Your Best Friend Butler

Anything about the Artemis Fowl books.
pinkfairy11097
Troll

Re: Your Best Friend Butler

Post by pinkfairy11097 » Mon 26th Nov 2007

Ok #1 lets topic thankyou person who said that * props given* And I AM NOT CRAZY say that 1 more time and I will flip and come after how dare you insult me butttttttttt Butler is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Crazy person, crazy person's back up, cool person, or anyone else will change that

P.S. IT's pinkfairy not PINKQUEEN or whatever you said :)

P.S.S person that got props you got you got a sparkley pair of props
George the banana eating giraffe

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Tue 27th Nov 2007

Yeah, let's please, please, please get back on topic. I've already deleted far too many posts today, and I feel bad. This shipping war is completely random, off-topic, and worst of all, spammy.

Butler is a great character. Or at least, he was. I've gotten a bit tired of him.

nutrino
Dwarf Thief

Post by nutrino » Tue 27th Nov 2007

Awwww, someone told them to stop before I could ( that whole "I love Arty and have him tied to a chair" thing sooooooooooooo pisses me off). Still, thanks for telling them to stop. However, HOW THE HELL COULD YOU GET BORED OF BUTLER?!?!?!? HE IS THE TOUGHEST, STRONGEST, BRAVEST CHARACTER IN THE BOOK AND HERE IS WHAT I SAY ABOUT ANYONE WHO THINKS DIFFERENTLY [muffled and censored roaring and cursing and slanderous remarks about your mother]. There. I think I made my point.
Hello again.

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Wed 28th Nov 2007

Well, he just hasn't been playing as big of a role as he used to. Artemis used to need him. Now he doesn't. They're still good friends, but not as close as they once were, I think.
He was never my favorite. Why would he be?
Proud member of the loveless fangirls! :wub:
I am: FFn; Fictionpress; LJ.

You can't take the sky from me.

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.
As Star and I like to say: Smut solves Everything! :D

pinkfairy11097
Troll

Post by pinkfairy11097 » Wed 28th Nov 2007

BOOOOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA nurito. You are totally right. Artemis being chained to a chair was ticking me off. And the mother hilarious I'm gonna use that on my sista. ( though we share the same mother :) )

nutrino
Dwarf Thief

Post by nutrino » Wed 28th Nov 2007

Thanks for agreeing with me Pink Fairy, but you spelt my name wrong. Its N-U-T-R-I-N-O*, not nurito. Thats a snack

* I know the gun is N-E-U-T-R-I-N-O. My little brother filled out the application form and spelt it wrong. If anyone Knows how to change your name please tell me!
Hello again.

veelagirl
Centaur Genius

Post by veelagirl » Wed 28th Nov 2007

haha i thought a burrito was a snack. ask MichaelM for help with changing names.
hello. my name is veelagirl.

nutrino
Dwarf Thief

Post by nutrino » Tue 4th Dec 2007

A nurito is a type of energy bar thing in eastern europe.
Hello again.

pinkfairy11097
Troll

Post by pinkfairy11097 » Fri 7th Dec 2007

I thought it was that little blond thing on the nija show with the man headband... by the way did you know that I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RON WEASLEY

carino
Council Member

Post by carino » Fri 7th Dec 2007

Yes, we got that, would you mind not being completely off topic and posting that everywhere???
Wow, we're really rambling now. So do you think he'll *sob* die in TTP?? Or no??

Proud member of team Edward/Emmet, Jacob/Rosalie, and Bella/Edward'spicture/Rippedpillow.

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Fri 7th Dec 2007

Yes, please stop spamming.

I thought he did, but rereading the Eternity Code I realized something, because of Holly's healing Butler is set to live over a hundred.
They kill him anyway, I think that he'd be the best character to die (though it would make me extremely sad), but why say that he was going to live that long if he wasn't?
Unless that's some sort of weird ironic foreshadowing...
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

carino
Council Member

Hmm, that is a good thought. That would be pretty mean to kill him off after that. Though he has narrowly avoided death quite a few times now. And Holly always saves him....
And why do you think he'd be the best? Because of the emotional impact on Arty? That would be an interesting one to see...

BlackOpal

Yeah, he's just... right.
Killing off Mulch would be like telling a really sad racist joke.
Killing off Holly would be impossible for the future series.
Killing off Foaly... I don't even know, it would be weird.
Killing off Minerva would be terrible writing because she just got there.

And Butler is essentially Artemis' father. He's a servant but he doesn't always do what Artemis tells him to. And Artemis gains a lot of wisdom from him (I just keep talking about wisdom today) so it would be horrible to see such a huge figure in his life go.
Artemis would be extremely sad. It would be a huge thing to get over. I believe that you said in some other thread that Artemis hasn't quite realized the full potential of his actions, well, if Butler truly died during something that could have been avoided he would.
Though I think Artemis is beyond accidentally killing his friends.
Or maybe nobody has to die. Maybe the characters can make it through another non-cheesy book without having something severely emotional to deal with. After all, its not as if having someone die makes a book good.
But if somebody had to do it, I think Butler would be the best shot. He's also one of the older characters (even though Foaly, Holly and Mulch are technically older).

carino
Council Member

Sadly, I think I may agree with you. But explain how killing off Mulch would be like telling a sad racist joke? I'm not sure I completely understand what you're talking about.
Killing Foaly would just be like JKR going kill-happy. He's in love. And, oh yeah, a technical genius who's saved the fairies from being discovered. I don't think that would go over well.
And yes, killing Minerva would be sad, though I know some people would enjoy it. But she needs some time to develop her character!
I think, though, that it may almost stunt Artemis' emotional growth if Butler died. A lot of what he's learned, he's learned from Butler. And then who would guard him? Cause Artemis without a bodyguard would be bad news. Maybe he is beyond that, but even though it wasn't directly his doing, Artemis sort of got them into the situation that killed Holly. Would falling in love be a severe enough emotion? Oh, I see you said non-cheesy. Never mind. Though even if someone died, it could be made cheesy. I don't think Eoin would do it that way, though.
Butler's like one of the constants, though!

BlackOpal

Sadly, I think I may agree with you. But explain how killing off Mulch would be like telling a sad racist joke? I'm not sure I completely understand what you're talking about.

Mulch is supposed to be funny. Adding a sad situation in there wouldn't work.

Butler is a constant, but so was Root.
I think Root's death was a work of art. He wasn't a completely likable character, but a lot of the time he knew best. And at the very end he was portrayed as wise, but for the beginning of the book his character didn't change.

And Butler is so invincible. That's a reason why it's bad and good. What type of morals does that send out? Butler is a metaphor for safe.
But it is also a wakeup call and a taste of reality. He's immortal, and then suddenly he's gone, at peace.
It would be terribly sad.