Artemis only grow two years in five book?

Anything about the Fowl books.
Artemis_Yanez
Dwarf Miner

Re: Artemis only grow two years in five book?

Post by Artemis_Yanez » Thu 2nd Aug 2007

I think what Colfer is doing with his age is building up to when Artemis is an adult, and who knows one day the twins might have be phyiscally more gifted than he is. It also a very strange idea but it works to keep arty young.
"Its my father's name" said Artemis Wearily having explained this hundred times "It can either be a girls or boys name, and means the hunter Rather apt don't you think?"

https://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/181/

Arty's lil girl
Dwarf Miner
Location: Waiting 4 the vampires, child prodigies, winged creatures, people cursed 2 becum animals,and wizards

Post by Arty's lil girl » Thu 2nd Aug 2007

yeah I agree. I mean it would make sense that the twins would be smarter unless they got their mother's intelligence

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Fri 3rd Aug 2007

yeah, it would definately make more sense if they were physically but not mentally gifted. or maybe they would be pretty smart and athletic?
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

_Lenore_
Dwarf Thief
Location: Not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Post by _Lenore_ » Sun 5th Aug 2007

^Haha, I agree. :P

But didn't it say that three years had passed? Or maybe I need to read it again more carefully, to see what time of year it is? It's before his birthday, right? :?

Oh yeah, and about his birthday... when he enters that code in the end of TLC, it says he typed 01-09. My mom says that they do something different with the dates in Europe. Was he born January ninth or September first?
I was born in September. Go Virgos! :lol:
ImageImageImage
"I have CDO... It's like OCD, only I put the letters in alphabetical order." - my mom

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Fri 10th Aug 2007

i was born in january. go aquarius!!!! anyway... there is a great forum for that.
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Fri 10th Aug 2007

i really what to know what is arty's birthday? January ninth or September first?
And that do you notice that in all five books ,the stories are within few days ,so quick,but very detail! :D
ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL

Artemis_Yanez
Dwarf Miner

Post by Artemis_Yanez » Fri 10th Aug 2007

wow, that defintley seems like a puzzled that needs to be solved! I am hoping he is born in Jan, because I am also an Aquarius, and that would be cool.
"Its my father's name" said Artemis Wearily having explained this hundred times "It can either be a girls or boys name, and means the hunter Rather apt don't you think?"

https://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/181/

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Fri 10th Aug 2007

As Hollyfanner said, there's another topic in here for discussing that somewhere in here- you can use the search tool in the top right corner of the screen to find it. Anyway, his birthday is September 1.

The thing I was hust thinking about, was that it may actually have been a bit more or less than three years, if Foaly was rounding. For example, if it had been three years and nine months- closer to four years- he minght still have said three to soften the blow. Or maybe it's two years and nine months, and he rounded up. Or it could be three years to the day, but that seems unlikely to me.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sat 11th Aug 2007

hmmmm... thatis really something to consider. it didnt have to be three years.... it couldve been four, as MMK said. or he couldve been trying to remember how long they had been gone and he just said three years. well find out.
I'm Normally Paranormal.