How Did You Find Out About Artemis?

Anything about the Artemis Fowl books.
E.N.HA
Gnome

Re: How Did You Find Out About Artemis?

Post by E.N.HA » Wed 5th Jan 2011

I was browsing in a bookstore when I was 13 and saw this really shiny golden book with 'Artemis Fowl' across the cover... I picked up the really shiny blue one next to it (TAI) and opened it to read a sample. I read something witty about "even polar bears wearing scarves" or whatever and thought, Hey, now here's something different. Was I ever right. I bought the first book and ever since I've practically staked out that section of bookstores. :D
I have nothing to declare but my genius. -Oscar Wilde
Which, being a genius, I shall not declare. I shall instead declare my paranoia.

In large friendly letters: DON'T PANIC. -Hitchhiker's Guide

Ann
Gnome

Post by Ann » Sun 6th Feb 2011

My BFF recomended it to me 'bout 2 years back. I thought it was going to be boring, but I got hooked from the first page! Now I'm farther along in the series then my friend is. :lol: Not to mention more addicted to it. :D
Red vs. Blue for the WIN. And BLUE PWNS, just to warn you. ;D

ArtyRocks
Troll

Re:

Post by ArtyRocks » Sun 27th Mar 2011

F.A.B wrote:Cool! B) I am so glad i can hang out wiv ppl who know what im talking about when i mention foaly, artemis, mulch or butler instead of just saying; Huh? Wah? Hmm? It gets annoying and ppl think im a bit weird. THAT IS AN INSULT 2 EOIN COLFER AND FOWL FANS!!! I say we start a revolution against ppl who dont know about Artemis Fowl and co.

:adminpower: :spam:

:peace: :stupid: Yeah and if they dont take notice...

:poke: And if they REALLY get on our nerves we can...

:catfight: :evil: and we can smash up their video games and computers :tantrum:

And if they still dont listen...

:starwars: end eventually we will...

:grr: :biggun: HAHA sweet revenge!!! ;)
i agree it's annoying but dont u think thats going overboard? and a little too violent? plus its not there fault they dont know who AF is.

Well i found out when i was looking around my school library earlier this year, i saw the book, read the back, and was like "woah, thats awesome!" and checked out the 1st and 2nd book and LOVED them, then i came back and checked out all of them 2 at a time!!! lol!!!

:party:
:microwave:
srry, i just lov those!
Last edited by Duck With No Name on Tue 26th Apr 2011, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged

Jayjay
Troll

Post by Jayjay » Sun 27th Mar 2011

My friend told me to read it.
I am in Team Artemis!! Don't deny it!

Now, I would like to say, that I always click other people's dragon eggs, and I think it would be very kind of you to click mine.
ImageImageImageImage

AllwithMagic1
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by AllwithMagic1 » Sun 10th Apr 2011

I first read the book when I picked it up from my own bookshelf. It was actually sitting there for some time because I didn't knew that it was that good!
I'm glad I picked it up at that time.
Still a newbie; I think...

Opal's_Clone
LEP Recruit
Location: Killing Mark Hamill for ruining Star Wars with his terrible acting.

Post by Opal's_Clone » Fri 22nd Apr 2011

I may or may not have said this already, but I first met Artemis at the library. I love the library. Stupid fines.

Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls :wub:

Disliking Pikachu is either a felony, or it should be.

Jayjay
Troll

Post by Jayjay » Sat 23rd Apr 2011

I love the library too, especially the school one, where I'm a librarian and there aren't any fines. :D
I am in Team Artemis!! Don't deny it!

Now, I would like to say, that I always click other people's dragon eggs, and I think it would be very kind of you to click mine.
ImageImageImageImage

raven
Goblin

Post by raven » Sun 24th Apr 2011

Hmm...the first time I met dear Arty was when this boy I had a love/hate relationship with was talking about and I just nodded along saying oh yeah I know that book. Although to be fair my aunt had bought me TOD so yeah. But as you can guess I was going to read the series chronologically so off to the library I went.

Aaaah, memories :)
We're all mini Marshmellow peeps living in a squidgy world...no seriously :D

If say books are knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, corruption is a crime and well, crime doesn't pay...Does this mean we should stop reading in case we all become broke?

Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Post by Felina » Tue 26th Apr 2011

Well...
I was in a library and the librarian showed me that book and I read it.
After that I was searching on the Internet something more about Artemis and I found this forum and...
Now I'm here :D
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*

firebat12
Troll

Post by firebat12 » Mon 13th Jun 2011

in the words of muscle man from cartoon network's regular show my mom! :razz:
team artemis is totally wicked: because like artremis i'm a boy genius

I porkchop minecraft

If sanity were curency i wouldn't just be broke, i'd have more debt then america

"War. War never changes.”
— Narrator (Fallout 3)

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. -William Shakespeare

Im a brony

Click the eggs or sick the ponies on u
ImageImageImageImageImage

Wolfie
Troll

Post by Wolfie » Wed 22nd Jun 2011

Ducky made me read them and I'm very glad she did :D (I know her in real life)
Image Image Image I thought why not, everyone elses look really cool :)
:DMake sure that you smile every day, to show the world that it hasn't beaten you yet :D
:)You can be exactly who you want to be, only you can make it happen, you've just got to believe it, you've just got to be it! :)
:D Team Artemis :D

ArtemisFowlfan96
LEP Recruit

Post by ArtemisFowlfan96 » Thu 30th Jun 2011

When I was in sixth grade, at age 11, my teacher read the first AF book to my class during Teacher Read Aloud. I thought that it was such a weird book! I mean, a book about a bad guy! I thought the ending was so sweet, but then that little note from Dr. J. Argon almost ruined it for me! Since it was my teacher reading it, I thought that it was from Eoin Colfer, and therfore, true! So, I didn't think much about it, for the rest of the year.

Then, in seventh grade, at age 12, my first year of junior high, I was looking for a book to read in Homeroom. I saw the second AF book, remembered the first AF book, and decided to read it. That's what officially got me hooked on the series. It turns out that I like a book a lot better if I read it myself, not if it's read to me. I've loved the characters and Eoin Colfer ever since. I am now 15, heading into tenth grade, and right now, I'm excitedly awaiting the last book, and, possibly, a movie in the very distant future!!!
The world is a strange place....

Dr. Spencer Reid, played by Matthew Gray Gubler, on Criminal Minds, is the most amazing guy in the world. And HE'S ALL MINE!!!

The rain smells... interesting. It's... intoxicating. I can't stop... sniffing it. Don't worry... if I get... high....

"Do you think it's possible to feel homesick, even when you're at home?"
---Julie from Saturday's Warrior

Love hurts like a sharp arrow--why else would everyone draw an arrow through their hearts? But going without it hurts even more.

"I do my thing and you do your thing; you are you and I am I; but if in the end we end up together, it's beautiful."
---Topanga from Boy Meets World

MasterFowler
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by MasterFowler » Sat 2nd Jul 2011

I found a kid on Facebook who looked scarily like a character on a book cover that I saw, and after research and a lot of attempting to rack my lack of a short term memory for the book, I realised that It was Artemis Fowl. As I remembered it from my uncle's bookshelf, as he likes the books. I got "The Time Paradox" a few years ago as a gift, (a joke from a friend who saw the title and thought it would be funny :shock: ) but never really cared to read it, because I thought that it looked a little weird. :?

I bought the first 3 books, and so the Fowl obsession began... xD
I can relate to the character not only personality wise.. but, yeah.. so I thought that it was the best thing since the invention of the PS3 and XBox.
Don't be fooled by this cute facade...
-LEP Recon Jock Wannabe and proud bearer of the surname Fowler in his free time-

yunyun
Centaur Genius

Post by yunyun » Mon 18th Jul 2011

from our class's book talk (i failed it XD) two guys did their's on Artemis Fowl (AF and TP (i don't feel like writing the whole title but you can figure it out)) and theni startted reading them. :)

Amber Root
Council Member

Post by Amber Root » Tue 19th Jul 2011

Well I was in my class room and I had nothing to read so I ranomly picked a book off of the shelf, it was AF the Opal Deception. So I started to read it and I loved it ever since! :D
Last edited by Amber Root on Sun 8th Jan 2012, edited 1 time in total.
You threw me a lifeline, I'm not throwing away my shot