[OFFICIAL] Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox (AF6)

Anything about the Artemis Fowl books.
1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Re: [OFFICIAL] Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox (AF6)

Post by 1hollyfan » Tue 23rd Oct 2007

Haha... evil guinea pigs.... Squeeeeakkk! Squeaker squeal chirp! Squeal squeak! Translation- "Rise up! Escape from those cages and stupid glass pens at the pet store! We shall rule the world!" :razz:
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Wed 24th Oct 2007

(To end the cute little domination-minded guinea pig spam...)

It's pretty much impossible for the villain to be Abbot. It says that the fairies spend years deciding what to do with him, and then an endless supply of LEP interns threw little swords in his cage to make fun of him. End of story.

nutrino
Dwarf Thief

Post by nutrino » Wed 24th Oct 2007

i don't want to sound disrespectful, but how do the admins know all this?
Hello again.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Wed 24th Oct 2007

How do the admins know what? And if you're talking about me: I'm not an admin, by the way, I'm a moderator.

Now that we know more of the plot, the whole thing about Holly fighting a kraken seems absolutely random. Does it tie in with anything at all? I assume it will, once we read the book, but at the moment it confuses me.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Fri 26th Oct 2007

nutrino wrote:i don't want to sound disrespectful, but how do the admins know all this?

Uhhhh... it was in the book?

What I want to know is: Where the heck did that come from in the first place? I think that someone brought up the idea as a kraken being the "new creature" that Colfer supposedly mentioned. Then it just got blown out of porportion.
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Meova » Fri 26th Oct 2007

Or some people watched Pirates of the Carribean, thought it would be nice if the next villain would be a Kraken, said it somewhere on a forum, and it got blown out of proportion.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Fri 26th Oct 2007

good point MMK i sorta forgot about that, but we could have *cups hands into mega phone* "THE AMAZING BRIAR CUGEON IN A BOX!!!" his reamains all neatly collected in a box, the skys the limit!
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

Meova

Post by Meova » Sat 27th Oct 2007

But weren't his remains in a tube full of activated plasma, which would probably mean that there aren't any remains left.
ImageImageImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sat 27th Oct 2007

Meova wrote:But weren't his remains in a tube full of activated plasma, which would probably mean that there aren't any remains left.

yeah and if there was any remains someone would have to break into koboi's lab, climb in the tube and find cugeons remains. It isn't very appealing :D even if the plasma is deactivated.

Meova

Post by Meova » Sun 28th Oct 2007

Like we all found out together with Artemis in TAI. And then there are still the plasma snakes :P
ImageImageImageImage

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Mon 29th Oct 2007

Now you guys are being rediculous. If Cudgeon is the villain in book 6, I'll be so incredibly surprised that I will give up debating on the subject of AF, leave FG, and live under a rock.

Not really, of course. But it won't happen, so it doesn't matter.

Or some people watched Pirates of the Carribean, thought it would be nice if the next villain would be a Kraken, said it somewhere on a forum, and it got blown out of proportion.

Hey, I'm the first person to be skeptical when Colfer 'says' something. I wouldn't say that he said something unless I was 100% positive... and he said that AF6 would open in Finland with Holly fighting a kraken. It was in one of his AFC interviews.

Meova

Post by Meova » Mon 29th Oct 2007

Did he? Where?
I didn't knew that he said that, so I made up a theory how it could've been made. But Finland? It's cold there... Didn't elves hate the cold?
ImageImageImageImage

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Mon 29th Oct 2007

Well, they avoid it and only go there when absolutely nessessary. I think I would avoid fighting a krakken unless it was absolutely nessesary too.
I'm Normally Paranormal.

veelagirl
Centaur Genius

Post by veelagirl » Wed 31st Oct 2007

of course they would avoid the kraken but it would probably destroy humanity or at least be a bomb in our population and then ppl would get curious where it came from and whether there are other such beasts (coughtrollcough) and then they would discover the People. and yes, in the back of the 5th book there was a little clippit in gnommish and it said that the 6th book will be scened in helsinki harbour - finland.

MMK wrote:Hey, I'm the first person to be skeptical when Colfer 'says' something.

dont i know it.
hello. my name is veelagirl.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sat 3rd Nov 2007

True, but I'm saying that if she didn't HAVE to, she wouldn't fight it. She has respect for all life, and who cares if it is hurting humans? Actually, I'm betting the fairies would cheers the krakken on if it wasn't affecting them.
I'm Normally Paranormal.