Why isn't our current world perfect?

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
rem
Dwarf Miner

Re: Why isn't our current world perfect?

Post by rem » Sun 29th Jul 2012

^ there is a reason i had the word "try" there i think if we TRY to become better people we eventialy will if we need the idea of prefection to motivate us then why not strive for it. It beats the alturnitive of being depressed and doing nothing else about it and liveing in the world we live in now where half the world is throwing out good food while the other half staves.

thanks for the sig Sara

TEAM FOALY!

Randomosity
Troll
Location: I'm stuck in my computer! If you are reading this, find me! I'm filed under "Randomosity"

Post by Randomosity » Sun 23rd Dec 2012

Well, we can all agree what we don't like, but not what we like. And my perfect world would be different to your perfect world, and evryone would probably have a different interpritation of 'a perfect world'
(FAVRIOTE QUOTE)I want to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned Image
This sigge was made by Sara. THANK YOU!!!
Avvie made by skyswallow. THANK YOU ALSO!!!
There is no freedom, just different levels of bondage
Remember that all opinion is an view about the world. Find a place to stand.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Alcohol. the solution- and cause- of all life's problems
ASDF movies are awesome and so are Eddsworld and the TomSka movies. Also Rest In Peace Edd Gould your world will keep on spinning.
COFFEE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!!
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Solinium Pulse
Troll

Post by Solinium Pulse » Sun 13th Jan 2013

Our world isn't perfect because there is corruption and greed.
Sol²√\√\√\√\_______

Iris_Cam
Troll

Post by Iris_Cam » Mon 14th Jan 2013

Because nothing can ever last. Even if everyone is happy, we are human and we die and accidents happen, so no one can be happy 100% of the time. And there will always be people who force their own beliefs on other people and/or think that they are so far superior to others that they have a right to harm. And for those, if they are happy, no one else is and if everyone is happy they are not.
Proud member of Team Foaly!

One more time, one more time...

Pottermore! LeviosaSand28247

I'm off a lot lately. Here is my Wattpad if you want to message me.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Mon 21st Jan 2013

because i'm in it. :razz:

Actually, who said the current world isn't perfect? Nobody's perfect without practice and since people live for averagly 80 years they don't experience everything.

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Mon 21st Jan 2013

^Agreed, in some ways our current world is as perfect as it's going to get, becuase the world can't be perfect until the current world is perfect.

I think our world isn't perfect because people spend more time disagreeing than comprimising, which means that very little ever gets done.
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

world is quiet here
Centaur Genius

Post by world is quiet here » Sat 26th Jan 2013

The redeem3r
Dwarf Thief
Location: On a pale blue dot, traveling wherever the Universe takes me

Post by The redeem3r » Sun 17th Feb 2013

Freedom is why. The passive needs for it and the implications it brings to the table.

As a physicist, I've come to absolutely hate the concept of absolute freedom.

The reasons aliens haven't made contact with us because if a species were to become space-faring, they would have no doubt realized that bickering and warring is primitive. They realize that any interaction with humans would be met with hostility on our parts. Only when we can put aside our differences and tear down our borders will be find what we are looking for.