Childhood Events

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
Twisted Persona
Mud-Man

Childhood Events

Post by Twisted Persona » Wed 12th Dec 2012

A child expects thier parents to show up to the important events in thier lives, and even if they know they won't make it, it still damages the soul to not see them there.
Tonight i went to my 13-year-old brother's christmas concert at his school. He's in choir so he does 2 concerts with his school a year. I always try to make time to go to them to support him and congradulate him, because its important to him and i love my brother. It was me and the person i live with that went to it, but our mother didn't go. She didn't even consider going for a single moment, insisting she was "busy"(even though she had nothing to do until 10 o'clock). I expected this, being that she never attended the important events in any of our lives, even my graduation. My brother knew she wouldn't be there, but he wanted her to be, and he was upset when she wasn't. After the concert he ran up, hugged me, and said, "I'm glad you came."
What i'd like is for you to give me your opinion on wheither parents should be at thier children's special events. Your thoughts on if its bad parenting or not to just not show up. And your general opinions on the topic.

Nol
Mud-Man

Re: Childhood Events

Post by Nol » Wed 12th Dec 2012

That's terrible! She should have came!

CloverKitty
LEP Recruit

Post by CloverKitty » Wed 12th Dec 2012

That's sad, I'm glad my parents come. I wish they wouldn't sometimes but then I think abou how it would be if they never did. But anyway, if your kid wants you to come, I think you should come.

artytwin
Gnome

Post by artytwin » Wed 12th Dec 2012

aw, that's sad. And cute! you're little brother hugged you! adorable :3

why don't you try talking to your mom. In my opinion, what she did was horrible and ego shredding. A mother should support her kids.
On the bright side, now you're sure you'll never do that to your kids.
no i am not obsessed! I JUST LOVE TALKING ABOUT ARTY 24/7!
no i do not love an imaginary person. YES, HE IS REAL! REAL I TELL YOU!
no i am not weird! I AM TOTALLY CRAZY!
If my heart thumps so quickly...When I hear his name
If I drool while reading books...About him everyday
If I cry when his heart...Is full of searing pain
If I laugh when he starts...To scare people away
If I sleep only to wish to wake...and see his shining face
If I eat only to wish to grow ...pointy ears but in dismay
If I live only to dream to join...the fun in his big game
If I breathe only to hope to be...by his dangerous side always
Then I love Arty fowl...And that love is here to stay ~ artytwin
my greatest secret:
<3 j’adore artemis fowl!<3