New Species

Anything about the Fowl books.
Artemis_Yanez
Dwarf Miner

Re: New Species

Post by Artemis_Yanez » Fri 3rd Aug 2007

1hollyfan wrote:kraken definately is cool. have u ever read island of the aunts? it gives the kraken a totally diferent perspective.

Are you speaking of the same Kraken as in the Pirates movies? But anyway Why not for an evil race a harpy type creature, to create some conflict
"Its my father's name" said Artemis Wearily having explained this hundred times "It can either be a girls or boys name, and means the hunter Rather apt don't you think?"

https://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/181/

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sat 4th Aug 2007

no, its nothing like in pirates. in the boook, its this HUGE whale type thing that ums to heal the ocean. its big and purple and has huge golden eyes.
Proud Member of the Loveless Fangirls!
And of the Loving Fangirls!
I'm Normally Paranormal.
A Co-Founder of the Insane Club.
*pant* I'm also part of the Anime Lover's Club.
And... *cough* the.... Book Club

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

_Lenore_
Dwarf Thief
Location: Not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Post by _Lenore_ » Sun 5th Aug 2007

Oooooh, did you get that from Which Witch? Looove that book!
(But yeah, if it were that kind of kraken, it would be really cool. "Daddy!" lol)
Or maybe you got it from Island of the Aunts. Doesn't matter, same author, really...

But you know what would be *really* cool? VAMPIRES!! Vampires ruuuuuule! You guys ever read Twilight, or New Moon? Aren't vampires the BEST?!

I don't think there'd be vampires though, it's just not that kind of series. There would probably be some mythical creature out of fairytales, like sphinxes or phoenixes or dragons, but not something like vampires or werewolves... or something. :(

Edward-Cullen-is-the-best-vampire-in-the-history-of-forever. :wub:
ImageImageImage
"I have CDO... It's like OCD, only I put the letters in alphabetical order." - my mom

Artemis_Yanez
Dwarf Miner

Post by Artemis_Yanez » Tue 7th Aug 2007

_Lenore_ wrote:Oooooh, did you get that from Which Witch? Looove that book!
(But yeah, if it were that kind of kraken, it would be really cool. "Daddy!" lol)
Or maybe you got it from Island of the Aunts. Doesn't matter, same author, really...

But you know what would be *really* cool? VAMPIRES!! Vampires ruuuuuule! You guys ever read Twilight, or New Moon? Aren't vampires the BEST?!

I don't think there'd be vampires though, it's just not that kind of series. There would probably be some mythical creature out of fairytales, like sphinxes or phoenixes or dragons, but not something like vampires or werewolves... or something. :(

Nay I would say that Lestat is the best, but anyway Vampires would defintiely add something cool the series.
"Its my father's name" said Artemis Wearily having explained this hundred times "It can either be a girls or boys name, and means the hunter Rather apt don't you think?"

https://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/181/

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Thu 9th Aug 2007

i was thinking bout this the other day while i was drawingg a fanart. basilisk, maybe some type of dinosaur type thing? or a werewolf fairy?
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Yes, I am back! I have been super-dee-dooper busy. I just got back from vacation and I said to myself, "As soon as I get back, I am going to start posting on FG again. I miss those guys!" And I did miss you! I loved talking about AF with people who actually care! I might not be posting a lot in the next few days because there's still alot to do around our house, but I swear posts will start rushing in soon." Love you all!!!!

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Fri 10th Aug 2007

I think the trolls are a bit like werewolves. I know they've got nothing to do with them, but I've always pivtured them like that in my head. It would be so cool if there were vampires, just because of Artemis looking like one. And because vampires are really cool, as you said.

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sat 11th Aug 2007

i really love the idea of vampires. maybe colfer could reinvent them like JKR reivented veelas! vampire faries.
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Arty's lil girl
Dwarf Miner
Location: Waiting 4 the vampires, child prodigies, winged creatures, people cursed 2 becum animals,and wizards

Post by Arty's lil girl » Sat 11th Aug 2007

I think it should be either griffins, banshees, gargoyles would be fun, or mermaids/sirensIrish versoin of mermaid

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Sat 11th Aug 2007

ooohhh... love all of those. didnt even think about them :razz:
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Sat 18th Aug 2007

it could be a completly new creature, unheard of before 'cause Colfer just made it up
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

Sofie
LEP Commander

Post by Sofie » Sat 18th Aug 2007

The Kraken has had a popularity blast lately. You know, two years ago it was just an old story about the krake in the fjord, now it's suddenly everywhere.

Haha, maybe the Draug and the Marmæl will experience the same? x']
ImageImageImage

Arty's lil girl
Dwarf Miner
Location: Waiting 4 the vampires, child prodigies, winged creatures, people cursed 2 becum animals,and wizards

Post by Arty's lil girl » Sun 19th Aug 2007

1hollyfan wrote:ooohhh... love all of those. didnt even think about them :razz:

thankyou thankyou I will now take my bow

1hollyfan
Centaur Genius

Post by 1hollyfan » Mon 20th Aug 2007

Sofie wrote:The Kraken has had a popularity blast lately. You know, two years ago it was just an old story about the krake in the fjord, now it's suddenly everywhere.

umm.... what r a draug and a marmael? just asking. :?
I'm Normally Paranormal.

Sofie
LEP Commander

Post by Sofie » Mon 20th Aug 2007

1hollyfan wrote:
Sofie wrote:The Kraken has had a popularity blast lately. You know, two years ago it was just an old story about the krake in the fjord, now it's suddenly everywhere.

umm.... what r a draug and a marmael? just asking. :?

Other creatures from the same type of mythology as the krake.
ImageImageImage

marie_svenson,sith
Mud-Man

Post by marie_svenson,sith » Thu 23rd Aug 2007

_Lenore_ wrote:Oooooh, did you get that from Which Witch? Looove that book!

I agree! Edward Cullen is the best!

But I think it should be changelings. The kind that shapeshift, not like the elf replacement for a human child.
You know you have issues if you can name every song on an entirely instrumental soundtrack... when it's on shuffle!