Least favourite pairing

Anything about the Artemis Fowl books.
Vinyáya rocks
Dwarf Miner
Location: Haven, in the LEP headquarters (just kidding Italy^^)

Post by Vinyáya rocks » Thu 19th Apr 2007

Sorry I can't agree with you, but A/H is better as lovers than friends. Their differences make the whole thing more, more interesting. However, I'm not a huge A/H fan (I also ship Holly/Trouble and I don't mind Holly/Chix...). And then I'll never stop saying that A/M is awful... :evil:

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Thu 19th Apr 2007

I just want to know WHY though. Why people hate A/M so much???

And sorry, I prefer A/H as friends. I can't imagine a 99cm person with all the complications. Also, Holly will like, never understand Artemis's lectures at all. And she might even bring out the good side of him...which I don't really want.

But I really do support H/T though. I'm fine with H/C, but I'd prefer Chix/Lili Frond. Both are ditzy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
These avatars were from the AFC website!

My homepages: deviantART or FanFiction.net

Vinyáya rocks
Dwarf Miner

I don't like Minerva 'cause she's totally out of place in the series. The big genius in the story is Arty, and there're also Foaly and Opal. Nobody needs another super genius again...however, I'm just reading The Lost Colony and I really hope I could change my mind about her... the main problem of A/M is that they have very similar personality, and I don't like this...

About Lili/Chix I don't mind them, but the best guy for Lili is Grub, ever...

Vinyáya rocks
Dwarf Miner

I've forgotten one important thing: I totally agree with you about the evil Arty: yeah, he's by far the best...I jusi can't image him as a kind-hearted... if Minnie was a semi-decent character it would be nice to see them planning to steal all the fairy gold... :wink:

TheBeastisWatchin
Dwarf Miner

Post by TheBeastisWatchin » Thu 19th Apr 2007

WHERS ARE THE SLAH PAINTING I WANT OT SEE NONE EVER TOLD ME :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:
With a roar, Butler charged the entrence, concentrating all of his considerable might in the triangular point of his shoulder. It was a blow that would have felled a medium sized hippoptamus. And while this door was tested plasma dispersion and moderate phisical resistance, it was ceraintaly not Butler-proof. The metal crumpled like tinfoil
GO BUTLER!!

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Thu 19th Apr 2007

TheBeastisWatchin wrote:WHERS ARE THE SLAH PAINTING I WANT OT SEE NONE EVER TOLD ME :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

I'm afraid that I don't know what you are talking about.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Minerva Scriptor
Dwarf Miner

Post by Minerva Scriptor » Fri 20th Apr 2007

Personally, I don't like any of the pairings. If Artemis Fowl goes all romantic and sentimental, I may as well start reading all of those ridiculous books my friends are forever reading!
Not that there is anything wrong with a little bit of romance, but please, please not very much!
I really would prefer Artemis a an evil genius!
The World is Quiet Here

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Fri 20th Apr 2007

TheBeastisWatchin wrote:WHERS ARE THE SLAH PAINTING I WANT OT SEE NONE EVER TOLD ME :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

I think you mean 'slash' pairings? Anyway, there are no slash pairings in the books as of now, people are just discussing the possibility.

Minerva Scriptor, I mainly agree with you.

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Fri 20th Apr 2007

Vinyáya rocks:
I sorta agree. I mean, Colfer didn't describe Minerva's character too well did he? She's sorta foggy right now...and I do hope you'll change your mind about her.

And about A/M and similar personalities, I would prefer it if they were a bit more different, but not to take Minerva's genius away. I mean, I would like it if she wasn't super genius like Arty, like maybe if her intelligence could be lower than Arty's but alot higher than average, then that would be cool.

Aw yeah, I forgot Grub!!! But Lili and Chix both have super high egos no? Teehee, that could be the next love triangle!

Arty and Minnie could plan that and stuff...dunno. I would prefer it if Arty was like in TEC, like he was evil, yes, but he made people like Spiro go out of business, people who do bad stuff. But he's still not like, Robin Hood, I mean, he tooks 10% of the money or something into his bank account right? I like that mixture sorta type, leaning more on the evil side though ;)

Minerva Scriptor:
I agree with all romantic and sentimental. I only want a hint of romance, not full on snogging. I mean, Colfer could hint some chemistry for like, fan fictions at the end of the series.

TheBeastisWatchin
Dwarf Miner

Post by TheBeastisWatchin » Fri 20th Apr 2007

ohhhhhh then in that case nm :D
With a roar, Butler charged the entrence, concentrating all of his considerable might in the triangular point of his shoulder. It was a blow that would have felled a medium sized hippoptamus. And while this door was tested plasma dispersion and moderate phisical resistance, it was ceraintaly not Butler-proof. The metal crumpled like tinfoil
GO BUTLER!!

Minerva Scriptor
Dwarf Miner

Post by Minerva Scriptor » Mon 23rd Apr 2007

I think I would like the Minerva-Artemis pairing better if Minerva were a different sort of genius than Artemis. I mean, Artemis is the 'High IQ' sort of genius but many artistic genii get really low IQ scores and are still genii. I think it would be better if Minerva were something like that. You don't have to get a high IQ score to be a genius.
The World is Quiet Here

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Mon 23rd Apr 2007

Hm...but then Minerva wouldn't've been able to solve the temporial equations etc. I reckon she already is. I mean, she's got that doctorate or whatever now after the Time Warp, and she was studying for all that weird degrees under a different name right?

And Arty is a genius in the criminal ways I guess. And overall too actually, since he can fake arts and stuff. Minerva is just like, half or less of Arty.

BlackOpal

Post by BlackOpal » Mon 23rd Apr 2007

Vinyáya rocks wrote:I don't like Minerva 'cause she's totally out of place in the series. The big genius in the story is Arty, and there're also Foaly and Opal. Nobody needs another super genius again...however, I'm just reading The Lost Colony and I really hope I could change my mind about her... the main problem of A/M is that they have very similar personality, and I don't like this...

About Lili/Chix I don't mind them, but the best guy for Lili is Grub, ever...

I love the Lili/Grub pairing! Adorable!

I hate saying a least favourite pairing, because even though it is fiction, I cannot say that two people can't be together.
If I did have to pick one, I'd pick Artemis/Butler. I don't understand where people got romance from their father/son like actions. I just don't understand!

I don't think that Artemis would really understand an artistic genius. Maybe a writer, but an artist or a musician, I don't think he'd really get. A writer he would, or a literary scholar at least.
For a type of genius, I think Minerva is the best you're going to get to suit Artemis.

LEP's 007
Mud-Man

Post by LEP's 007 » Tue 24th Apr 2007

Least favorite? Hm, I'd have to go with Artemis/Butler (strictly fatherly/son bond), although there have been quite a few excellent fanfics written about them. Other than that......um, Mulch and Juliet XD.

BlackOpal

Post by BlackOpal » Tue 24th Apr 2007

LEP's 007 wrote:Least favorite? Hm, I'd have to go with Artemis/Butler (strictly fatherly/son bond), although there have been quite a few excellent fanfics written about them. Other than that......um, Mulch and Juliet XD.

There's excellent fanfics about every pairing if you look hard enough. I've never seen a Mulch/Juliet though. It never even occurred to me.