[OFFICIAL] Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox (AF6)

Anything about the Artemis Fowl books.
Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: [OFFICIAL] Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox (AF6)

Post by Meova » Thu 3rd Jul 2008

carino wrote:I used to be. Then someone who avidly ships A/H convinced me that it was really the best ship ever, in history of ships.

Who told you? I ship A/H, but I never really tried to convince you...
And TA, I think you're not, but I can't remember another... I do want to invite you to argue with us A/H'ers about why your/our ship is the best 8)
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

Target Aquired
LEP Recruit

Post by Target Aquired » Fri 4th Jul 2008

Meova wrote:And TA, I think you're not, but I can't remember another... I do want to invite you to argue with us A/H'ers about why your/our ship is the best 8)

I'm up for that! :D A/M shippers are few and far between. We're the elite. 1337!

...is in quasi-hibernation for a bit...
*--
" just across the wide-open green space, is it?"
YES, i am a devoted A/M shipper.
graphics by T A R G E T _ A Q U I R E D ~*
for my fanfiction "f e r m a t a ," go here or here.

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Sat 5th Jul 2008

Meo, that comment was pointed at a certain person that I'm sure will understand it. :D
It wasn't you.
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Sun 6th Jul 2008

OH MY GOD!! The old US page http://www.artemisfowl.com/ is updated! Now it's so cool!
There is the FIRST CHAPTER!!! And more plot revealed!! And the countdown!!

::08 DAY 11 HOUR 52 MINUTE 30 SECOND:: to go!!!! Got reli excited :D
ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL

Nanet Fowl
Gnome

Post by Nanet Fowl » Sun 6th Jul 2008

OH MY GOD! I've already read it. I was so suprised. On the other hand it was very strange to read about a new attitude of Artemis. He's now changed. His opinions and behaviour to other people 8) 8) . But is it the truth? Is Artemis really a good character or it is only a rest of the last adventure, I mean, a rest of Holly's power that changed him? :razz:....probably he found himself new reasons to keep living, but to live a crime-free life :razz:

holly s
Troll
Location: I would tell you, but then I'd have another stalker.

Post by holly s » Sun 6th Jul 2008

I loved the twins in the chapter!!!!
And when Artemis wasn't wearing a suit I so appauled! I wonder if his new attitude will keep up.... :?
I like books
Go figure.
I like books.
Yes, yes, we know!
I like books!
We get the picture.
I LIKE BOOKS!!!!
*sighs*
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Star Fruit![br]Get your own at Flyffables!
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls.

cathrel
Troll

Post by cathrel » Tue 8th Jul 2008

ZOMG!

read the first chap!

it was soo funneh! [okay the myle and beckett part] :)

LULZ. myles is soo arty-junior-i-am-smarter-than-arty-himself-coz-he's-a-simple-toon! hahah!!! :lol: 8)

I NEED TO GET MUH HANDS ON THAT BOOK!!!

:o :o :o

Meova

Post by Meova » Thu 10th Jul 2008

Yay! I just ordered my copy, and it'll arrive in a week, they assured me of that! :D I'm so happy! Just before I go on holiday, too, so I won't have to rush reading it, since I can't be on Fg anyway then. :(
ImageImageImageImage

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Fri 11th Jul 2008

WOW!!! I today can see TTP on the shelf in bookstore, the UK version (yellow one in case you don't know)!!!!! But I would like the green US one more, so I will wait for a while. I wanna ask is there US version PAPERBACK?
The yellow book so so shiny, the whole cover and side and back, but a bit bigger in size than the other AFs.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Fri 11th Jul 2008

Was anybody else dissapointed with Chapter One? It bothered me...

First of all, Artemis loses his magic practically before the book even starts! How annoying is that? And he fingerpaints! Yeah, he's changed, but I think that's a bit much. And I still can't picture him in anything besides a suit. And AF senior was sort of weird...

Usually the opening chapters are so much funnier, too. Artemis in the restaurant in TEC, Artemis as a 'normal' teenager in TOD, and then waiting for the materialization in TLC... the whole thing with the twins didn't amuse me too much.

