The Lost Colony Discussion

Anything about the Artemis Fowl books.
NinjAngel
Troll

Post by NinjAngel » Tue 7th Nov 2006

MMK wrote: About involvement-

I just want Artemis to have the emotional dilemma of being a role model. It's not really an issue if they're infants and can't understand what he does.

And it's cuter when they're just barely talking. :D

I want something similar to that, too. Artemis, it's time for you to grow up! (It's not like he wasn't really grown up in the first place, though...he just needs to grow up...er...morally? Emotionally? I don't know what I'm saying anymore. :banghead: Maybe you'll get the idea. )

Until the very end.

Picture copyright cat-cat on deviantART.

magicbulletgirl
Mud-Man

Post by magicbulletgirl » Tue 7th Nov 2006

So, cause I'm too lazy too look back through the pages, didn't you feel that Colfer was on the line with the Warlock stuff. From the way it's presented in Lost Colony it sounded as if Warlocks were all demons and in none of the other fairy families. But in book 1 Foaly says the warlocks do their time thing into batteries - so is it up in the air or could only Demon warlocks restore the island?

wertyit
Goblin

Post by wertyit » Tue 7th Nov 2006

I thought the six book was great. It could have been some insane reason, but i had a good feeling reading it. And ARtemis was a genius, outwitting everyone. The only part which was draggy was intrudcting No1

Gravitational Singularity
Dwarf Thief

Post by Gravitational Singularity » Tue 7th Nov 2006

:lol: Another masterpiece!
There was no way I could stop reading when I had opened the book and started. I kept on till the end. I really liked the introduction of No1, he's such a charming little creature. The timetunnel idea was also one I found tasty, and putting in another mastermind (Minerva) in the book did help to make it a really good story.

The thing I liked the most about the book was the way it ended. When Artemis took a sample of magical power in when they went to Hybras I just thought: Oh. Oh! This can get interresting, very interresting. Can't wait for the next book :D .
Just call me Grav
Northern Carina Nebula

TroubleFan818
LEP Recruit

Post by TroubleFan818 » Wed 8th Nov 2006

If Artemis is one, who is the other? Who is the other human who can speak Gnommish?

Can butler speak Gnommish? Minerva can't. I think the other person has to be butler.
Here we go Holly. Are you ready?"
"Artemis! I'm the field agent here," came the irritated reply. "Stay off my band unless you have somthing to contribute."
"I was just thinking---"
"I was just thinking that you should change your middle name to Contol Freak."Artemis glanced across at Butler, who was lying beside him and couldn't help overhearing the entire exchange.
"Control Freak? Can you believe that?"
"The nerve of some people," replied the bodygaurd without taking his eyes off the chateau.

Gravitational Singularity
Dwarf Thief

Post by Gravitational Singularity » Wed 8th Nov 2006

On page 141 in the lost colony we can find this:
"I do, but Butler is not so fluent. So English if you wouldn't mind."
That should mean that he speaks it, but not very well, right?
Just call me Grav
Northern Carina Nebula

TroubleFan818
LEP Recruit

Oh ya, I forgot about that part. Thanx ^_^
"Artemis! I'm the field agent here," came the irritated reply. "Stay off my band unless you have somthing to contribute."
"I was just thinking---"
"I was just thinking that you should change your middle name to Contol Freak."Artemis glanced across at Butler, who was lying beside him and couldn't help overhearing the entire exchange.
"The nerve of some people," replied the bodygaurd without taking his eyes off the chateau.

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Wed 8th Nov 2006

omg people have u fogotten minerva does not like artemis she is using him for an award thingy dont u remember she want a noble peace a ward or summit i think there is gonna be a really big mess and she is gonna go evil team up with opal and kill the twins then artemis should use his magic to rewined time and never no about faires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then there would me a whole now series where minerva finds out about faries in stead

ok that bit about minerva was a bit farfeached but what do u think people!!!!!!!!!

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Wed 8th Nov 2006

people another thought if artemis has magic and is half farie then he can fall in love with holly cuz he will live for ages as well and over the years he could become more farie like opal became human !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so he can fall in love with holly and marry her plus there would be no mud faries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god i am so clever for working that out!

i wonder if faries mind wipe people for being big headed

ops im not the one who is postin this message its some1 else

quick hide me *runs and hides behind the sofa

TroubleFan818
LEP Recruit

Minerva does like Artemis!! She just wants to get the award more. That's why they get along so well. And because they are both really smart. (Arty is smarter :wub: )
"I was just thinking---"

NinjAngel
Troll

Post by NinjAngel » Wed 8th Nov 2006

Well...I guess Butler is the other one who can speak Gnommish. It's really the only explanation we have.

The reason only demon warlocks could bring back Hybras was because demon warlocks are the most powerful. I'm pretty sure that's actually said somewhere.

And, I'm gonna say this again:

Arty has Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 :wub: :wub: :wub: XD

Oh...I hate Minerva. I don't know why, but I do.

Until the very end.

Picture copyright cat-cat on deviantART.

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Thu 9th Nov 2006

Minerva_Paradizo wrote:omg people have u fogotten minerva does not like artemis she is using him for an award thingy dont u remember she want a noble peace a ward or summit i think there is gonna be a really big mess and she is gonna go evil team up with opal and kill the twins then artemis should use his magic to rewined time and never no about faires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minerva was humbled in the end of the book- I think she was just deluded with her own power, and needed a reality check. Now she's obsessed with Artemis, according to Butler (he says "It's Artemis this and Artemis that. she's really built you up into something special").

people another thought if artemis has magic and is half fairy then he can fall in love with holly cuz he will live for ages as well and over the years he could become more farie like opal became human !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Artemis is not fairy. He is human with magic. It says that humans used to have magic, but lost it. Artemis just regained it. Also, Opal did not become human, she just had surgery so that she looked like one.

artemisclone
Mud-Man

Post by artemisclone » Sat 11th Nov 2006

dude The Lost Colony was freking awesome but what do you think does artemis still have the magic i hope he does that would be frecking awesome artemis + magic = pure awesome but man what do you think happens the next book when section 8 finds out about his magic please fast reply
<a href='http://www.artemisfowl.com/images/splash_slice/slice_03.jpg' target='_blank'>http://www.artemisfowl.com/images/splash_slice/slice_03.jpg</a>

CaptainHollyShort
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by CaptainHollyShort » Sat 11th Nov 2006

Umm..

Artemis isnt a fairy, he just has magic!!!!!
History is written in the blood of its people.

What exactly is a French before its fried?

~Pendragon

If I had a sister, I'm sure she'd be inconsolable.

Hey, Mulch, if you listen really hard you can just about make out the sound of nobody giving a hoot.

~Artemis Fowl

dee_sequel
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by dee_sequel » Sat 11th Nov 2006

Artemis is not fairy. He is human with magic. It says that humans used to have magic, but lost it. Artemis just regained it.

that doesn't mean he'll age the same. didja know that (if Colfer wanted to use a historical reference) in the Bible times a man lived to be 968 years old? Colfer could branch off of that and say that when humans DID have magic they DID live longer. :D

B) cuz i'm cool like that.
ATTENTION! for all Netherworlds readers, I am still updating on DA!
https://iesnoth.deviantart.com/gallery/