How Did You Find Out About Artemis?

Anything about the Artemis Fowl books.
Sheva Das
Troll

Re: How Did You Find Out About Artemis?

Post by Sheva Das » Thu 2nd Jul 2009

Wow...I think I first read the series when I was six or seven. I have no idea how I found out about them. XD When I originally read the books, I didn't get them AT ALL but a few years later when I had become wiser (relatively) I vaguely remembered the title and picked The Arctic Incident up at the library. The rest, as they say, is history.

iwuvarty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by iwuvarty » Tue 7th Jul 2009

I don't really remember much but I think my friends introduced me to it.
Read my pathetic stories I wrote on -----
https://www.fanfiction.net/~thescarletibis

View my horrible drawings on -----
https://koreanchic.deviantart.com/

In Af fanfiction, I'm theScarletIbis!
Check out my stories:
https://artemisfowl.fangathering.com/fanfiction/author/TheScarletIbis/

artemisfowlrocks
Gnome

Post by artemisfowlrocks » Wed 29th Jul 2009

i like wellllllll we had a book sale thing at my school and i saw one of my friends that's a boy (ok he is not my boyfriend, just a friend) that bought and artemis fowl book that happened to be the only one there. he was really sulky and said that the artemis fowl books were really good and that i should read the series. i already had read all the harry potter books and was looking for another series so i thought i would give artemis fowl a try. now i love it!!!!! :Dha ha im a goblin :?

Ally Kat
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Ally Kat » Wed 12th Aug 2009

My best friend told me about them. I continued to pertser her to get me every book from the library so I could read them. And that's how I became obsessed.

I’m not calling for a second chance,
I’m screaming at the top of my voice.
Give me reason, but don’t give me choice,
Because I’ll just make the same mistake again.

Harry Blue5
Troll

Post by Harry Blue5 » Wed 12th Aug 2009

I saw pictures in my school library (officially the Learning Resources Centre) and I kept passing it and it was apparently from a 'megaselling' author. I decided to buy the first book after a while... I read it in ONE day. Then I bought Artic Incident... and read that in one day. Then I found TEC in the school library... read it in a day. Then from the other official libraries I borrowed the other books, each one I read on a seperate (ONE!!!) day. :?
"I liked you better asleep, my head hurt less"
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

hiholly123
Dwarf Thief

Post by hiholly123 » Thu 17th Sep 2009

I saw my friend reading the second one a lot, and she was all, "It's really really good! You have to read it!" And I was all, "Yeah, maybe..." But I wasn't really excited about it. But then she cornered me and said, "At least TRY it! Trust me, you'll love it..." So I followed her directions and there it was. *sigh* Artemis Fowl. I took it out and began, and by the third chappie, I was sucked in. I checked out the second, and bought the third, and borrowed the Opal Deception from my friend, and the lost colony, and then the Time Paradox. And here I am today, typing this, reveling in my memories...Blah, blah, blah...sappy, sappy, sappy...There you go!
(GIF not made by me)
Don't Blink.
Team Holly!

cookieninja
LEP Commander

Post by cookieninja » Thu 24th Sep 2009

I was in the library at my old school and I was just looking for some books because I had read like half the ones in the library. Then my teacher came up to me while I looking at the fantasy and said "You should try Artemis Fowl. They're about..." I read it and I really liked it so I kept reading the others. I got like one of my friends reading too!
The best comedy around. Monty Python. Please, don't hesitate to look them up.
++++++++++
Number One Rule of the World wrote:Something goes wrong? Blame Pete Wentz.
Wentz not available? Blame Gabe Saporta.

Cookie Shamelessly Promotes Her Writing in Her Signature

MuriUmbrielCordeliaN
Centaur Genius

Post by MuriUmbrielCordeliaN » Sun 25th Oct 2009

Once, when I was really little, I was looking through my older brother's backpack and he had two of the books in there. I didn't pay them any attention and completely forgot about them for a while. Then, a few years later, I was wandering around the library looking for a good book, recognized the name, read one of the books, and was immediately a fan!

^_^ This is Baby Georgie. He haz some leeves.

Julissa Holly Fowl
LEP Commander

Post by Julissa Holly Fowl » Sun 1st Nov 2009

I was quite dubious about reading AF (for some reason, I thought it was a silly adult book) but I was talked into it. I will never be able to thank my mother enough for that.
AWARENESS+ACTION=IMPACT.

Réaltaí Rince na hÉireann
Irish Dance, always and forever!

http://realtairinceeireann.blogspot.com/

theeternitycode
LEP Recruit

Post by theeternitycode » Sun 8th Nov 2009

I'd had the first book for a while, and I'd read it in, like, third grade or something, and liked it, but didn't really appreciate it. Then a couple of months ago, I can across it while going through my pile of books. I read it and was hooked. I read them mostly in order - 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 2. I didn't read the second until a couple of weeks ago, just after I joined this site.
Lelouch... Do you know why snow is white? ...Snow is white because it has forgotten what color it's supposed to be. - C.C., Code Geass

RainOrShine
Goblin

Post by RainOrShine » Tue 10th Nov 2009

I picked up the first one from the library and loaded it to my iPod. Then I started listening to it. The rest, as they say is history. :D
Everyone is an I.

Think about that. Everyone is an I. The guy over there, that girl with the long hair - each and every one of them is their own centre of the world.

Everyone is an I.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Tue 22nd Dec 2009

Long story...

My mom used to read books to me when I was a kid, just as a way to spend time with me. She got Artemis Fowl when I was maybe six, because she thought it looked good, and read me the whole thing. It bored me to death. Then, when I was about ten, I picked up the first one and reread it, not really paying attention, but I convinced my mom to buy me books 2 and 3, and skipped everything that didn't have Holly in it XD. Then just about a year and a month ago, I found the second and third book, read them in about four days, and went.... "Oh my God, this is really good!"
I got books 4 and 5 at the same time, and they took me a day each. Then, while impatiently waiting for my Christmas money so I could buy TTP, I found book 1 and reread it. So the order for me was 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 6, and I honestly think that's a really good order to go in.

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Wed 23rd Dec 2009

hiholly123 wrote:I saw my friend reading the second one a lot, and she was all, "It's really really good! You have to read it!" And I was all, "Yeah, maybe..." But I wasn't really excited about it. But then she cornered me and said, "At least TRY it! Trust me, you'll love it..." So I followed her directions and there it was. *sigh* Artemis Fowl. I took it out and began, and by the third chappie, I was sucked in. I checked out the second, and bought the third, and borrowed the Opal Deception from my friend, and the lost colony, and then the Time Paradox. And here I am today, typing this, reveling in my memories...Blah, blah, blah...sappy, sappy, sappy...There you go!
I'm guessing that ur talking bout A…
but I saw Liz reading it she said it was good and after my friend S read the first one I read it. I loved it and now I'm here!
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project

helsic
Mud-Man

Post by helsic » Wed 24th Mar 2010

Aw~

I was strongly into the Harry Potter fandom in that time, (5 years ago) when I read online some people talking about how good Artemis fowl books were... so I started to be curious and I started to read the book on internet because I couldn't find the book in the bookstores in spanish ;-;

After the first one I could buy the following 2 books and I was so excited! then, I couldn't find the others in spanish. but I moved to Taiwan for work (I'm Colombian) and I found all the books in english in the library here, OMG I was like: "OMG OMG HELL YES!!!" jumping around like little child!

Tree-huger
Mud-Man

Post by Tree-huger » Fri 2nd Apr 2010

I was looking for new books to read since i was waiting for the 9th Ranger's Apprentice book. I looked in the school library and passed the 'C' section. I immediately turned back since something caught my eye. The first thing that went through my head when i looked at the front cover of Artemis Fowl was "ooh! Shiny!" :D

totally random reason don't you think? If Artemis was reading this i think he'll probably fell degraded and send Butler to kill me. :shock:
"So boycott love,
Detox just to retox.
And I'll promise you anything
for another shot at life.
Imperfect boys with their perfect ploys.
Nobody wants to hear you sing about tragedy."
Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes-Fall Out Boy