Is Holly a left-hander?

Anything about the Fowl books.
Artemis_Yanez
Dwarf Miner

Re: Is Holly a left-hander?

Post by Artemis_Yanez » Wed 1st Aug 2007

My answer is yes because I say so!
"Its my father's name" said Artemis Wearily having explained this hundred times "It can either be a girls or boys name, and means the hunter Rather apt don't you think?"

https://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/181/

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Wed 1st Aug 2007

Are fairy's even Left-handed or right-handed?
They are a whole different species(sp????) so they might all be left-handers OR right-handers OR that big posh word that everyone is using and I can't spell but means uses both hands!

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Wed 1st Aug 2007

Are fairy's even Left-handed or right-handed?
They are a whole different species(sp????) so they might all be left-handers OR right-handers OR that big posh word that everyone is using and I can't spell but means uses both hands!

Arty's lil girl
Dwarf Miner
Location: Waiting 4 the vampires, child prodigies, winged creatures, people cursed 2 becum animals,and wizards

Post by Arty's lil girl » Wed 1st Aug 2007

I personally thought that Holly was amadextrioius

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Re: is holly a left hander?

Post by 1hollyfan » Fri 3rd Aug 2007

julius123 wrote:it's always a possibility that she's a left-hander.
this may sound strange, but I heard left-handers are more creative and curious.
I'm left-handed and i'm pretty creative. example:I mixed grape juice and root beer together to see how it tastes. it tastes like grape pop by the way, duh!
also, I made my own sport, it's called strock. it's sort of like hockey and shuffle board put together.
and i'm pretty smart too, at least smarter than everyone else in my class, but that's no challenge, everyone in my class is an ideot!
well, back to the point, it's possible that Holly is a left hander, and if she is, she must be glad she lost her eye, and not her left hand in the time portal(page 365, 5th book).

u sound alot like me. my mom started homeschooling me becuase i was smarter than most of my teachers. living in the southern US that isnt too hard. not that im insulting teachers in the south. i am very creative and i love writing and drawing. but im a rightie. i dont think being a leftie has anything to do with being smart and creative. if everyone who used their right hands was logical and calm, that would be something. i think it just has to do with the fact that eoin is left handed. we can discuss it all we want, tho.
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

_Lenore_
Dwarf Thief
Location: Not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Post by _Lenore_ » Fri 3rd Aug 2007

Eoin Colfer... is a leftie? o.O Well, I'm feeling mighty stupid right now. :duh:
:P
But I think lefties are cool. I dunno why, it's just that I always thought there were more lefties than righties, and I've got this tendency to try to separate myself as much as possible from other people (plain and simple, I try to be weird), and... well, lefties are really cool. My mom's one, and my uncle, and one of my best friends.

I'm a rightie, but I'm steadier with my left hand than some people who are righties too. On my computer, I switch the mouse over to my left hand, don't know why, it's just easier like that. :)
I think that ambidextrous people are WAY cooler than lefties! Again, I don't know why! It's just awesome! Go Artemis! 8)

Did you read The Carnivorous Carnival in A Series of Unfortunate Events? Book the ninth? There was a guy in there who was put in a freak show because he was ambidextrous. D00d!! :o :?
ImageImageImage
"I have CDO... It's like OCD, only I put the letters in alphabetical order." - my mom

Artemis_Yanez
Dwarf Miner

Post by Artemis_Yanez » Fri 3rd Aug 2007

Im left handed for real but i scoop popcorn with my right hand and use the mouse on my right hand, but for most of the time I am full time leftie. I felt like I had to adjust in a world made for a right handed person.
"Its my father's name" said Artemis Wearily having explained this hundred times "It can either be a girls or boys name, and means the hunter Rather apt don't you think?"

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sat 4th Aug 2007

lol i would love to be abidextrous... then i wouldnt have a huge callus on my rite hand (i write ALOT). i have a really WEIRD writing habit. instead of doing like MOST people do (i love being different too. me and my friend kizzie are trying to be goths for a short while. but we cant stop smiling when we look at each other.), i rest my pencil on my pinkie, not my middle finger. i have a HUGE callus on my pinkie from where it rubs. weird, i no, but cool. i think it helps me have neat handwriting. i have neat handwriting. i no... im gettin off subject. i just thought that i shoul mention that, talking about writing and all. i think holly IS left handed. i never really thought about it.
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

Artemis_Yanez
Dwarf Miner

Post by Artemis_Yanez » Sat 4th Aug 2007

wow very interesting! Writing using your pinky i never heard of that before.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Thu 9th Aug 2007

my mom calls it wrong. but i say its cool. and i have good handwriting. she has noting to complain bout
I'm Normally Paranormal.

marie_svenson,sith
Mud-Man

Post by marie_svenson,sith » Sun 19th Aug 2007

If Colfer's a leftie, it makes sense Holly is too, esp. with the evidence. I'm a leftie and I make a lot of my characters left-handed, even if I don't tell anyone. I'm actually a very right-brained leftie. But... okay, I just forgot what I was going to say. oh well. Bye!
You know you have issues if you can name every song on an entirely instrumental soundtrack... when it's on shuffle!

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Mon 20th Aug 2007

and artemis is lefthanded/ ambidextrous, so it says in OD. butler i recall is also lefthanded (correct me if im wrong). i cant remember where or when i read it or even what book it is in, but i think he wrote that butler was lefthanded. i think its just EC 8)
I'm Normally Paranormal.

LEP
Troll

Post by LEP » Fri 14th Sep 2007

I know Holly is really a leftie because in TAI he really say so (forgot which chapter,after the healing for her finger). But I didn't notice Arty and Butler's.
ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL

Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by Cabaline » Wed 17th Oct 2007

I dont want to sound pessimistic or anything but does it really matter if she is a leftie or not?

But then again it is something to talk about when you get bored.

I sound so negative Im actually good fun honest! :jump:
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Thu 18th Oct 2007

Lol, you'll notice after a while of being on FG that we Artemis Fowl superfans talk about pointless things that don't matter. Not that they aren't fun to talk about.... :D
I'm Normally Paranormal.