Who Should Artemis Be With!

Anything about the Fowl books.
Matt
Troll

Post by Matt » Wed 28th Mar 2007

I think it'd be outrageously interesting to see Artemis and Holly together, but there is absolutely no possbility of a relationship like that working. It'd be like me dating my dog. Different species, different age range, different everything...

dee_sequel
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by dee_sequel » Wed 28th Mar 2007

Artemis needs someone to complete him, so his perfect girl wouldn't have to be a Mary Sue. She could be stupid. XD
ATTENTION! for all Netherworlds readers, I am still updating on DA!
https://iesnoth.deviantart.com/gallery/

Aphrodite
LEP Recruit

Post by Aphrodite » Wed 28th Mar 2007

Minerva Paradizo wrote: Actually, it's simple: I sneak into Colfer's house in the dead of night, hold my 9mm Luger w/ the fancy ivory grips to his head, and he writes me into the story. Solves everything.

Brilliant!!!!!! I think I'll do that and I can get there before everyone else because I live in the same country as Colfer :P :ph43r:

But if I can't be with Artemis no one can!!!! I'm only joking, a new girl who is like me would be great!!!!!!!!!! Not Minerva, never!!!!
Fairy Creatures heed this warning,
On earth the human era is dawning.

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Wed 28th Mar 2007

I agree with what BlackOpal said earlier. And MMK.

You have a wide range of choices. From Minerva to Holly, to Juliet. REALLY different. I would've preferred if Minerva wasn't that perfect, but then, we'd say she's perfect for Artemis...and then would people argue she's a Mary Sue then??? :blink:

Anyways, if Minerva wasn't smart, she wouldn't be able to figure out the temporial equations for the demon materializations or whatever. If she wasn't rich, she wouldn't have the money to travel to the theatre etc.

And if she wasn't pretty...well...all girls in Artemis Fowl are like, good looking. Holly, Minerva, Lili Frond, Opal Koboi, Juliet...hm...Angeline Fowl?

If she wasn't good looking, Colfer couldn't have introduced her in the first place. Like you know how he said Artemis glanced at her loads of times when they were waiting for the first demon materialization?

But if WOULD have been good I guess if Colfer'd made her normal looking...like slightly pretty (that's how he described Holly. Like in pointy sort of way he said or something like that), then it would be good. Not like, goddess pretty.

I think it'd be outrageously interesting to see Artemis and Holly together, but there is absolutely no possbility of a relationship like that working. It'd be like me dating my dog. Different species, different age range, different everything...

Yeah, it'd be interesting. And I totally agree. It wouldn't work. I totally cracked up at the you dating your dog thing. Instead of a rose, you give her a bone. OMG.
:lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
These avatars were from the AFC website!

My homepages: deviantART or FanFiction.net

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Wed 28th Mar 2007

I would've preferred if Minerva wasn't that perfect, but then, we'd say she's perfect for Artemis...and then would people argue she's a Mary Sue then???

I think if Minerva wasn't that perfect we'd say that she wasn't good enough for Artemis. We're a picky bunch.
I also think that if Minerva wasn't pretty we'd say "She's not even pretty!" or something.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Thu 29th Mar 2007

Yeah. I totally agree. Colfer could've created a worse girl for Arty. I think he wasn't left with a lot of choices. I mean, okay, the girl needs to be okay looking at least. Arty's not gonna fall in love with some deformed person. Sorry, but that's just Arty I guess.

Smart. Duh. I mean, higher than average intelligence. Not neccessarily a genius, just not average. I mean, not ditzy either.

Rich. At least not poor so she's starving to death. Unless she's like, poor but is REALLY smart. Dunno. But all I know is it hasn't left Colfer with lots of choices. I reckon Minerva was a good character, albeit a bit boring.

You gotta put yourself in Colfer's shoes. You impress some, disappoint some. ^_^

ImpNo1
Dwarf Miner

Post by ImpNo1 » Fri 30th Mar 2007

I think he should bring up a new female character who is NOT pretty, just for change
He's unique

Mulch
Mud-Man

Post by Mulch » Fri 30th Mar 2007

Holly all the way, XD.

From;
Mulch

BlackOpal

Post by BlackOpal » Fri 30th Mar 2007

ImpNo1 wrote: I think he should bring up a new female character who is NOT pretty, just for change

I don't know, I think that if we really didn't care about looks we wouldn't care if she was pretty or not. Bringing in another girl now would be unprofessional, and readers would get annoyed.
I always thought that Holly wasn't pretty, but Colfer keeps saying that she is. Her description sounds less than that though.

Holly all the way, XD2.GIF.

From;
Mulch

Rock on Holly/Arty lovers! Though now I've become a little more accepting of A/M (though I still think it's boring) and I actually like H/T. I'm still mainly an H/A though!

Modest-Genius
Troll

Post by Modest-Genius » Sat 31st Mar 2007

A/H is just unatural to me. They are different species and she is like 200 or something isn't she? They are more than firends thats for sure but I wouldn't go for love/***ual desire.

BlackOpal

Post by BlackOpal » Sat 31st Mar 2007

Modest-Genius wrote: A/H is just unatural to me. They are different species and she is like 200 or something isn't she? They are more than firends thats for sure but I wouldn't go for love/***ual desire.

Well, as Colfer said in a interview, Humans and fairies once did mate.
But I can see how you would get that. To me it's like two different dogs, they create a mutt, but not an unatural mutt.

dee_sequel
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by dee_sequel » Sat 31st Mar 2007

nice way of putting it... mutts are also more healthy... and cute! ^_^
ATTENTION! for all Netherworlds readers, I am still updating on DA!
https://iesnoth.deviantart.com/gallery/

The III Prodigy
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by The III Prodigy » Sat 31st Mar 2007

BlackOpal. I agree, I always thought Holly wasn't THAT pretty. I mean, I can't imagine her pretty with CROPPED hair. Sorry, but that's just the way I think.

Modest-Genius, totally. I mean, more than friends yeah, but ***ual desire? Ew...how would they, you know, make babies?

BlackOpal, yes, I was the one who put that proof here, but that interview was ages ago, probably before The Eternity Code too. So Colfer didn't decide on the Minerva thing yet.

Plus, two different dogs mating, the mutt is still a dog. It's not CROSS-SPECIES. Okay, here's a simple explanation:

Poodle + Maltese = Maltipoo
Caucasian + Asian = Eurasian

Wolf + Dog = White Fang (from Jack London's book) or Fox + Dog = ??? (something that is cross species but able to mate
Human + Fairy = Mini human?

I mean, the mutt thing is still a dog remember. It's not cross species. It's just cross kind. Like how Caucasians and Asians turn into Eurasians or something like that.

dee_sequel, it depends really. The pup can get both good things from each side of the parent, or it can inherit both the deformations and diseases of both parents. It all depends. But put it this way, if the Caucasian and Asian have a baby who is Eurasian, that doesn't REALLY mean the baby's healthier does it? So I don't think you can compare it that way. But that's just me.

Aphrodite
LEP Recruit

Post by Aphrodite » Sat 31st Mar 2007

Holly and Artemis are just friends!!!!!!!! They have such completly different characters that thy would NOT make a good couple!!!!!!

Grrrr!!!!!! I accidently deleted everything that I wrote, I have to start again!!!!!!

I never thought of Holly being beautiful either, cropped hair on a girl can look really bad and boyish. Colfer should let her grow her hair, but I doubt he will.

And how complicated would a relationship between a fairy and a human be???? Any relationship with Artemis in it is bond to be difficult even if they are both human.

Elf + Sprite = OK

Goblin + Gnome = Ok

Dwarf + Gnome = Ok

American + English person = Ok

Irish + Chineese = Ok

French + African = Ok

etc etc etc

but human + fairy is NOT ok!!!!!!!!

And also, wolves, dogs and foxes are related so thats ok.

I'm not going to even bother debating A/M ship, because it will never, ever happen!!!!!! I won't let it!!!!!!!!!!!
Fairy Creatures heed this warning,
On earth the human era is dawning.

Manx
Gnome
Location: woah where am i, in a box, why the hell would i be in a box?

Post by Manx » Sat 31st Mar 2007

ok since were argueing about the physical possilbiltiesw of fairy human mating lets look at SCIENCE

ok lets take the family Equidae, or horses. there are many sub species of horses that can interbreed, such as an *** and a horse making a mule.

Now lets take the family Homo, or good ol human sap. We origanted from the the Homo heidelbergenis, which then split into two groups Homo sap and Homo neanderthalis. If fairies had to originate from humans (its a possibilty , considering their similar body structure.) then they would be classified as Homo Fata. so yes their could be possible mating things due to the fact that were might be in the same family, but theres little chance that it will end up as lucky as the mule
ill stop calling you an idiot when you go learn something <br><br>He likes dem da chocholate<br>-trevor berry<br><br>you see, the proposal is the propasal<br>-george bush