Why isn't our current world perfect?

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Re: Why isn't our current world perfect?

Post by Ash Kelp » Mon 20th Feb 2012

I think that we can't have "perection", but if everybody were happy that would be perfection enough. No matter how much you try, you are still going to have problems.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Sun 26th Feb 2012

That is because the world is not a wish granting factory.

Now, look at this:

A perfect world. Everyone is fantastic. Whatever.

Then someone gets bored and wrecks havoc.

Just saying... perfection, is boring.
Proud member of Team Foaly!

One more time, one more time...

Pottermore! LeviosaSand28247

I'm off a lot lately. Here is my Wattpad if you want to message me.

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Thu 8th Mar 2012

Perfection cannot exist, end of story. But good can exist. what i'm saying is that good is basically the only possible perfection.

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Thu 3rd May 2012

JLHxXxX wrote:America also sticks its neck into business that doesn't always concern them.
True dat. But that's another topic for debate

So, who says our current world isn't "perfect"?
Image Image
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Post by Ash Kelp » Thu 3rd May 2012

artymon I\/ wrote:So, who says our current world isn't "perfect"?
I do, and i'm sure a lot of starving people do.

artymon I\/
Dwarf Thief

Post by artymon I\/ » Fri 4th May 2012

I'm sure they would...

Sorry, I was being snarky.

My opinion of why cuts down to the fact that there are too many people. And quite simply, you will never achieve a "perfect" society unless it's a society made up of your own personal clones, that is people who think and act and see "perfection" as you do.

I personally tend to agree with Social Darwinism. I know that's cold and I wouldn't be singing that tune if my chips were down.

I was taught that if there's something you want, you have to fight for it, you have to prove yourself worthy. I'm getting off topic a bit... xD
Image Image
The last step in any journey may be the first step of an even greater adventure.
네이트
WARNING: I may post stuff that is not for suited for immature eyes. READ AT YOUR OWN CAUTION

Nautron respoc lorni virch

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Fri 4th May 2012

Well, it's just like around the world. We are not only different, but on a freight train of change. You can't imagine that every single of these thousands of changes are going to follow through without a bump or crash.

Even back then, racism, I believe, helps a lot to keep the world from perfect. It doesn't have to be white and black. It can be French and British, Malaysian and German, whatever. Someone always thinks they're better than someone else, and so you'll never have everyone absolutely, full-heartedly agree.

Think of Rennaisance, the era through the arts, even certain wars if you need. Everything sounds like perfection until you find the corrupters of anything. We know what revenge is, what solitude is, we know what war is and to defeat someone else at such a large scale.

As I said before, perfection would to have a world of robots.. and even that can go wrong.
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Post by Ash Kelp » Tue 15th May 2012

Perfection would be nothing, so that nothing could go wrong.

Felina
LEP Commander
Location: I fell off a pier once. The Kirkwall harbour is really deep.

Post by Felina » Wed 16th May 2012

Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they wanna find a flaw. ~Harley Hartwell
It's a fact. Not all people, and I don't want to insult anyone. But I myself admit that with me it is true. THAT is a reason why world isn't perfect. At least that's my opinion.
I emit a chaos field which distorts time and space and creates chaos everywhere around me. That's why my room is always a mess. Image

♫☂♫ ~Let's go dancing and singing in the rain~ ♫☂♫
Image Image

sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows... Magic
I'm not hiding anything :p except SECRETS...
Shh... SECRET makes a woman, woman

I never understood a reason WHY to be serious??? if weirdness is awesome :D

*~¤~* *-°♣° × °♠° × °♥° × °°-* *~¤~*

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Post by Ash Kelp » Wed 16th May 2012

All humans have a touch of OCD, they can't be happy without knowing they have a purpose, finding and then solving problems gives them a good purpose. It makes sense except being is purpose enough. -Ash Kelp

I agree with myself.

Randomosity
Troll
Location: I'm stuck in my computer! If you are reading this, find me! I'm filed under "Randomosity"

Post by Randomosity » Tue 17th Jul 2012

The world is not perfect because we are stupid humans who are brutal, clever and cruel.
(FAVRIOTE QUOTE)I want to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned Image
This sigge was made by Sara. THANK YOU!!!
Avvie made by skyswallow. THANK YOU ALSO!!!
There is no freedom, just different levels of bondage
Remember that all opinion is an view about the world. Find a place to stand.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Alcohol. the solution- and cause- of all life's problems
ASDF movies are awesome and so are Eddsworld and the TomSka movies. Also Rest In Peace Edd Gould your world will keep on spinning.
COFFEE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!!
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Post by bentj96 » Wed 18th Jul 2012

The world can never be perfect. Us humans went through a lot getting to where we are. We would never be here without brutality or selfishness, but we can never achieve perfection with it.

-Dark Star
I'm a crazy Whovian, watch out!

Karasuthekitsune
Gnome

Post by Karasuthekitsune » Wed 18th Jul 2012

There are so many reasons, but it all boils down to humanity.
We take, but we never give back to the environment. We fight over the pettiest things. We're worse than the "animals" we look down upon. So the only way for perfection to be even within reach is for extinction, and no human wants that, so the world won't be perfect. Our scars on this planet are too deep to fully heal.

rem
Dwarf Miner

Post by rem » Thu 26th Jul 2012

i think it is like the bible in Adam and Eve ate the fruit of knoledge because they found perfection boring without it being earned so they ate the fruit learned of sin became human as we know it so for perfection to be worth anything to us we have to work hard to try to make our world perfect (sorry if i anger anyone but this is what i get from the bible feel free to corect me)

thanks for the sig Sara

TEAM FOALY!

bentj96
LEP Recruit

Post by bentj96 » Thu 26th Jul 2012

^ Nothing will ever be perfect. Ever. If everything goes too well, somebody is faking or else wise does not care. The pursuit to improve is human nature even if a so called perfection is reached. We become lethargic and slightly depressed when we do otherwise.

-Dark Star
I'm a crazy Whovian, watch out!