Go On Here If You Love Arty

Anything about the Fowl books.
Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Mon 15th Jan 2007

no but he has to be hot. or cute or yummy or any other lind of word meaning attractive

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Mon 15th Jan 2007

I don't want him to be attractive. I wouldn't like him as much, then.

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

MMK wrote: I don't want him to be attractive. I wouldn't like him as much, then.

not attractive arty will alwase :wub: be attractive as long as he can pull his smile

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

That's true. :)

I just don't want him to be attractive in the way that most teenagers consider attractive. He's supposed to look rather pathetic, but he's not because he's mentally superior. The most important thing is for him to look evil.

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

MMK wrote: That's true. :)

I just don't want him to be attractive in the way that most teenagers consider attractive. He's supposed to look rather pathetic, but he's not because he's mentally superior. The most important thing is for him to look evil.

yeah. he cant be fit. (cant believe i just said that)

petitebrunette
LEPrecon Officer

Post by petitebrunette » Mon 15th Jan 2007

ok hold on
why would you say he is suppose to look rather pathetic? Just becouse one isnt physically fit doesnt mean one looks pathetic. You can look good but yet not be physically fit.

"I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies."

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

I never said anything about him being physically fit, just pathetic. I think that the pathetic quality was an impression I got over the course of the series. Still, I think he would be best that way. But like Isaid, it's the evilness that's most important.

petitebrunette
LEPrecon Officer

i guess we just got diffrent impressions of him. I didnt get the impression of pathetic at all, more of impressive. Someone that leaves an impression, that looks grand. I can't see artemis ever letting himself look pathetic.

"I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies."

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

I think he would look pathetic if he weren't so smart. I never thought of him as mpressive (well, not before he starts talking). It's interesting that you see him that way... I suppose everyone would have their own perspective.

petitebrunette
LEPrecon Officer

i guess since we all have are own perspectives we would have talk to Eion to know the real artemis. Only he knows what Artemis is suppose to look like. Wonder what the movie will throw at us?

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Whatever your perspective for the book, I dont want him attractive in the movie because then all of the people who watch the movie without reading the book will obsess over that and completely miss the point. Well, that's not really why. I just... I don't want anything to distract from his intelligence. That's the big thing.

petitebrunette
LEPrecon Officer

I dont mind if he is attractive but they have to emphasive on his intelligence. They need to show how smart he is.

minervaparadizo
LEPrecon Officer

Post by minervaparadizo » Tue 16th Jan 2007

I think he should look like he's not a runner or athlet, but he should look like he knows how to kep himself healthy. He is slender, but he isn't an athlete, so he must have a sensible diet or something like that
Minerva seperated the fingers on her right hand into a W
'Whatever.'
Minerva, The Lost Colony

"What's that suposed to mean. A wolfs head on a stick Big wolf barbeque tonight. Bring your own wolf."
No 1. The Lost Colony

"Was Holly still clinging there, or was he alone now? for the first time in his life, truly alone. 'Fowl, open the door you pasty faced mud weasel!' Ah well, not alone then"
Artemis, The Artic Incident

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Tue 16th Jan 2007

:wub: arty :wub:

i see him as some1 who would b in a room and look out of place untill he starts talking not pathtic but seems to the eye powerless

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Tue 16th Jan 2007

minervaparadizo wrote: I think he should look like he's not a runner or athlet, but he should look like he knows how to kep himself healthy. He is slender, but he isn't an athlete, so he must have a sensible diet or something like that

I always thought of him (and this is purely speculation) as having a very fast metabolism, and that is why he is thin. That' just always how I think of it.

And I agree with M_P, mostly. Although in some cases, powerless=pathetic.