistry. And when there's chemistry, it's just a step away from love most of the time.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

Gremlin
Mud-Man
Location: Somewhere with a good book, paper, pens, and a pencil.

Post by Gremlin » Thu 10th Jul 2008

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that couple yet, but it does seem like there is a good chance of that happening.

For what someone else said about the aging.............Artemis has magic thanks to the time vortex. I'm thinking that will lengthen his life span a great deal. Commander Root's brother, Turnball, aged like a human without his magic. (The short story LEPrecon in The Artemis Fowl Files.) In The Opal Deception, Opal Koboi mentioned somewhere that she expected to age a bit faster because of being part human (the HGH in the pituitary gland)- might being part fairy now (Holly's eye) and the magic slow down the aging of our favorite boy genius?

There's also a few other possibilities that I thought of looking at some of the old fairy tales.......but I don't think anyone wants me to get into that long explanation at the moment.

Like I said, not sure how I feel about the two of them being a probable couple yet. But there are a few hints that perhaps it wouldn't be quite so hard on Holly with the aging differences as it seems.....but, I need to re-read something in the first book before I say anything else.
My idea of, "Ooh, fun!" is actually, "Ahhh, no!" for a lot of people.

What I do in my spare time.

And letting gremlin roommates cook is not a good idea- they tend to add motor oil to everything.

Image < Please click me!

Nanet Fowl
Gnome

Post by Nanet Fowl » Thu 10th Jul 2008

We can't deny it, because we can see it, but those are just our own opinions about the AF future. EC hasn't approved it, as well.
I always imagined A & H as very close friends, friends who help each other in abnormal situations, not any kind of relationship, more than frendship could be between them. So now this A/H shipper seems to me as not very good choice for Artemis/Holly. But we've got only prooves from the last 5 books, just EC knows what'll happen next... 8) 8)
....everything is better than A/M shipper. :? :? :? :?

Silvermist
Dwarf Thief

Post by Silvermist » Tue 22nd Jul 2008

im an A/H shipper by the second book also. they were began as allies and work there way up.and as many people say opposites atract and i really dont want to ruin peoples hopes that maybe in the 7th book minnie and arty will be together,but remeber minnie poped out of nowhere and disappeared that fast. no chance of her coming back from the dead!!!
Last edited by BlackOpal on Mon 28th Jul 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Spoiler Tag. :D
Joshua 1:9
Hello people of the internet! You may call me Baylee if you wish, I'm a small town girl living in a lonely world, I do not take trains anywhere since new orleans terrain does not allow that (it will get swallowed up by the marsh land or get flooded, like my car did D:<

Meet my Husband <3
Ok I think I'm done here...

magicbulletgirl
Mud-Man

Post by magicbulletgirl » Sat 26th Jul 2008

I just finished the latest book and it all but confirmed it.
I for one am very happy - been waiting since the first book and I felt they were just what the other needed.

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Sun 27th Jul 2008

^ TTP You should really spoiler that, magicbulletgirl.
I liked that too, though. TTP definitely made me happy for that reason.
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

Meova

Post by Meova » Sat 2nd Aug 2008

Yeah, I made you totally A/H shipper *coughcough* XD I really liked the kiss. I know that passage by heart now from rereading it all the time XD It really gives us A/H'ers hope.
ImageImageImageImage

Thanatos
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by Thanatos » Sat 2nd Aug 2008

I'm hoping that in the next book (pray there is one) they elaborate more on what happened between the two more, instead of the kiss in the middle, or the kiss on the cheek at the end.

That bothers the hell out of me....
"But I don't want to go among mad people." said Alice

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat.
"We're all mad here"

Meova

Post by Meova » Sun 3rd Aug 2008

Nah, I think one could be enough, but that Colfer should work it out a little bit more. I mean, I would've liked it if TTP Artemis and Holly had to think about it more often, which they didn't. Because you can't deny there's attraction. If I was Holly, I'm sure it wouldv'e slipped in my mind everytime I thought about Artemis...
ImageImageImageImage

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Mon 4th Aug 2008

TTP Well, he did do that a bit, I think. Not as much as would have been cool, but a bit. We never got all that much of Arty's feelings on the matter.
And Meo, I shipped A/H because it's good! You didn't make me! :D

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.

Meova

Post by Meova » Mon 4th Aug 2008

TTP I'm re-reading the book now, and I don't see him thinking about it too much. Yes, immediately after it, but I don't think that that's how it should've gone. Also, when Holly discovers that Artemis lied to her, well, if I would've been her, I would have thought back, and maybe yelled at myself for kissing him, etc., etc. You know what I mean?
ImageImageImageImage

Thanatos
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by Thanatos » Wed 6th Aug 2008

I think the fact that he lied is the only reason that held back serious feelings in this book. I'm sure in the next one (pray they do it), something will come up, will it be Human/Human or Human/Elf? O o
"But I don't want to go among mad people." said Alice

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat.
"We're all mad here"

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Wed 6th Aug 2008

Well, I don't know. I don't think she necessarily regretted it. If I were her, I wouldn't regret it.
She still totally loves him even though he lied, though. Because she knows that he did it for a good reason. And it's just who he is, that he will always be deceiving someone. She took that into account, I think, and loves him in spite of it--or maybe because of it.
But at the end, when she said. "And she had kissed him!" she doesn't say it in a way with bad connotations.
That's also a good point, Thanatos...Artemis did make a big deal about hating himself for lying to Holly....