George the banana eating giraffe

Pretty_In_Green
Gnome

Post by Pretty_In_Green » Wed 11th Oct 2006

I LOVE them together!!!

Lufgif
Centaur Genius

Post by Lufgif » Mon 16th Oct 2006

ATTN: All Holly/Artemis skeptics, leave this topic now. We will let them discuss their delusions in peace. There's no need to attack them in this particular topic.

CaptainHollyShort
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by CaptainHollyShort » Mon 16th Oct 2006

Hold it Holly. I cant Im about to scream. (hyper venilates, Runs to other post to escape disturbance of this one.)
History is written in the blood of its people.

What exactly is a French before its fried?

~Pendragon

If I had a sister, I'm sure she'd be inconsolable.

Hey, Mulch, if you listen really hard you can just about make out the sound of nobody giving a hoot.

~Artemis Fowl

EdgeMaster025
Mud-Man

Post by EdgeMaster025 » Wed 18th Oct 2006

They've known each other for 2-5 (depending on your interpretation of the events in The Lost Colony) years... They have both expressed a strong respect for each other in The Artemis Fowl Files's interviews... The whole eye thing... Only thing: I like women shorter than I am, but not by two whole feet (Artemis is 14-17, so he's at least 5 feet tall, and Holly is an elf, just about 3 feet tall). But yeah. Match made in heaven. Even across the whole species bridge.
"Now, Artemis, tell me, what is twenty-seven multiplied by eighteen point five?"<br>...<br>"Four hundred and ninety-nine point five, if you must know" (<i>Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony</i> page 14, between Domovoi Butler and Artemis Fowl II [respectively])

Minerva Scriptor
Dwarf Miner

Post by Minerva Scriptor » Mon 6th Nov 2006

I really hope he ends up with Holly instead of Minerva. Minerva and him are to similar. But if interspecies relationships are possible, Artemis will be the first! :P
The World is Quiet Here

TroubleFan818
LEP Recruit

Post by TroubleFan818 » Mon 6th Nov 2006

Isn't Holly like 300 years old!!! (i don't know how old she is do if you know I will change it)

But if Holly was around Artemis's age then ya I would want him to choose her over Minerva. But for right now, Minerva is OK.
Here we go Holly. Are you ready?"
"Artemis! I'm the field agent here," came the irritated reply. "Stay off my band unless you have somthing to contribute."
"I was just thinking---"
"I was just thinking that you should change your middle name to Contol Freak."Artemis glanced across at Butler, who was lying beside him and couldn't help overhearing the entire exchange.
"Control Freak? Can you believe that?"
"The nerve of some people," replied the bodygaurd without taking his eyes off the chateau.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Mon 6th Nov 2006

Hooly's about eighty, I think. She's pretty young, for a fairy.

I honestly don't care who Artemis ends up with.

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Mon 6th Nov 2006

In Holly and Artemis' life cycle they are close, In "human years" Holly would be in her early 20s, wouldn't she. But then she wouldn't age as fast as Artemis would, he would catch up to her and then become older than her. I am a Holly/Artemis shipper myself, and pray that we can find a way to put them together. Opal becoming human was a good sign for me, and I wish there was a way to turn Artemis faerie. It would be perfect.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Lufgif
Centaur Genius

Post by Lufgif » Mon 6th Nov 2006

For more info on the Holly/Artemis age difference, go to... ah, I'll just post it.

Posted by Lufgif:
Hmm... for once you have constructed a feasible argument instead of just calling us all closeminded idiots. Okay.

I see your point. However, I am fond of Foaly, and I certainly don't want him and Artemis to get together. And she had to be introduced at some point, just give her a chance.

Age does matter. My friend fell in love with a fifteen-year-old over the web. He was eleven at the time. It didn't come close to working out, because of the age difference.

Let's tackle your proportion next. How do you turn 'about fifty' into sixty? Let's try it again.

15/50=x/80
So now she's 24. Holly ages at 1/3 the rate of a human. When he's 18 she'll be 25, when he's 21 she'll be 26, when he's 24 she'll be 27, when he's 27 she'll be 28... that would be more acceptable. However...by the time Holly's 35, Artemis'll be nearly 50. It still won't work.

sorana
Dwarf Thief

Post by sorana » Mon 6th Nov 2006

:lol:
maybe it will work.But I like them more when they are just friends.There's a special relation of friendship between them and maybe if they would be togheter all it'd be ruined.
Or not ^_^ We'll se what Colfer will decide :)
no sence at all.

Gravitational Singularity
Dwarf Thief

Post by Gravitational Singularity » Mon 6th Nov 2006

Perhaps Artemis's newly acuired magical powers might help me stay alive a little longer? And an elf eye might add to the effect as well, allthough I can't really say I think it likely.

I believe it's more likely that the events will turn up with Artemis and Minerva instead of Artemis and Holly. After all that breaks the race barrier and two people this similar will likely like each other. Besides it seemed that way to me after I read the fifth book.
Just call me Grav
Northern Carina Nebula

CaptainHollyShort
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by CaptainHollyShort » Mon 6th Nov 2006

I think that Artemis might not fall in love, might not get married and might not run and dance in a field with pretty pink ponies.
:unsure:

Well, you get the idea.
History is written in the blood of its people.

What exactly is a French before its fried?

~Pendragon

If I had a sister, I'm sure she'd be inconsolable.

Hey, Mulch, if you listen really hard you can just about make out the sound of nobody giving a hoot.

~Artemis Fowl

dee_sequel
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by dee_sequel » Tue 7th Nov 2006

artemis is a genius. he'll deal with his romance with Holly if/when it happens.

(but age DOESN'T matter in true love. a couple at our church is 7 years apart with 3 kids... one in college. true love conquers all.) :D
ATTENTION! for all Netherworlds readers, I am still updating on DA!
https://iesnoth.deviantart.com/gallery/

magicbulletgirl
Mud-Man

Post by magicbulletgirl » Tue 7th Nov 2006

He's magical now - chances are the magic is what keeps people so young ne?