Positive News Daily

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Positive News Daily

Post by Cabaline » Sat 11th Apr 2020

^ Awh thanks HS9! It's so great to see you <3 ^_^

Today's positive news is some that really made me smile.
A very generous anonymous donor delivered a letter to every single household in a town in Iowa. In every letter was $150 worth of gift cards for food. This anonymous person spent over $80,0000 to make sure that no one in their town was going to go hungry. What a kind gesture that I am sure is appreciated by many. As someone who has gone hungry before, I can understand how much of a massive impact this can have.
You can read more about this here!
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Sun 12th Apr 2020

^So great to see you too!

I read that more than 330,000 people have recovered from coronavirus around the world!
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sun 12th Apr 2020

^ That makes me hopeful :)

Today's positive news! :D

Because of the lockdown, the quality of air in lots of countries is improving noticeably! In India, the air pollution has decreased so much that people can now see the Himalayas for the first time in 30 or so years! This has all happened in the 2 weeks that India has been on strict lockdown! You can read more here! :)
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Mon 13th Apr 2020

A team that has been working on a treatment for Alzheimer's have made significant developments recently! They have been testing out a nasal "vaccine" and have found that in mice, it has been shown to reduce atrophied brain matter! This is a big step in slowing down the degenerative effects of the disease, and is another step in the right direction :) You can read more about it here! :D
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Wed 15th Apr 2020

Time for today's positive news! :D

To show solidarity with those who have started struggling financially, Jacinda Ardern (prime minister of New Zealand) and ministers took a 20% pay cut, lasting 6 months. There are also reports, on social media, of people in New Zealand getting their self-employed monetary grant within hours of applying! It is great to see a country supporting its residents like this. You can read more about her pay cut here! :D
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Fri 17th Apr 2020

Hello! It's time for today's positive news! :D

An island in the Pacific ocean, called Niue, has become the first place in the world to be given a "Dark Sky" status. This means that it has zero light pollution! :D Great for local wildlife and for stargazing, the 1600 residents of the island worked together to get this status! It is possible! :D You can read more about this here! :)
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sat 18th Apr 2020

Time for today's positive news! :D

A group of people who take it upon themselves to research old pioneer maps and explore what is there today, have found 10 different varieties of apples that were all thought to be extinct! They are looking to identify which orchards once stood there and track down what happened to the family that owned it, to add to the local history! :D You can read more about this unique story here! :)
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sun 19th Apr 2020

The World Wildlife Foundation has released a statement to say that the wild gorilla population has increased. The total world population of mountain gorillas is now over 1000! :D The hard work of decades of conservation are starting to pay off, let's keep it up :D You can read more about that here! :)
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Mon 20th Apr 2020

Time for today's dose of positivity! :D

In Thailand, where people have been avoiding beaches due to the lockdown, sea turtles have been spotted nesting! They have counted 11 nests, and no such nests had been found for 5 years! You can read more about this here! :D
Image Image

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 7th May 2020

^Ages ago, I was at the beach and had the chance to watch the turtles hatch and crawl to the ocean. Easily the most amazing and magical thing I've seen. Walking and all of a sudden the sand has come alive with these hundreds of tiny turtles burrowing out from hidey-holes.

This may be met with some mixed criticism, but...

Phase 1 has been initiated!

(Allow me a titter as this whole "Phase" thing is very reminiscent of the MCU, what, is SHIELD going to descend in a helicarrier to battle Loki?)

This means restaurants in my state will begin to resume seating people inside - at a limited capacity of 25%.
Honestly, I don't care so much for eating in restaurants, but I like the progress it will hopefully bring.

Because.......with Phase 1 opening, that means the parks and beaches have opened as well!!!
Social distancing is still a requirement, to be clear, but it's nice to go out and have a walk, enjoy nature.

(I sense I may end up starting a new thread...)
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Thu 7th May 2020

Today's positive news comes from my old University! :D

Due to the current situation, students have been hit hard, especially international students who cannot return home and have been stuck for longer in a country than they had planned. As a result, my old university has introduced a Covid Hardship Fund, to help aid any applicants with any expenses. They have allocated £100,000 so far.

They put out a call today, to all of their alumni asking if anyone would like to donate to the University to help them further support current students, so I have happily chipped in £20, since I relied on a hardship fund when I was at uni, and I wanted to give back. I know how much £20 for groceries can stretch and how much of a relief it can be to know you're gonna be able to eat for the next 2 weeks. ^_^
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Fri 8th May 2020

Today's positive news comes to us from the Vatican :D

The pope has ordered that one of the Vatican's Palaces become a homeless shelter for people unable to make ends meet. Reports suggest that it was suggested to the Pope that he would make more money turning it into a hotel, but he refused. You can read more about this here! :D
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sat 9th May 2020

Today's positive news comes from the UK! :D

In Devon, the first beaver colony in over 400 years has been successful! It has been good for the local wildlife too, with local plants and animals flourishing as a direct result of the beaver's presence :D You can read more about it here :)
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sun 10th May 2020

Hello Everyone :D

Today's bit of positivity comes from the mayor of flavourtown himself, Guy Fieri. Guy has raised over $20 million, to help pay the salaries of restaurant workers that have been affected by COVID-19. This also follows the recent resurfacing of the news that after Guy's lesbian sister died, he became ordained and married 101 gay couples, to honour her memory. You can read more about the most recent story here :D
Image Image

artymon I\/
LEP Commander

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 21st May 2020

I dunno if this is necessarily world positive, but it made me smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXz4Cnj4AvM
Image Image ImageImage
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch