Does Anyone Else Get A Bad Feeling About Minerva?

Anything about the Fowl books.
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Does Anyone Else Get A Bad Feeling About Minerva?

Post by Cabaline » Sun 3rd Feb 2008

Wow that post was ages ago but I don't ship A/H or A/M I prefer him single for now. I do ship H/T though.
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

holly s
Troll
Location: I would tell you, but then I'd have another stalker.

Post by holly s » Sat 23rd Feb 2008

Hey, E.C. said that he'd bring back an old villian. Opal came back, it's highly unlikely that she'll come back again. so it has to be Minerva...or...most likely
I like books
Go figure.
I like books.
Yes, yes, we know!
I like books!
We get the picture.
I LIKE BOOKS!!!!
*sighs*
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Star Fruit![br]Get your own at Flyffables!
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls.

Meova

Post by Meova » Sat 1st Mar 2008

TTP He didn't specify which old villain. Artemis was a villain too in the first book. I think it's highly unlikely that Minerva will be the villain *even though it would make a nice plot in my opinion* and, for all that matters, she isn't an old villain, because she never was the villain.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

holly s
Troll

Post by holly s » Thu 6th Mar 2008

Meova wrote:TTP He didn't specify which old villain. Artemis was a villain too in the first book. I think it's highly unlikely that Minerva will be the villain *even though it would make a nice plot in my opinion* and, for all that matters, she isn't an old villain, because she never was the villain.

So you wouldn't call kidnapping Holly being a villain? If Artemis faced his former self (being a villian) He would probably end up hurting himself, or even killing himself.
I like books
Go figure.
I like books.
Yes, yes, we know!
I like books!
We get the picture.
I LIKE BOOKS!!!!
*sighs*

Meova

Post by Meova » Thu 6th Mar 2008

He knows he can't kill himself.
TTP And no, that's not how I call it. I think Abbott, or Billy Cong was a villain. Not Minerva. Technically she didn't really do that much in the book.
ImageImageImageImage

MaeveCrowArtemis1
Council Member

Post by MaeveCrowArtemis1 » Sat 8th Mar 2008

I agree with Meove.She was just a girl that wanted to do something that is worthy.She is a genius and she wanted to be remembered.Before I read a book I thought Minerva is completely different.There was such a fuss about her.I imagined her like a super villain,extremely evil,cruel,annoying,smart and totally Artemis-like.But she is completely different!
Image Image
Blue is the colour,football is the game
we are all together and winning is our aim
so cheer us on through the sun and rain
cause Chelsea,Chelsea is our name

holly s
Troll

Post by holly s » Sat 8th Mar 2008

MaeveCrowArtemis1 wrote:I agree with Meove.She was just a girl that wanted to do something that is worthy.She is a genius and she wanted to be remembered.Before I read a book I thought Minerva is completely different.There was such a fuss about her.I imagined her like a super villain,extremely evil,cruel,annoying,smart and totally Artemis-like.But she is completely different!

Yeah, she was totally different, totally obnoxious!
I like books
Go figure.
I like books.
Yes, yes, we know!
I like books!
We get the picture.
I LIKE BOOKS!!!!
*sighs*

Meova

Post by Meova » Sat 8th Mar 2008

She is not. Look, why do you hate her? Can you give me one good reason for that? Or is it just that she's the one most likely to get Artemis?
ImageImageImageImage

holly s
Troll

Post by holly s » Sun 9th Mar 2008

Meova wrote:She is not. Look, why do you hate her? Can you give me one good reason for that? Or is it just that she's the one most likely to get Artemis?

To answer the first statement, yes, she is obnoxious.
To answer the question I hate her because she is too unrealistic.
You're probably thinking that "Holly is a fairy, isn't that unrealistic?" or "Artemis is really unrealistic too."
But the personalities of the characters Holly and Artemis are so realistic, Minerva, however seems too unrealistic. I also don't like her character because when I'm reading books I often am reminded of how some of the charries relate to the people I know, Minerva doesn't relate to anyone. She's just some annoying smart brat that is there. As for "or is it just that she's the one most likely to get Artemis" I personally think that Arty should stay single.
You can love Minerva for all I care, I'm just going to keep on hating her.
I like books
Go figure.
I like books.
Yes, yes, we know!
I like books!
We get the picture.
I LIKE BOOKS!!!!
*sighs*

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Mon 10th Mar 2008

No more obnoxious than darling Arty was, really. In some ways, she's almost better. And I really don't see how she's any less realistic than Arty is. They're sort of the same type of person; what makes one of them be realistic and one not? I don't understand that. Sure, she's a bit of a brat, but haven't you ever seen anyone like that? Cause I know I have.
I think maybe you should have an open mind about her, not say "I"m just going to keep on hating her"
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

Meova

Post by Meova » Tue 11th Mar 2008

holly s wrote:
Meova wrote:She is not. Look, why do you hate her? Can you give me one good reason for that? Or is it just that she's the one most likely to get Artemis?

You're probably thinking that "Holly is a fairy, isn't that unrealistic?" or "Artemis is really unrealistic too."
But the personalities of the characters Holly and Artemis are so realistic, Minerva, however seems too unrealistic. I also don't like her character because when I'm reading books I often am reminded of how some of the charries relate to the people I know, Minerva doesn't relate to anyone. She's just some annoying smart brat that is there. As for "or is it just that she's the one most likely to get Artemis" I personally think that Arty should stay single.

To answer the first one: No, she is not.
Car is right. Artemis is also unrealistic. There can't be a kid who is that smart, and knows almost anything. It's almost like Omniscience. So in that way, yes, Minerva is unrealistic. But it's a book, honey. Things can be unrealistic.
But maybe you just don't know people like Minerva. I do know people like her, and I don't know anyone like Mulch, for instance. But I don't hate him, or think of reasons why I should hate him, just because I can't relate him to anyone I know. And hey, we all are annoying smart brats at one point in our life. It's fun to be :)
And I prefer A/Me, for obvious reasons, but for the rest, I support A/H.
So there really isn't any way of you changing your mind? Because if that is, you can better stop with this discussion.
ImageImageImageImage

holly s
Troll

Post by holly s » Tue 11th Mar 2008

Meova wrote:
holly s wrote:

To answer the first one: No, she is not.
Car is right. Artemis is also unrealistic. There can't be a kid who is that smart, and knows almost anything. It's almost like Omniscience. So in that way, yes, Minerva is unrealistic. But it's a book, honey. Things can be unrealistic.
But maybe you just don't know people like Minerva. I do know people like her, and I don't know anyone like Mulch, for instance. But I don't hate him, or think of reasons why I should hate him, just because I can't relate him to anyone I know. And hey, we all are annoying smart brats at one point in our life. It's fun to be :)
And I prefer A/Me, for obvious reasons, but for the rest, I support A/H.
So there really isn't any way of you changing your mind? Because if that is, you can better stop with this discussion.

I do know a few people like Minerva. Those people just think they're smart though, and I find them very annoying. Yes, sometimes it's fun to be a little bratty, but I find her more annoying then I've found anybody else. I'm sure you met bratty people like Minerva :D but I'm sure you haven't met someone as smart and annoying as her (even though some might get pretty close :roll: ) I didn't really like how she kidnapped even demons for a prize, then again, she did change somewhat at the end, but not completely. It did take a few books for Arty to change. Sorry, but unless she does change in the 6th book, I don't think I'll ever learn to like her. (I didn't really like Arty too much at first, but I liked him more than Minerva)
And to be open minded can be good, just not so open minded that your brains fall out, like some people I know. :lol:
I also don't know anybody like Mulch, and I don't hate him. But she's evil, and Mulch is good, that's one reason why I like him (there's lots of good people in this world). Sure, we need some evil to balance the good, but that doesn't mean I love evil, I love good, like I can't love Minerva right now, she's just bad. I just can't love evil like some people, I guess.
I like books
Go figure.
I like books.
Yes, yes, we know!
I like books!
We get the picture.
I LIKE BOOKS!!!!
*sighs*

Meova

Post by Meova » Wed 12th Mar 2008

holly s wrote:I do know a few people like Minerva. Those people just think they're smart though, and I find them very annoying. Yes, sometimes it's fun to be a little bratty, but I find her more annoying then I've found anybody else. I'm sure you met bratty people like Minerva :D but I'm sure you haven't met someone as smart and annoying as her (even though some might get pretty close :roll: ) I didn't really like how she kidnapped even demons for a prize, then again, she did change somewhat at the end, but not completely. It did take a few books for Arty to change. Sorry, but unless she does change in the 6th book, I don't think I'll ever learn to like her. (I didn't really like Arty too much at first, but I liked him more than Minerva)
And to be open minded can be good, just not so open minded that your brains fall out, like some people I know. :lol:
I also don't know anybody like Mulch, and I don't hate him. But she's evil, and Mulch is good, that's one reason why I like him (there's lots of good people in this world). Sure, we need some evil to balance the good, but that doesn't mean I love evil, I love good, like I can't love Minerva right now, she's just bad. I just can't love evil like some people, I guess.

Well, mine are smart, and annoying. Even though I don't think Minerva is annoying, they are still like her.
She just did what she thought was right. I mean, Artemis did the same thing in book 1. Okay, maybe not for a prize, but for gold, which is lower than a prize in my opinion. And it's ok if you don't like her, I won't judge you because of that, but you also have to see that she does have good sides.
Am I one of those people?
And Minerva isn't evil. What has she done that deserves the stamp evil? Yeah, she kidnapped a demon. 2, maybe. But she did try to save the world. And she never threatened to kill them, nor did she do like Artemis did with Holly.
ImageImageImageImage

holly s
Troll

Post by holly s » Wed 12th Mar 2008

Sure, she's not entirely evil, (I'll admit to that, people can change like Arty did) I just think that she's annoyingly smart, beautiful and unrealistic, and I just don't like her. I would forgive her for kidnapping demons and fairies if she did change in the 6th book, but I don't think that's going to happen. "She just did what she thought was right" I honestly don't think she has a conscience if she thinks that what she did was right. And Artemis felt bad about Holly, I don't think that Minerva felt bad.
Last edited by holly s on Wed 12th Mar 2008, edited 1 time in total.
I like books
Go figure.
I like books.
Yes, yes, we know!
I like books!
We get the picture.
I LIKE BOOKS!!!!
*sighs*

Meova

Post by Meova » Wed 12th Mar 2008

Maybe she will, maybe she won't. I think she will.
ImageImageImageImage