[OFFICIAL] Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox (AF6)

Anything about the Fowl books.
F.A.B
Centaur Genius

Re: [OFFICIAL] Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox (AF6)

Post by F.A.B » Sun 20th Apr 2008

Ooh, I love the UK cover! I love the monkey. That's my Chinese zodiac animal sign :D
MMK wrote:And is that a monkey on Artemis's side? Maybe that's the creature he needs to save Angeline...

Wow, the suspense of it all! I really really can't wait for the next book now!
I am a Moon Child

Integrity ~ Lve ~ Unity

jadeprincess
Troll

Post by jadeprincess » Sun 20th Apr 2008

Oooh, can I please see a link to the US cover? I couldn't find it.
Hola, ma petit kumquat!- Me
Holly/Trouble
yayayayayayay!
:D

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Mon 21st Apr 2008

Here is the
UK one: http://www.artemis-fowl.com/images/site ... /eng_1.gif
US one: http://www.artemis-fowl.com/images/site ... /usa_1.jpg

I love the US one more, the time tunnel thing is cool. And not really like the monkey in the UK one.
ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL

holly s
Troll
Location: I would tell you, but then I'd have another stalker.

Post by holly s » Wed 23rd Apr 2008

Hey guys!!! GUESS WHAT?!!! I heard that they're gonna release the first chapter online. *starts to do a happy jig* I can't wait!!!!
I like books
Go figure.
I like books.
Yes, yes, we know!
I like books!
We get the picture.
I LIKE BOOKS!!!!
*sighs*
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Star Fruit![br]Get your own at Flyffables!
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls.

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Thu 24th Apr 2008

really? can't wait!

GoMulchGo
LEP Recruit
Location: Trapped in the sunken ship of Titanic. T_T Help me.

Post by GoMulchGo » Thu 24th Apr 2008

LEP wrote:Here is the
UK one: http://www.artemis-fowl.com/images/site ... /eng_1.gif
US one: http://www.artemis-fowl.com/images/site ... /usa_1.jpg

I love the US one more, the time tunnel thing is cool. And not really like the monkey in the UK one.

I like the cover of the US one, but it doesn't seem right to have Artemis in the cover because it should be like the rest of the US covers with just a brilliant design.
Is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable? Who cares! It's going to turn into ketchup anyway.

Oh! And yogurt rules! Yeah! Go bacteria!

ImageClick here to feed me a Rare Candy!Get your own at Pokeplushies!

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Thu 24th Apr 2008

Yeah, I think the US covers have been going downhill since TOD... TLC is my least favorite, and TTP might be my second least favorite. For one thing, they're not shiny. That's not my biggest grievance, though... I just don't like how it looks as much. It's still nice, though.

The UK TTP cover, by contrast, is probably my favorite out of those types.

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Fri 25th Apr 2008

GoMulchGo wrote:I like the cover of the US one, but it doesn't seem right to have Artemis in the cover because it should be like the rest of the US covers with just a brilliant design.

yes, if there's no artemis but just the light and the water-like stuff will be better

eoinfan
Goblin

Post by eoinfan » Fri 25th Apr 2008

Hi all

1st post, so be gentle!
I'm sooo addicted to af, i've been searching high and low for some info about the new book and just discovered this site, makes fantastic reading. I just wanted your advice, I saw this on ebay, and I'm really tempted, do you think it's real?

It gives some of the plot on the page, so maybe it is. I've put it at the bottom and 'spoilered' it, incase it gives away too much for you.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260234188160&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=016

Artemis Fowl has battled high-tech fairies, power-hungry crime-lords, bloodthirsty trolls and time-traveling demons. NOW, Artemis is facing his deadliest enemy yet. Himself. "

After returning from Limbo after being missing for three years, Artemis tries to lead a normal, crime-free life with his new-found younger brothers, but now Artemis' mother is gravely ill, with a strange magical illness that decimated the fairy population years ago, and now he must travel back in time to steal the extinct cure from the hands of his evil younger self. That's right, Artemis, alongside his ally Holly Short, is about to...