The excerpt on the UK site was much more satisfying- albeit shorter. Foaly seemed oddly OOC, but everything else was cool. You can see how No1's matured a bit, too. And I liked how there was humor in it even though it was an important passage... although the whole bit about going without clothing seems unneeded and sort of forced, if that makes sense.

Meova

Post by Meova » Sat 12th Jul 2008

Well... I just didn't think about the fact that it's the first chapter. I did hate it that Artemis lost his magic already. But I do think that there's still a little bit left, or just the knowledge of how to use it. Because it did say in TLC that parts of his brain opened up which hadn't been used for thousands of years, or whatever it said.
ImageImageImageImage

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Sat 12th Jul 2008

i just think he will manage to get magic again

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Sat 12th Jul 2008

MMK wrote:Was anybody else dissapointed with Chapter One? It bothered me...

First of all, Artemis loses his magic practically before the book even starts! How annoying is that? And he fingerpaints! Yeah, he's changed, but I think that's a bit much. And I still can't picture him in anything besides a suit. And AF senior was sort of weird...

The excerpt on the UK site was much more satisfying- albeit shorter. Foaly seemed oddly OOC, but everything else was cool. You can see how No1's matured a bit, too. And I liked how there was humor in it even though it was an important passage... although the whole bit about going without clothing seems unneeded and sort of forced, if that makes sense.

Yeah, I was disappointed, too. It was slightly funny, but fingerpainting?
I mean, I suppose Arty will have to change a bit around the twins, but he could watch them fingerpaint.
Geez, I have never fingerpainted.

I am really hoping that Artemis will find a way to get more magic, though. I mean, if he's traveling in a time tunnel with Holly, he'll probably pick up some more there. I liked the idea of a magical Arty. :D

And I think Foaly seemed OOC even in TLC. He's so different than he was before. I didn't like it.
And yes, the without clothing. It's obvious that there's something else attached to that. At first when I read it, I was thinking A/H! But now...I don't.
If Colfer was going to do A/H, he wouldn't do it in such a way. I just want to know why that bit is in there.
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

Target Aquired
LEP Recruit

Post by Target Aquired » Sat 12th Jul 2008

Augh! I hadn't read it yet! (covers eyes so that she can't see posts, then goes to read)

DON'T READ IT YOU HAVEN'T READ CHAPTER 1 YET.

Wow. I was a little nervous with the first few pages-- Colfer's style was different somehow. Choppier. But when Artemis was trying to heal his mother-- that was COOL (and he seemed more himself). Like in TLC when everyone was summoning their magic. I really loved how Colfer describes Artemis magically changed and how he was trying to adjust. I hadn't thought about that at all.

I liked the Artemis fingerpainting moment. Colfer has suggested that Artemis paints by how he forged several masterpieces. I think Artemis would have been absorbed in his fingerpaint Picasso. Ha ha ha.

I really like Artemis Senior, which was something I hadn't expected at all. If he teamed up with Artemis to help the faries, I think that it would be really awesome.

I don't think his magic is completely gone. Now that he knows how to use it and his brain has "opened up," I'm betting that he could steal some again, especially since they're apparently going to be jumping about in time tunnels! I'm wondering if Colfer will use the pluses and minuses of Arty's magic in the book.

WHERE'S MINERVA, DARN IT!? :x

...is in quasi-hibernation for a bit...
*--
" just across the wide-open green space, is it?"
YES, i am a devoted A/M shipper.
graphics by T A R G E T _ A Q U I R E D ~*
for my fanfiction "f e r m a t a ," go here or here.

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Sat 12th Jul 2008

I hear Minerva's not really going to be in this book that much. That she failed to wait for Artemis and became involved with a Skier.

But that's from Wikipedia, so we don't know how true it will be.

I thought the first Chapter was a bit fan fiction-y.

I mean, he's dressed in black pants and a blue silk button down shirt (The way I always see him in Fanart), he's suddenly good with children, he's riding horses, it's sort of like he's becoming a male Mary Sue. (And if anyone says "Gary Stu" I swear to god I will break my own hand.)