it's over 9000

Re: How Did You Find Out About Artemis?

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Sat 24th Jan 2009

Oddly enough I started with the first book XD

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Sun 25th Jan 2009

I started with the graphic novel, then I grabbed any AF book that I saw. Every single one, believe me. Oops, I forgot, you've probably done the same.
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!

Hollix11
Mud-Man

Post by Hollix11 » Sat 31st Jan 2009

I started with The Arctic Incident since my friend had borrowed number 1 for a book report, and I had read the back cover of number 1 and kept forgetting to borrow it, and I got really desperate so I borrowed number 2.

Strangely, TAI is my least favorite book :?
We're all mad here...

fowlfan009
B'wa Kell Lieutenant

Post by fowlfan009 » Sat 31st Jan 2009

Um.. I think it was my sister who suggested Artemis Fowl.. YEP. It sure was her. I started reading the first part in Novenber 2008.

Alanna
Lady Random

Post by Alanna » Thu 5th Feb 2009

I first started reading the books in 2006 when I realised I had read all the other interesting books in my primary school libary. This happened arround the same time that I joined the local libary. To avoid the crowds that teased me about my fantasy fasination, I borrowed the books from the public libary.
To date, I have read AF somewat 10 times, AI arround the same, EC less them the rest because obtaining a copy means a long wait.OI arround 7, TP 5, and TP 3.
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.

Artylover41697
Mud-Man

Post by Artylover41697 » Sun 15th Feb 2009

I was in 4th grade when I 1st heard of the series. It was 2006 when I learned about it from one of the guys i had a crush on. I decided to read it to be able to talk about it w/ him. The 1st ch. I was HOOKED. I fell in luv w/ Arty and forgot about my crush. I pictured Arty as a red haired short boy. Then I got the graphic novel 1 year later. I liked the way that it pictured him much better than my imagination did. In my dreams, I worked around the stories, placing myself to fit in them. My crush has lasted even as I am almost 12 now (I was 9 then). I worked around Artemis as well. I made him a talented musician behind everyone. Nobody knew it but me. Arty is fun to variate. you can do so much with his dark and interlocked personality. but, that's just me!

Miasaki-chan
Council Member

Post by Miasaki-chan » Sun 22nd Feb 2009

google.ca->Artemis Fowl->artemisfowl.fangathering.com->forum.fangathering.com
The Prank 'I won't be supprised if you can't guess it, it was kinda triksty :P'

ShortRebel
LEP Recruit
Location: New England. Just like Olde England, but without the charm or chips

Post by ShortRebel » Mon 30th Mar 2009

Yeah, I found out in a really boring way. I was just in the library when I was eleven and was looking for something to read. The shiny covers looked familiar even though I'd never seen the books before in my life, or heard of them
(prior to this, they were probably haunting my dreams, trying to let me know that we were meant to be together),
so I checked out the first one. Read it. Thought it was pretty awesome (although I wasn't in love at this point) and grabbed the second. Then I bought the fifth at a book fair, thinking that it was the third read that, got confused to all hell (I was kind of wondering when Root had died in TAI) but fell in love anyway. A little while later, I saw a girl on my bus reading the second book with the third and fourth ones lying next to her. Needless to say I figured things out pretty quickly after that ;)

F.A.B wrote:
I became friends with them through the books and i developed a strong admiration for Artemis, Butler, Holly and Foaly. By the time i was reading the other books i was crying, laughing, smiling, blushing (and swearing sometimes) with all of them.

Don't worry, I have a creepy relationship with the AF characters too. If I'm really stressed, angry, depressed, ect. I hold very odd conversations with them. Yeah.......we're pretty close....closer than I am with 99.9% of the human race... :guh:
◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙

Tennis.Running. Friends. Science.: Love

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

I absolutely swear It Gets Better

"High school is one of the most difficult times you'll ever live through. At that age, you're expected to act like an adult while gaining none of the benefits of adulthood. You are criticized for virtually everything you do by just about every adult in your social and family circle. You're expected to start holding up responsibilities, but under their rules. It is terrifyingly hard. Some people don't make it through. You will.

-John Cheese, cracked.com

◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙

Loreena
Mud-Man

Post by Loreena » Wed 8th Apr 2009

I saw the first Artemis Fowl book in the library laying on a chair and I was like "ooo what a shiny, gold book" I so I picked it up and ended up getting it. And so that's how my obsession started.
I could say that I'm not normal. My question: What is normal?

Steph Short
Goblin

Post by Steph Short » Tue 21st Apr 2009

My dad got me the sample chapters of L.C. I throught it was great but ended up reading the series backwards... :lol:
One day i plan to read them all propely.

I_Party_With_Arty
Mud-Man

Post by I_Party_With_Arty » Sat 25th Apr 2009

I found out when my friend was reading it, and some of my friends started talking about it. I started reading it, and now I can't put it down! (Seriously! It took my 1 and a half months to get me half way through the last book!!!!)
Clickies!

Image Image

Artemis Lore
LEP Commander

Post by Artemis Lore » Sun 26th Apr 2009

I was looking for something to read when I found the first book. I read the back and by the next week I had read them all. This was about four years ago though.
Let go of the fears to which you cling,
and in the dark you'll hear them sing...

Dragons

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Sat 6th Jun 2009

Well, last year I saw it but thought it looked boring ( I do judge books by their covers usually) Then my friends recomended it and I've loved the books ever since!
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project

jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by jsreed5 » Mon 8th Jun 2009

My friend had a copy of the first book at summer camp about 6 years ago. He read a chapter to me aloud and I got a completely wrong impression of the series (that Artemis was simply a kid who was really good with computers, because he read me the chapter in which Artemis cracks the Gnommish in the Book). I didn't actually pick up a book myself until about 4 years later at a school book fair, and the first one I bought was the Eternity Code. Then I got all the others and I haven't stopped reading them since.

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Sun 21st Jun 2009

Well, my friend said it was a really good series, and I sort of looked at the blurb at the back, which gave me the TOTALLY wrong impression.

Then, one day, while I was clearing the library (at school) I picked up the graphic novel and BAM.

I was a total fan. After looking at the first picture.
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!