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Fri 25th Apr 2008

It it's real, then... wow. I'm suspicious, though. I don't know anything about Ebay, so I don't know how to verify any claims... The plot description and cover are genuine.

And welcome to the forum! :) I suggest making a topic in Introductions and Going Aways so we can get to know you better.

On another topic, I'm still wondering if Juliet will return. I miss her- she was pretty cool. Though she doesn't seem to have her fairy memories, and Artemis didn't leave a file for her on the disk he used to retrieve his own memories. So I suppose there's not much of a chance.

EDIT: I realized this as I pressed submit- I forgot about past Juliet! Maybe we'll see her.

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Sat 26th Apr 2008

hi eoinfan, welcome here, we are all nice here. Yes, as MMK said make a topic on Introduction forum!

i think juliet will return, because Butler said he have to tell them about the the turth in that three years, though they don't believe. so juliet may have the memory back.

GoMulchGo
LEP Recruit
Location: Trapped in the sunken ship of Titanic. T_T Help me.

Post by GoMulchGo » Sun 27th Apr 2008

I have spotted a problem. As you know Butler has gotten way older than he was in the beginning of the series, so he's much slower and weaker. Since Artemis has to go back in time and face his younger self, the past Butler will certainly be there with him. Because of that, the older Butler will have a hard a time if he has to fight the past Butler. This book will have so many conflicts. And don't try to make a compromise saying that Butler might not go back in time with Artemis because that would make things worse.

P.S. If Artemis is fighting himself, then wouldn't that be classified as an internal conflict?
Is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable? Who cares! It's going to turn into ketchup anyway.

Oh! And yogurt rules! Yeah! Go bacteria!

ImageClick here to feed me a Rare Candy!Get your own at Pokeplushies!

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Sun 27th Apr 2008

I think that Artemis fighting himself is technically Man vs. Man.
Though, the thought of fighting himself might cause a Man vs. Himself conflict.

Does fighting fairies count as Man vs. Man or Man vs. Nature? (Was that sentence grammatical? I don't think so)

I don't think that they'll fight Artemis and Butler. I think that Eoin might stick to the "don't see yourself in the past or you'll destroy your future" concept.
Though Artemis is going to change the past.
I wonder if it'll change it so that the other books never happened, or so that they are drastically different.
If Artemis has to actually battle himself then it can't not change the books. (Double negative!)
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Meova » Mon 28th Apr 2008

I do think you're right, Opal. If Artemis fights himself in TTP, it will have to change the book. Or, like you also said, Eoin might use the "Don't see yourself in the past or you'll change your future" thing which Rowling also used.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Mon 28th Apr 2008

Does fighting fairies count as Man vs. Man or Man vs. Nature? (Was that sentence grammatical? I don't think so)

Man vs. Man, definitely. They're people. The fact that fairies call humans 'Mud men' implies that fairies are 'something-else men'. It probably would be anyway... I think man vs. man is just between two sentient beings. It needs a better term.

I don't think that they'll fight Artemis and Butler. I think that Eoin might stick to the "don't see yourself in the past or you'll destroy your future" concept.
Though Artemis is going to change the past.
I wonder if it'll change it so that the other books never happened, or so that they are drastically different.
If Artemis has to actually battle himself then it can't not change the books. (Double negative!)

You're forgetting the mind wipe. I think that's Colfer's golden ticket out of whatever mess he makes; he can wreak whatever havoc he wants and then just make the past characters forget the whole thing when he's done, and therefore things can still happen as we've read them. I hope that happens, because what fun will there be if the two Artemis's don't come into direct conflict? I like the idea, too, because it makes the part where Artemis wakes up at the end of TOD a very nice example of dramatic irony ("All his memories were back in place... then again, how would he know?").