Artemis loves Minerva

Anything about the Fowl books.
The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Re: Artemis loves Minerva

Post by The III Prodigy » Tue 24th Jul 2007

1hollyfan wrote:MG, you are a guy right. it would be sorta sick for a girl to be healous of arty beacuse of minnie. he said that arty ws attractive a couple of times talking about minnie.

Huh? Whaddaya mean by attractive? Who's 'he'? I don't get it...could you rephrase your last sentence?

M-G, y'know, he would be skinny, but not healthy. He'd be like...weeny. Like frail, with no exercise, right? Y'know, I bet if we turned Arty into a girl, he'd be much more like Minerva, and would be considered a Mary Sue. Honestly, what's the difference? Fangirls seem to overlook guys that are too perfect. They think only blonde guys with totally ot smiles but no brains are Gary Stus. But really, Artemis is more perfect. He's too smart, too rich, etc. His only drawbacks are his exercise regimes, etc.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
These avatars were from the AFC website!

My homepages: deviantART or FanFiction.net

cathrel
Troll

Post by cathrel » Tue 24th Jul 2007

Modest-Genius wrote:
veelagirl wrote:i didnt actually hear that myself but it just springs to everyones mind that coz hes kl, he must be attractive

He's cool so he's attractive? I have always thought Artemis to look a bit indifferent to be honest. If he as attractive he'd have girls lining up at the gate to ask a rich handome lad out. I always thought he wasn't unattractive, just a bit plain.

OMG! you are right! i've never thought of that before!

yeah... rich + handsome = lots of girls outside their manor

*nods*

but i've always pictured arty not so good looking just normal but NOT unattractive just .. um... cute... hihihi....

maybe that's why no girls like him coz he always explains stuffs like for example..

(this is what i think arty will be like if he's in our school)

me: OMG! its so hot in here!

Arty pops out of nowhere.

Arty: its because of global warming.. you see... if blah.. blah.. blah...

After 15 mins...

me: can 't you pls save your lecture for later? i really need to pee now..

Arty: Ah! you want to urinate you mean! you want to urinate coz your urinary bladder is full so you need to blah blah blah.....

to make it short.. ARTY IS SOO BORING TO BE WITH! ADMIT IT GUYS!

veelagirl
Centaur Genius

Post by veelagirl » Tue 24th Jul 2007

true... unless hes onto something that could forward ur relationship lol :D
hello. my name is veelagirl.

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Tue 24th Jul 2007

Oooh cathrel, I like your siggy. Light is so awesome. *ahem*

On topic. I doubt he'd be boring. It really depends what you like. If you're interested in sports etc, I doubt you'd find Arty your type of guy. But if intelligence attracts you (coughmecough), then you'd enjoy his lectures and stuff. Personally, I wouldn't choose Arty, even if I'm completely...stricken by him. He intimidates me, I think I would be scared out of my wits. Draco Malfoy is better, at least he's a bit wimpy and you know...imperfect. Arty as a girl would be too much of a Mary Sue, I reckon. Minus the looks part.

Dr. Po is correct. He needs to learn some respect y'know. Not for like, those 'dude, whaddup man!' type of people, but for general adults too.

But just a sidenote, I reckon Artemis only respects people who are smarter than him, and him being smartest out of everyone, he doesn't respect anyone, geddit?

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Wed 25th Jul 2007

The III Prodigy wrote:Oooh cathrel, I like your siggy. Light is so awesome. *ahem*

On topic. I doubt he'd be boring. It really depends what you like. If you're interested in sports etc, I doubt you'd find Arty your type of guy. But if intelligence attracts you (coughmecough), then you'd enjoy his lectures and stuff. Personally, I wouldn't choose Arty, even if I'm completely...stricken by him. He intimidates me, I think I would be scared out of my wits. Draco Malfoy is better, at least he's a bit wimpy and you know...imperfect. Arty as a girl would be too much of a Mary Sue, I reckon. Minus the looks part.

Dr. Po is correct. He needs to learn some respect y'know. Not for like, those 'dude, whaddup man!' type of people, but for general adults too.

But just a sidenote, I reckon Artemis only respects people who are smarter than him, and him being smartest out of everyone, he doesn't respect anyone, geddit?

y'no, im that way too. i need some respect, but i also want somone tthats as smart or smarter than me. being modest, thats hard to find. i mean, all the cute guys i ever talk to are sooo dumb and immature. i mean, is ok to be funny and like to joke, but i hate guys who cant stop being immature. if arty had more respect, like in the later books, id think id like him.
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

00Darkangel00
Gnome

Post by 00Darkangel00 » Wed 25th Jul 2007

Trust me. I am NOT jealous of Minerva. Anyone else, but not her. Shes a flippin brat for god sakes. I just hate her cause shes a distraction from the real best female charcter- Holly.

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Wed 25th Jul 2007

00Darkangel00 wrote:Trust me. I am NOT jealous of Minerva. Anyone else, but not her. Shes a flippin brat for god sakes. I just hate her cause shes a distraction from the real best female charcter- Holly.

You do know that that's just a personal opinion, right? Others may think differently. And Minerva's not REPLACING Holly! She's just another character! A love interest! Holly's got Trouble, end of story. Holly's the female heroine, whilst Minerva is a genius and Arty's friend in the future or whatever. They're completely different. Minerva's more like Artemis, not the Gryffindor-ish Holly!

00Darkangel00
Gnome

Post by 00Darkangel00 » Fri 27th Jul 2007

Hollys got Trouble? Now THAT sounds like a personal opinion to me. And i was just referring to the first post she had on this topic. He/She made it sound like the only reason people hate Minerva, who are mostly girls, are jealous cause Artemis has intrest in her

Modest-Genius
Troll

Post by Modest-Genius » Fri 27th Jul 2007

00Darkangel00 wrote:Hollys got Trouble? Now THAT sounds like a personal opinion to me. And i was just referring to the first post she had on this topic. He/She made it sound like the only reason people hate Minerva, who are mostly girls, are jealous cause Artemis has intrest in her

Yeah because a female calling somone a brat while they'res a rich inteligent (aleit fictional) boy in the eye of the storm has nothing to do with jealousy. 8)

And Holly/Trouble is not a personal opinion. Sure it makes sense because they're the same species (Art/Min) they have interests in the same thing (Arty/Min) and are about the same age (Art/Min). But the reason why it's not a personal opinion is because it comes from the man him self Eion Colfer.

veelagirl
Centaur Genius

Post by veelagirl » Sun 29th Jul 2007

can i just say something.. just because artemis has an obvious crush on minerva DOES NOT mean he loves her. hes a teenager! its not like theyre going to get married! he will meet someone else. besides, NO ONE ends up marrying their first boy/girl friend. but just to express it again, artemis LIKES minerva, that DOES NOT mean he LOVES her.
hello. my name is veelagirl.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sun 29th Jul 2007

i suppose that arty doesnt have to love her. he definately wont marry her(or will he?) i mean, i thought i was gonna marry my crush in KINDEGARTEN, for goodness sakes.
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

_Lenore_
Dwarf Thief
Location: Not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Post by _Lenore_ » Mon 30th Jul 2007

Well, I've never actually hated Minerva, but I only ship AF/MP because it's canon - Eoin Colfer obviously put Minerva there at the same time Artemis started puberty for a reason. Of course, the relationship shouldn't be rushed; I expect that they would become close friends in the next book, and closer towards the end, but maybe not to the point where they're confessing their undying love for each other.
It's just so easy to romanticize Artemis, he should really get a life and get a girl. At least, that was my opinion once I'd finished the first book, and still is my opinion now. :P

No really, Arty. Get a life. :D
ImageImageImage
"I have CDO... It's like OCD, only I put the letters in alphabetical order." - my mom

Modest-Genius
Troll

Post by Modest-Genius » Mon 30th Jul 2007

veelagirl wrote: NO ONE ends up marrying their first boy/girl friend

Shane McMahon proffesional wrestler/promoter and son of Vince McMahon owner of the WWE married his High School sweetheart and one and only girl friend. I'm sure they're are millions of other examples but thats one of the few I know.

(OCC: LOL _Lenore_ at Artemis getting a life)

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Tue 31st Jul 2007

my cousins boyfriends dad is a WWE pro wrestler. sorry, off topic. i think arty will definately be crushing on minnie next book, because it wouldnt make sense for him to bring in another character for no good reason.
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Modest-Genius
Troll

Post by Modest-Genius » Tue 31st Jul 2007

1hollyfan wrote:my cousins boyfriends dad is a WWE pro wrestler. sorry, off topic. i think arty will definately be crushing on minnie next book, because it wouldnt make sense for him to bring in another character for no good reason.

I aplogize for the off topic but you happen to know his name?