why does most people hate AF?

Anything about the Fowl books.
mystuff
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

why does most people hate AF?

Post by mystuff » Wed 7th Nov 2007

Nearly every1 in my school hasn't heard of AF and if they have they say it's boring or they don't understand it or it's too hard to read. sometimes i just think people are very dim minded around where I live. wat hav u lot done if you heard someone say dey h8t AF?
tk

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: why does most people hate AF?

Post by Meova » Wed 7th Nov 2007

Well, if they say it, I've mostly talked about it for way to long, so they get sick of it :P But most people around here won't read it anyway....
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Thu 8th Nov 2007

Same. I only know one guy that has read it, and he likes it okay. But he was in 10th grade when he read it, so he might have thought it was a bit young (no offense to older FG members).

I feel your pain, mystuff.
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Fri 9th Nov 2007

That happen to me too. what do you guys live?
ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL

Meova

Post by Meova » Fri 9th Nov 2007

The Netherlands. I totally hate it that Artemis is like a taboo in here!
ImageImageImageImage

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sat 10th Nov 2007

I live in Alabama, possibly the most religious state on the planet. It is a taboo here too. That stinks. :(
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

Meova

Post by Meova » Sat 10th Nov 2007

Then you haven't been to Malta. Believe me, it is VERY religious there. :P
ImageImageImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Mon 12th Nov 2007

I think most people don't even pay attention to it because they look at the blurb or ask someone what it is like and when they find out they say something like 'Fairy stories I'm way too old for that.' or 'It sounds boring and childish' (two responses I've had before). I think that is so stupid people should just give artemis fowl a chance and then they would find out it's not 'boring or childish'.
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D And a facebook page for those articles!

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Wed 14th Nov 2007

I think most people don't even pay attention to it because they look at the blurb or ask someone what it is like and when they find out they say something like 'Fairy stories I'm way too old for that.' or 'It sounds boring and childish' (two responses I've had before). I think that is so stupid people should just give artemis fowl a chance and then they would find out it's not 'boring or childish'.

I think that's a major part of why people wouldn't read AF. Or at least, people I know. I never read it until my friends forced me because I just looked at the back cover- all it said was "Stay back, human. You don't know what you're dealing with." I thought "Kid discovers existance of fairies? I've only read a million books with that plot...". So I didn't want to read it for the longest time. I think AF needs better people working on the summaries they put on the back of the books- the ones they've got are terrible. I once looked in a catalogue, and the description of TOD was something like "The evil Opal Koboi has cloned herself! How will Artemis defeat two Opals?". I laughed so hard it hurt.

luv-artygirl
Dwarf Miner

Post by luv-artygirl » Wed 14th Nov 2007

A lot of people(everyone I know...a heck of a lot of people)have never read the book!I tried to get one of my friends to read it but she never liked to read in the FIRST PLACE!!! :banghead: I pray that one day,I'll find someone at my school that would talk about Artemis Fowl with me.
Actually,there is this one AF fan I know.She's my newest BEST friend.I was telling my friends that the new GN of Artemis Fowl was out..they didn't really care but they just listened to me anyway(my new friend was hanging with us for the first time)she said that she already read the GN and she wanted to buy it and that's when we started to talk about Artemis Fowl!I'm like thinking 'OMG!Finally!' :party:
She has something in common with me AND my other BEST friends!
:jump:
The hardest thing in the world to...is think that you can't do whatever you want to do.If you want to have a dream come true,don't just sit there and wait!Try to make your dream a reality!!!
Proud member of the loveless fangirls!
watch this please...

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=QzFfQUvxVTU[/youtube]

Meova

Post by Meova » Wed 14th Nov 2007

One of my friends borrowed my AF book, and she's reading it at the moment. She likes it okay to this point. Finally someone who listens to me! :D
ImageImageImageImage

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Thu 15th Nov 2007

I lent it to one of my friends, and she lent me one of hers, a novel involving horses. No offense to her, but I'm not really into that kind of thing. So I never ended up reading it. I doubt that she even picked up Artemis Fowl. I'm not surprised, her family is so religious.
I'm Normally Paranormal.

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Thu 15th Nov 2007

cabaline wrote:I think most people don't even pay attention to it because they look at the blurb or ask someone what it is like and when they find out they say something like 'Fairy stories I'm way too old for that.' or 'It sounds boring and childish' (two responses I've had before). I think that is so stupid people should just give artemis fowl a chance and then they would find out it's not 'boring or childish'.

I know, they do need to fix that. I think a lot of people may also not like Artemis. I dunno why...I certainly do! But then again, I have a thing for slightly evil people.
However, I have 2 friends that like it! I'm rereading them again, and the other day one of my friends was like, "I love those books!" then we got into a discussion and I got to fill her in on AF:TTP. Fun!!
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Thu 15th Nov 2007

I only know one person who has read them, and he likes them "okay", in his words. Personally, I see it as a hate-or-love type thing. You know the case with me.
I wish AF was meant for older readers, then I thing more people would get into it. I mean, Opal, MMk, and Michael (just a few) are older, and they still like them, but I think they would attract more upper middleschoolers/ highschoolers if it was a bit more challenging. Of course, I have the tested reading level of a highschool grad, so it may just be me.
I'm Normally Paranormal.

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Thu 15th Nov 2007

^ I agree. They're mostly easy. Every once in awhile, there's a word I can't figure out. But I dunno if they would catch on as much with the older crowd anyhow.
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D