Good and Evil

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
faerimagic
Centaur Genius
Location: Drawing away the whole day...and missing dinner... *stomach growls*

Good and Evil

Post by faerimagic » Sun 14th Feb 2010

I did use the search engine and did not find anything.

This thread is for discussing which side is better. The Good Side, *points to angel* and the Evil Side, *points to demon*.

Each side has some good points. Some of us prefer a specific side. You can also try to persuade people to join your side.

Also, Good and Evil can be interchangeably used with Light and Dark.

So, that's about it, so now you can debate over that subject now that there is a thread for it.

I'll just start the conversation: I chose the Good side, though sometimes, I find that the Evil side is fun, as long as I'm not forced to hurt anyone.

Edit: I guess you can discuss anything that are opposites. Like what's good and bad. Yin and yang, stuff like that. So long as there are two sides of the scale, you can discuss tat.
Last edited by faerimagic on Tue 6th Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

In order of appearence is Dreads, Belle, Phalaka, Tamakiko, and Harmonia.
I was bored, so I wrote descriptions for all of them. Just scroll down each of their pages to see their random histories.
Team Holly.

Sig made by the awesome FowlStar. :D

Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

Re: Good and Evil

Post by Visorak16 » Mon 15th Feb 2010

I choose the good side. By the way, do you have a definition of what is good and what is evil?
Visorak16 is proud to present All or Nothing My Book!

jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by jsreed5 » Mon 15th Feb 2010

The good side is probably going to win, but the evil side is more epic. :D

Being completely neutral probably isn't allowed, but you didn't say it wasn't so that's what I choose. XD But seriously, I go neutral with almost every issue I look at; VERY rarely do I lean very strongly one way or the other.

Wednesday
Gnome

Post by Wednesday » Mon 15th Feb 2010

faerimagic is right, evil can be fun. Visorak16 has a good point. Does anyone have a definition of what is good and what is evil? Because that would really help with my final decision. Right now, though, I'm kind of leaning towards EVILE! :twisted:
Proud geek. And outcast.

Alanna
Lady Random

Post by Alanna » Mon 15th Feb 2010

Good and evil can be anything, anyone depending on who's eyes the whole thing is seen through. A person that is seen as evil may be doing things outlined as good, but are seen in a different light.

If we're going by the general, all purpose definitions, it really doesn't matter which side. The whole fight creates balance, order and disorder which are all required things.

Me, I think good is the less demanding side of things.
Officially retired. Sorry, but you won't find Alanna around anywhere now. I'm but a ghost.

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Mon 15th Feb 2010

Good and eveil is reallu subjective. It can be shaped in our minds...

according to how we're brought up, what we do, what we see or hear. But there're some very simple things we all agree on: Killing is bad. Helping an old lady cross a road is good.

Of course, if you then 'liberate' the old lady's wallet as 'payment' then it's wrong, because then it would be stealing.

Good and Evil are things almost no one completely agrees on. Even the law can't.
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Mon 15th Feb 2010

I agree with Ala, evil and good are mainly the biggest opinions you could find, with religions, ones where you sacrificed humans to their gods or whatever, that seems evil to us, but probobly good to them, so it goes, what is the defenition of good and evil? It can be alotta things, especially when it comes to religions, but let's not get into that. How about... people think hunting is evil, but some people think hunting is for the greater good, or other things? You can't really debate with anyone about what is good and bad, because it's what their five senses pick up, what their instincts say, and probably how they were raised.
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~

faerimagic
Centaur Genius

Post by faerimagic » Thu 18th Feb 2010

Most villians think they are doing Good. They don't wake up and say, "Oh, let's see what evil I can do...", well not all of them. They may think they are actually doing good. Maybe sometimes, people that we see as Good, may actually accidentaly doing something bad.

I was bored, so I wrote descriptions for all of them. Just scroll down each of their pages to see their random histories.
Team Holly.

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Thu 18th Feb 2010

And robbers? Everyone has to eat, sleep, have shelter, right? I don't mean those flithy stinking rich robbers, but the really poor ones you catch on TV sometimes, what would you do if you had no food, money, or shelter? They seem to think this is OK, or good, because they want to live, any instinct y'all can understand!
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~

Wednesday
Gnome

Post by Wednesday » Sat 20th Feb 2010

I disagree with faerimagic. I believe that a lot of villians probably wake up and say "What evil can I do today?" . I might.
Proud geek. And outcast.

hollyroxsmysoxs
Mud-Man

Post by hollyroxsmysoxs » Sun 21st Feb 2010

I think that there should be a balance of things, and I love kind deeds, but I also like the twisted maniac evil :twisted: , it's definetly funner, and there is no rules to be followed, I would love that!!! I can under standthe urge of kindness but also the urge to do something bad for once, I feel it all the time in school. :peace: and :modpower:.
It is better to SEEM good, than to BE bad.

faerimagic
Centaur Genius

Post by faerimagic » Tue 23rd Feb 2010

Well, like a villian may think that they could make the world a better place by taking over the world.
But is that the best way?
A good person may say that you should try to convince people to help make the world a better place, but how long'll that take? I mean, there's so much people, and some people are just unwilling to cooperate.

Team Holly.

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Tue 23rd Feb 2010

^Faerie, that reminds me of the TMI (The Mortal Instruments series)

So you see, Valentine was evil to everyone else, but he thought he was doing the right thing, the thing that needed to be done.

So you see? Faerie's correct.

~HaTheAngel~

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Tue 23rd Feb 2010

I remember there was an actor... and I don't remember which actor it was... but he was doing an interview.

And someone asked him, which is harder to play, the hero or the villain?

And he said that they were both equal, that you play them the same way, because everyone thinks themselves to be righteous and it doesn't make a difference.

I mean, there's psychopaths, who are different entirely. They like causing pain. They might even know it's wrong. But for them they can't process why. They can't understand other people's minds, they even have a hard time recognizing emotion.

I think in general most people think that they're right or, at the very least entitled. If someone understands the wrongness of what s/he's doing it's harder to do it.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Wednesday
Gnome

Post by Wednesday » Mon 1st Mar 2010

codeblackrose is wrong, in my opinion. What if that old lady that i helped across the street is Evile? Hmm?
Proud geek. And outcast.