Should/Do You Care What Others think of you?

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Should/Do You Care What Others think of you?

Post by world is quiet here » Sun 10th Feb 2013

Title says it all. I think you shouldn't till a certain extent. This might be interesting for this: Image
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... 7760f7.jpg

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Re: Should/Do You Care What Others think of you?

Post by Ash Kelp » Mon 11th Feb 2013

My personal opinion on this is probably different from anyone elses, this is looking at it from a purely logical perspective, and so its probably a little different in the real world.

The most important thing in anyone's life is to be happy, this reflects upon their behavior, life, actions, views, friends, etc... Everybody has different standards of happiness which is why no two people are alike. If having others have a high opinion of you is important for your happiness, then go for it, if you can. Never forget yourself, you are always the most important thing in your life, your perspective comes from your eyes, not anyone else. Words that you want to speak should come from your mouth. To me, I don't really care about other people anyway, so I don't care about how others think of me. There are Billions more "yous" than "mes".

Again, the important thing is about how you feel about how other people feel about you (Makes perfect sense right? XD). Society should never force someone to care about anything, and caring about how other people feel about you is no exception.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

xx-Jelly-Fox-xx
Troll

Post by xx-Jelly-Fox-xx » Mon 11th Feb 2013

Nope.avi
You say loving a fictional character is senseless...
I say it's the truest love there is.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Tue 12th Feb 2013

The picture you posted is oft repeated albeit with some variation.
And Jelly, can you explain a little more, maybe?

I think there is a difference between trying to impress people and being liked. I think everyone is entitled to care or not care, just don't be a Kanye West type diva or a cruel catty person showing little remorse if their actions have hurt people (this might mean you are a sociopath... and not "cuddly" Sherlock type, the skeezy serial killer clown kind!)
Because if you are one people will likely see you as such... then you just might start to care!
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction