Why isn't our current world perfect?

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Why isn't our current world perfect?

Post by Ash Kelp » Mon 30th Jan 2012

We can't have a perfect world, (the reason is that it would be different for everybody, among others.) and the one we're in now sure isn't close to perfect, for a lot of people.

But what makes it like that, why isn't it, at least good, right now?
It's like Trouble, but with many a variation.

Immortal
Dwarf Thief

Re: Why isn't our current world perfect?

Post by Immortal » Wed 1st Feb 2012

All of us have different views and beliefs, that's why.

I can't really go into specific details, but that's just what I see.
Thanks to Mira-chan for making this awesome sig ^_^

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Wed 1st Feb 2012

It's why humans find superiority over everything. Unlike all other animalistic instincts, we have a rare quality called individuality. We do not all follow the same religion, or adhere to the same rules strictly. We have our minds and hearts to do what we want, and so on.

We can disagree and get away with it. Someone's favorite color could be blue, another's red. It's the whole concept of everyone is different.

A perfect world would mean robots. I don't want robots.
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius
Location: In the great and awesome Cascadia, where the norm is rain, and coffee.

Post by Ash Kelp » Wed 1st Feb 2012

JLHxXxX wrote:we have a rare quality called individuality.
As I like to say "you're Unique just like everybody else"

all of us do have different views on different things, we think in 3D. (as in all of us see stuff from different angles) That's why we can't agree on everything, we can still agree on some things though.

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Fri 3rd Feb 2012

But then we are not perfect. There's always people out there that bluntly express what they feel, even if others disagree.
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~

firebat12
Troll

Post by firebat12 » Thu 9th Feb 2012

Because for thir to smart people there have to be stupid people, no one can make peace, and i hope if we obliterate ourselves a decent race inhabits this place
team artemis is totally wicked: because like artremis i'm a boy genius

I porkchop minecraft

If sanity were curency i wouldn't just be broke, i'd have more debt then america

"War. War never changes.”
— Narrator (Fallout 3)

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. -William Shakespeare

Im a brony

Click the eggs or sick the ponies on u
ImageImageImageImageImage

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Post by Ash Kelp » Thu 9th Feb 2012

firebat12 wrote:and i hope if we obliterate ourselves a decent race inhabits this place
We already have a couple good races, (mostly animals) but even they aren't perfect it's really hard to be perfect, but the real problem is that we humans can't settle for good.

firebat12
Troll

Post by firebat12 » Fri 10th Feb 2012

Well it would b easier o setle for good if we didn't try to wipe each other out
team artemis is totally wicked: because like artremis i'm a boy genius

I porkchop minecraft

If sanity were curency i wouldn't just be broke, i'd have more debt then america

"War. War never changes.”
— Narrator (Fallout 3)

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. -William Shakespeare

Im a brony

Click the eggs or sick the ponies on u
ImageImageImageImageImage

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Post by Ash Kelp » Fri 10th Feb 2012

Yeah, like WW1 and 2, then we decided enough was enough and launched the Atomic bomb. Now only Terrorists attack us cause we can't fight them nuclear(or atomic)ly. but that is getting off topic, the problem is that the terrorists are attacking us in the first place.

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Fri 10th Feb 2012

America also sticks its neck into business that doesn't always concern them.

~HaTheAngel~

That Chick2
Troll

Post by That Chick2 » Thu 16th Feb 2012

Because perfection doesn't exist.

Fowl's_Girl
Dwarf Thief
Location: Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me...

Post by Fowl's_Girl » Thu 16th Feb 2012

Perfection is in the eyes of the beholder, really. While some think one thing is perfect, others might think it isn't. There's always going to be disagreements, whether small scale, such as in-home, or large scale, such as wars.

The world can never be truly perfect, since we're only human, and we each have our own opinions.
Thank you Fowlie!

Well, when all the normal people find out how cool it is to be different, they'll want to be different too. So if everyone is different, then different people will be normal, and the normal people will be different.
┏━━━┳━━━┳┓
┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃
┃┏━━┫┃┏━╋┛
┃┃╋╋┃┗┻━┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛
^^^Thanks Amy!^^^
Member of Team Artemis!
Gnomehat
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls! :wub:

Ash Kelp
Centaur Genius

Post by Ash Kelp » Sat 18th Feb 2012

The only way things can really ever be perfect is if we can't think of any thing that would be more perfect then real life.

If are thoughts of perfection were that we were all slaves, and that was perfect. (I can only imagine that if something 'SCI-FI'y happened) What would happen is that we would think the world was perfect, but it still wasn't to the average outside observer.

Therefore 'perfect' is impossible so good is the new 'perfect'. Except people still aren't happy because it's not a perfect world, so we can't have a perfect world because our view of it is impossible.

That Chick2
Troll

Post by That Chick2 » Sun 19th Feb 2012

Ok so perfect would also world peace. World peace would never last, mostly because the chruch or the government would brand something evil. The branding of making something evil, creates evil in the person who did the branding.

So you see perfection could exist but like World Peace it would never last.

Fowl's_Girl
Dwarf Thief
Location: Can I be the only hope for you? Because you're the only hope for me...

Post by Fowl's_Girl » Sun 19th Feb 2012

Perfect wouldn't necessarily be world peace. Even though world peace may or may not last, if it happens, there could and might still be fighting domestically. For instance, world peace existed, but there are still drugs, alcohol, and abuse.

Perfection only exists if you believe it exists. So, if you think the current world is perfect then it is perfection. Perfection is what we believe it to be.
Thank you Fowlie!

Well, when all the normal people find out how cool it is to be different, they'll want to be different too. So if everyone is different, then different people will be normal, and the normal people will be different.
┏━━━┳━━━┳┓
┃┏━━┫┏━┓┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┗┫┃
┃┏━━┫┃┏━╋┛
┃┃╋╋┃┗┻━┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗━━━┻┛
^^^Thanks Amy!^^^
Member of Team Artemis!
Gnomehat
Proud member of the Loveless Fangirls! :wub: