Is Artemis Fowl a Phenomenon?

Anything about the Artemis Fowl books.
yolen
Goblin

Is Artemis Fowl a Phenomenon?

Post by yolen » Tue 20th Nov 2007

Greetings and salutations.

I'm doing a research paper for my college english class on the Artemis Fowl Phenomenon (title needs work). When writing the paper, I'm going to try to include some fan response to several questions posted to different forums. Think of it as a mass poll.

My questions for this forum are:

Do you think Artemis Fowl is a pheomenon? Do you think the movie will boost him to phenomenon status, as it did Harry Potter?

Please remember, this is for a research paper, so you may be quoted, though annonymously.

(If you have a better title for the paper, feel free to submit it, too. If I use it, I'll give you credit. :) )
Last edited by yolen on Tue 20th Nov 2007, edited 1 time in total.

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Is Artemis Fowl a Phenomenon?

Post by Meova » Tue 20th Nov 2007

I don't think Artemis is a phenomenon like Harry Potter. Some people just love Artemis, and they gather on forums. But not like Harry, that everyone knows it and has an opinion about it. Maybe the movie will make it so that more people know Artemis, like it did with Harry, but I don't know that for sure. And deluded fans? We are not deluded. We just like Artemis, we might obsess sometimes, but we are just fans of him. I don't think he is a phenomenon. Maybe somewhere else, but not here, at least. And could you please change the "poor deluded fans" into something else? Because we are not poor, and not deluded. Just so you know.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

yolen
Goblin

Post by yolen » Tue 20th Nov 2007

Sorry about the "poor deluded" thing. I get a bit carried away when I write and have a tendancy to dramatize.

I edited my post.

And for the record, I have been a fan of the series since it first came out. I just haven't joined the forums until recently, that's all. Sorry if I came across as an anthropologist.

Please give your opinion. My grade is on the line and time is running short.

Thanks for your help! :D

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Wed 21st Nov 2007

I agree with Meova. And I also hope that it never becomes a phenomenon, like HP. I'd rather just have us dedicated fans here--the one's who've been reading them for awhile, not just the ones who picked it up cause "It was a really good movie"
The hype and all for HP sickens me.
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Wed 21st Nov 2007

I agree with carino too. I love now that not so much fan (not like HP that everyone on the street saying about it),just a small group , we can share and be friends, not too much people that everyone say that they love it, and we can never know which one really like the book! Of course i want more people to read it, but not as crazy as HP. I don't think AF will be a phenomenon, and the movie... no one knows when it will be (wishing to watch it) , if it really comes that sure to be more people who know AF, but no as much as HP!!!!!!!!

hope it helps. Get good mark. if you can, show as the work if you finish it. i am interested.
ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL