Positive News Daily

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
Cabaline
Fangathering Fever patient

Positive News Daily

Post by Cabaline » Thu 26th Mar 2020

In these modern days, especially with everything that is going on, it can be easy to let the constant stream of media get you down.

So I decided that it would be a good idea to focus on the positive once in a while and make a space where you can all share acts of kindness and good things that you see in the news/online. If you come across a feel-good, heartwarming story, share it here to remind us that the world is a good place. :D

I'll go first: Our national health service put out a request for 250,000 volunteers to help run prescriptions, take people to/from hospital, call vulnerable people at home to check up on them etc. The response was overwhelmingly positive with 560,000 people (and rising) volunteering. That's double the amount they asked for and over half a million selfless people who just want to do good ^_^
Image Image
I'm always on hand so feel free to message me about anything :)
I also write articles! :D I also have a twitter too! :D

Cabaline

Re: Positive News Daily

Post by Cabaline » Fri 27th Mar 2020

I know I'm double posting, but I promised positive news daily so you are all going to get exactly that! ^_^

Today's positive news comes from The Samaritans who asked people on twitter to post their new, furry, coworkers, and lots of people did. For lots of pics of lots of floofs, check out their twitter thread, here!

Also positive news from the UK, the second person to be confirmed cured from the disease that causes HIV has come forward to offer hope to others! You can read about that here!

Hope you all have a nice day! Stay positive ^_^
Image Image

Iris
Dwarf Thief

Post by Iris » Fri 27th Mar 2020

I think this is a great idea for a thread!

Shoutout to Germany for offering some of their IC capacity to other countries. The rate of infection and death has been relatively low there and they've now taken on patients from France and Italy. I think it's great to see countries helping each other instead of just looking after their own.
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sat 28th Mar 2020

^ Wow that is great, this is an example of countries helping each other like I like to see :D

Today's bit of positive news is that efforts made decades ago to reduce the gases in the atmosphere that were damaging the ozone layer have proved to be effective. The ozone is showing signs of regeneration! Coupled with reduced CO2 emissions, this could be super positive. Read about it here!
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sun 29th Mar 2020

Hello, it's time for today's daily dose of positivity! :D

In Canada they have coined a term, "Caremongering"! It was used in a facebook group, that was set up to help support local people, which has spread like wildfire and has had many many local groups set up to "caremonger" for residents. The idea is that people post requests for help, and other people answer and carry out that help. Some people also make offers of help on the page that other people are welcome to take them up on. It has been very helpful for local residents and the support, and community spirit, has helped keep people stay calm and be cared for! ^_^

You can read more here :)
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Mon 30th Mar 2020

It's time for today's positivity! :D

In Madagascar they have planted 1 million trees with the plan of planting 60 million in total, and making the island a green paradise again :awesome: This is to celebrate their 60th birthday! Say happy birthday to Madagascar and read more here! :D
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Tue 31st Mar 2020

Hello, and welcome to today's positivity!

In the UK a trend has sprung up called P.E with Joe. Joe Wicks is a fitness coach who decided to do daily live-streamed physical education classes during lockdown. Kids and adults all over the UK have all been getting involved and have been getting their daily exercise along to is videos. Many have taken to social media to praise being able to have bonding time with their family like this. Joe then came onto his social media to say that all the money that he earns from his P.E with Joe youtube videos will be donated to the National Health Service! :D
You can read more here!
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Wed 1st Apr 2020

Hello, it's time for some happiness!

Yesterday I got an email from a large chain store in the UK which was laying out what the store is doing for the community during times like this. It is going to donate £30 million worth of resources and donations to places that need it! I've included the detailed list of support below:

It is nice to see corporations put their money where their mouth is and support people. Plus all that money and those donations going to foodbanks will be so valuable at times like this. :)
Image Image

Iris
Dwarf Thief

Post by Iris » Wed 1st Apr 2020

Yeah, a lot of restaurants around here are closed. Some still to delivery to make up some of the loss, but they still had a lot of leftover ingredients and so did large suppliers for restaurants. It's great to see that stuff being donated.
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Thu 2nd Apr 2020

Time for today's positivity!

In a small town in Wales called Llandudno, there is a large population of mountain goats that live in the Welsh mountains. A local man looked out of his window the other night to find that the goats had descended from the mountains and had ventured into the village, and were walking about inspecting the streets and gardens. He started to live tweet the adventures, and before long, other people had hopped on to post pictures of goats in their hedges and outside the shops! :D The goats have been making the most of the lockdown and the absence of any people and look as though they are having lots of fun doing it! :)

You can see the tweets and read the story here! :)
Image Image

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sat 4th Apr 2020

This is such a sweet idea for a thread ^_^

This isn't a huge story or anything, but I follow the Kitten Academy Live Stream, which is a 24/7 live stream run by a couple in Connecticut who specialize in fostering pregnant cats and their kittens. Last night, the most recent momcat gave birth to a batch of four brand new kittens! They are the tiniest beans.
ImageImageImage

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Sun 5th Apr 2020

^ Omg that is so sweet ^_^

And I will share the news that in the UK, as well as the goats in Wales, sheep have been reclaiming old ground. A video was posted of lambs enjoying playing on a roundabout in a child's playground :D
You can read more and see the video here!
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Thu 9th Apr 2020

Today's positive news time! :D

A version of Sesame Street, with two new characters, is being produced to be shown exclusively in the middle east. The idea is that not only will it provide early education services to young people who may not otherwise have access, but the show will help young people process and understand big local topics and associated negative feelings, e.g. war and conflict. You can read more here!
Image Image

Cabaline

Post by Cabaline » Fri 10th Apr 2020

It's time for today's positive news!

This news comes to us from Chicago! The Chicago Animal Control and Care had to announce that all of their animals had been adopted and placed in homes :D
You can read more, and see the pictures of the empty cages, here!
Image Image

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Sat 11th Apr 2020

This might be small but it's the only positive news I can think of... Twenty One Pilots came out with a cute quarantine music video, Level of Concern :awesome:

Great idea for a thread, Cabby!
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.