Favorite Book?

Anything about the Artemis Fowl books.
Artemis Lore
LEP Commander

Re: Favorite Book?

Post by Artemis Lore » Sat 25th Apr 2009

I like the first one or maybe the sixth one the best. I love evil Artemis.
Let go of the fears to which you cling,
and in the dark you'll hear them sing...

Dragons

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Sat 11th Jul 2009

Probably TOD, for me....well I really don't have a fav...
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project

kbutler
Mud-Man

Post by kbutler » Fri 17th Jul 2009

I think if I had all of the books in one huge stack, I'd pick up Lost Colony first.
Simply because I think there are more Butler scenes in that one book than the others.

To be frank, I think that I like enjoying Artemis Fowl Series as a whole instead of a contemplation. I really couldn't choose because each book is like a chapter of a huge story, right? But again, my favorite should be Lost Colony because we get to see Butler with lots of hair.

Haha.

artemisfowlrocks
Gnome

Post by artemisfowlrocks » Sat 1st Aug 2009

time paradox would be my first choice or arctic incident because artemis changes

i really cant choose because i like them all

Harry Blue5
Troll

Post by Harry Blue5 » Sun 2nd Aug 2009

I like them all, but if I had too chose one it would be the Opal Deception. If not that the Artic Incident.
"I liked you better asleep, my head hurt less"
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

<3PEXnCHIPS
LEPrecon Officer

Post by <3PEXnCHIPS » Sun 2nd Aug 2009

I think mine would be The Eternity Code. I thought that one was really good, but there was a lot of different things going on at once. Don't ask me what that means. I'm not sure.

Ohansahyosheli
Dwarf Thief

Post by Ohansahyosheli » Wed 2nd Sep 2009

opal Deception. By a long shot.
..Accept The Time Paradox. That one is second best.
[✯♫♪Prepare yourself to meet] [The girl who cannot sleep] [Dividing every question till the questions are complete] [Every twisted tongue] [She studies everyone] [She won't leave any stone unturned] [The night is oh so young♪♫✯]

Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Visorak16 » Wed 9th Sep 2009

The first one. The others are good, but Artemis was a great bad guy.
Visorak16 is proud to present All or Nothing My Book!

Ally Kat
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Ally Kat » Wed 9th Sep 2009

If I had to make a list of which books were my favorite and why, here's how it would go.
1. The Opal Deception.
Why? Because I loved how Artemis wasn't completly heartless but he was still more criminal-ish then in the book after. I also liked it because it had so much drama and angst and it is probably the closest I will ever get to a teen novel untill I turn 13.
2. Artemis Fowl, definitely.
Why? Because Artemis is still that bad@$$ criminal we know and love and it's what got me hooked! I also liked it when Arty showed some emotion, like in the scenes with his mum. And of curse, Julius Root was still alive!
3. The Arctic Incident.
Why? Because we save Artemis Sr.! And Arty admits he made a mistake! It was also my number 3 because it was the last book Julius Root was ever alive in where he played a major major role, as long as you don't count Artemis Fowl Files.
4. The Time Paradox.
Why? We see Artemis as his old bad@$$ self again(even if it is just with Arty of the past)! Then Opal comes back and Artemis from our time crosses over a little bit ore into the bad side again! It was AMAZING! And we can't forget 'The Kiss'.
5. The Eternity Code.
Why? Artemis was still more or less evil and we saw some hints of something more then friends from Holly. Foaly also played a major part which I was very happy about. And of course it had my fave scene in the entire series! "Goodbye Domovoi."
6. The Lost Colony.
Why? Well... Artemis is a goody two shoes and our only hope for a new evil child genius turns good by the end of the book. I was happy about No1 coming into play though. It was also one of the funnier books in the series and if I had to pick which one had the most funny quotes, it would be this one.
7. Artemis Fowl Files.
Why does it deserve my last place ranking? It was useful, true. Root was there, yes. We saw some more of Mulch, yeah. But was it overall good? Honestly, not really. I admit the quiz was fun and the stories entertaining, but what other good parts does it have? Nothing I can really consider an all out good thing to bump it up higher in my rankings. I'm sorry AFF, you just weren't that good to me.

And that's my list of my fave book and why they deserve their rankings to me. I know some of you might not agree with me, but I couldn't care less. You can't change my mind. And please note I did put in good points for them all, just not bad points for them all. :P

I’m not calling for a second chance,
I’m screaming at the top of my voice.
Give me reason, but don’t give me choice,
Because I’ll just make the same mistake again.

cookieninja
LEP Commander

Post by cookieninja » Thu 24th Sep 2009

well to go in order.....
1. Opal Deception....I like mind wiped Artemis. Plus I just like the book.
2. Time Paradox- I own this one and I just like to see 10 year old evil arty.
3. Artemis Fowl- Of course. I think this one is just good because it's fun when Arty's evil.
4. Eternity Code- I just like it because Juliet is also awesome.
5. Arctic incident- I don't know why it's 5 but it's still pretty awesome because I think Opal Koboi is well....sorry to repeat a word so much awesome cool.
6. Lost Colony- I son't really like how they introduced a new speices in so late. MINERVA. It's weird when Holly isn't in the Lep. MINERVA. Also I don't have a third. Oh ya MINERVA
The best comedy around. Monty Python. Please, don't hesitate to look them up.
++++++++++
Number One Rule of the World wrote:Something goes wrong? Blame Pete Wentz.
Wentz not available? Blame Gabe Saporta.

Cookie Shamelessly Promotes Her Writing in Her Signature

Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Visorak16 » Thu 24th Sep 2009

I think Juliet is cool too. Shame she is only in two of them. I have the same trouble with my stories, too many characters.
Visorak16 is proud to present All or Nothing My Book!

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Thu 24th Sep 2009

Juliet freakin rox. So does foaly. My two fav. Hey, I should ship them! JK... that doesn't seem right xD

MuriUmbrielCordeliaN
Centaur Genius

Post by MuriUmbrielCordeliaN » Sun 25th Oct 2009

For me, it's an extremely close tie between The Opal Deception and The Eternity Code. But, if I were forced to pick, I would definately pick The Eternity Code.

^_^ This is Baby Georgie. He haz some leeves.

Julissa Holly Fowl
LEP Commander

Post by Julissa Holly Fowl » Sun 1st Nov 2009

I hate TOD. I really, truly, hate it with a passion. Why, oh, why did Colfer have to kill Julius? *sobs* He was amazing!
My favorites are probably TAI, because Root plays a major part and because of many other reasons that have been discussed already, and TLC, because while Root didn't show up, Minerva is awesome. Frankly, I'm as Sueish as she is, and can relate to almost everything about her.
AWARENESS+ACTION=IMPACT.

Réaltaí Rince na hÉireann
Irish Dance, always and forever!

http://realtairinceeireann.blogspot.com/

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Thu 19th Nov 2009

I like The Arctic Incident, because I'm just a sucker for a bad-guy-turns-good story. Plus it's got my favorite scene in the series: the Mayak Chemical Train.

After that one, I'd say... hmm... The Lost Colony, mainly because it is the firsy and only book that has ever made me cry (yes, I'll admit it, I'm a giant dork, I cried) and it's just very well written. Too bad about that. blonde. girl.

Then... the original, I think. Because it's the beginning, and it was just plain awesome.

Then The Opal Deception, then a tie between The Time Paradox and The Eternity Code. But they're all amazing. It's like ranking your parents, grandparents, and siblings.