Anything about the Fowl books.
- FG 5ever
- Posts: 5321
- Joined: Tue 30th Aug 2005
- Location: Northern Ireland
I just had an interesting email.
Hi. Regarding the origin and meaning of the name "Artemis Fowl":
If pronounce the name with a bit of a slur, I think it sounds like "a murder most foul." Does anyone else interpret it thusly?
I'd never thought of that, and I kinda see it. Have any of you ever said the name like that?
- Fangathering Fever patient
- Posts: 7628
- Joined: Fri 28th Sep 2007
- Location: Not sure, but I'm probably writing.
Hmmm. I never really thought of that. But I always pronounce the name clearly anyway
But it is interesting.
- LEPretrieval Team Member
- Posts: 508
- Joined: Fri 27th Oct 2006
a stretch, but that's way cool.
- LEPrecon Officer
- Posts: 765
- Joined: Thu 13th Dec 2007
I don't think most people would generally say it like that, but cool.
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Fri 22nd Feb 2008
- Location: Online
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Thu 28th Feb 2008
They sound somewhat alike, but i never thought of that. And Artemis Fowl doesn't like to murder people, and he especially doesn't like to get murdered.
Why dont our signatures have sig's?
Why dont our sig's sig's have sig's?
Why dont out sig's sig's sig's have sigs?