Artemis's Memories

Anything about the Fowl books.
Lufgif
Centaur Genius

Post by Lufgif » Sat 24th Feb 2007

Precisely my point. Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. The fairies can't control him through doublethink unless Artemis makes some effort as well.

TomRK1089
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by TomRK1089 » Sat 24th Feb 2007

Oh, of course. They'd need some sort of impenetrable subconscious suggestion to think that the whole idea was a load of bollocks.

LEP
Troll

Foaly was not that clever......for once (TEC spoiler)

Post by LEP » Wed 15th Aug 2007

The LEP mind wipe Artmis and Butler and Juliet at the end of TEC, and Holly mesmer Artemis to ask him had he hide anything to trigger his memory. Then, when Foaly mind wipe them,their life write out in words on screen, so why don't Foaly just read what Arty did? :D
ONE CAN MAKE A SMILE SO BEAUTIFUL

Artemis_Yanez
Dwarf Miner

Re: Foaly was not that clever......for once (TEC spoiler)

Post by Artemis_Yanez » Thu 16th Aug 2007

because Foaly forgot for one moment who he was dealing with.
"Its my father's name" said Artemis Wearily having explained this hundred times "It can either be a girls or boys name, and means the hunter Rather apt don't you think?"

https://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/181/

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Re: Artemis's Memories

Post by MMK » Thu 16th Aug 2007

I merged these topics because I think they're really similar...

I really don't get why Foaly didn't read them either. Unless he just never got those few weeks off...

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Thu 16th Aug 2007

foaly has to read artys memories. it would make for some really funny comments. but it would take a huge chunk out of the book. they should make a side story. but then artemis would be so predictable, t wouldnt surprise us or please us. arty wouldnt be so... mysterious. i think it was just a comment that EC made up to create some filler. but hey, thats just my opinion. :)
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

Artemis_Yanez
Dwarf Miner

Post by Artemis_Yanez » Fri 17th Aug 2007

I think Foaly believe it or not has actually started to like Artemis and didnt want to pry too deep.
"Its my father's name" said Artemis Wearily having explained this hundred times "It can either be a girls or boys name, and means the hunter Rather apt don't you think?"

https://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/181/

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Mon 20th Aug 2007

good pont. i agrre.
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Tue 21st Aug 2007

Foaly? Not be nosy and pry to deep? He looks too deeply into everyone's business, whether he likes them or not. And I think he definitely likes and admires Artemis.

By the way, hollyfan, posting just to say 'I agree' without anything else is Spam. Try adding why you afree, or adding on to the idea/conversation in some way.

veelagirl
Centaur Genius

Post by veelagirl » Fri 24th Aug 2007

of course he admires artemis. that doesnt stop him being jealous. and hey, loads of ppl put 'i agree' as a post. at least this time i put 'i agree' instread of 'i agrre' and 'i afree'. haha. im the only one who can spell it. that makes me happy. :D
hello. my name is veelagirl.

Modest-Genius
Troll

Post by Modest-Genius » Sun 26th Aug 2007

veelagirl wrote:of course he admires artemis. that doesnt stop him being jealous. and hey, loads of ppl put 'i agree' as a post. at least this time i put 'i agree' instread of 'i agrre' and 'i afree'. haha. im the only one who can spell it. that makes me happy. :D

I don't think Foaly admired Artemis. He is very impressed that a mud person could be as intelligent as Artemis is, especially at his age; but frankly not many people impress that guy. I think it was quoted once that he was impressed with Opal, but it is obviously shown that he is not impressed with other smart people like Argon.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Sun 26th Aug 2007

You can't compare Argon with Artemis- there's a HUGE difference. Argon is what Artemis would call 'a do-gooder with a degree'. He's smart, but no genius. Wasn't he the one who said Artemis wouldn't regress after being mind-wiped?

Perhaps saying that Foaly admires Artemis is a stretch- though I think he does, just would never admit it- but he definitely is greatly impressed.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Mon 3rd Sep 2007

we really are arguing anout nothing. i do admit that foaly is greatly impressed, but admiring would be a stretch. artemis can figure things out that even foaly cants. im out. g2g
I'm Normally Paranormal.