Tattoo's and piercings

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Tattoo's and piercings

Post by Meova » Wed 4th Feb 2009

I still think you should be allowed to do what you want. I mean, it's your body. You know that you should take good care of it, and not do anything you will regret. So, I also still stick with my opinion that you should think carefully before taking a tattoo. Piercings too, of course, but at least you can still take them out... Which is why I often prefer piercings over tattoos.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Sat 7th Feb 2009

Some people get tattoos they don't want later on in life. I've heard that lasering tattoos are even more painful than getting them.
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Sat 7th Feb 2009

I've had lasering b4, and ur right. They aren't fun

Meova

Post by Meova » Sat 7th Feb 2009

Yeah, that's true. Your taste changes in life, or you do something you regret later on. That's just a risk you take, but you take the same risk when you go to the hairdresser to cut your hair short when you have long hair (though that's not as permanent). It's just up to you whether you want to take that risk.
ImageImageImageImage

Father1005
Centaur Genius

Post by Father1005 » Sat 7th Feb 2009

I think Tattos are kinda.. well to be perfectly honest.. stupid. They serve no purpose, just to be there, they cost money to get, and even if they don't hurt almost at all to get one,(actually it depends where you get it) but the process of the actual removal is very painful.
There's no telling who you will be
When you RP

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Meova

Post by Meova » Sat 7th Feb 2009

I have to disagree with you, Father. Because
1. It can serve a purpose, like remembering a loved one, dealing with stuff, leaving behind a harsh period, etc.
2. Yeah, they cost money, but so does a haircut, the groceries, clothes, etc.
3. It might be painful, but it seems like you assume everyone will regret their tattoo's later on, and will want to remove them. This is definitely not the case, and even if it is, people will know about that before they get a tattoo.
ImageImageImageImage

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Sat 7th Feb 2009

I'm ok with tattoo's, its your body. But I don't think I'd go extreme (like all over your body) cuz you might not like how it turns out, or regret it later.

But, tattoo's themself is ok. I've always kinda wanted one. (a smallish one around my ankle :P )

Father1005
Centaur Genius

Post by Father1005 » Sun 8th Feb 2009

Meova Said:
1. It can serve a purpose, like remembering a loved one, dealing with stuff, leaving behind a harsh period, etc.
3. It might be painful, but it seems like you assume everyone will regret their tattoo's later on, and will want to remove them. This is definitely not the case, and even if it is, people will know about that before they get a tattoo.

With some of these things, you have a point. but, even if a tatoo can serve a purpose, like the ones metioned above, so can many other things. Pictures, hobbies and many other things can serve the same purpose as your #1 does above.
Well, of course, haircuts, groceries, and clothes cost money, of corse, but those three are nessisary. Tatoo's aren't.
I know that many will not regret getting a tatoo, but some might, and I'm in no way against tatoos, I just think that when you are trying to look like you know waht your doing in a job, having a tatoo usa;;y won't halp the cause. Unless it's a tatoo parlor.
There's no telling who you will be
When you RP

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Wed 11th Feb 2009

You know those tattoos? With the needle thingys? I won't consider getting that unless I was seriously devoted. That is painful. My uncle had a tattoo, and he said it hurt like (S'cuse me) hell.
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Fri 4th Sep 2009

I don't like tattoos.
They look kind of sloppy (at least the big ones), can cause skin cancer, and look REALLY bad when you're old.

(This line is for Christians, no offense intended to those who aren't religious):
Also, God says not to mark your body with things like tattoos;

Leviticus 19:28:
You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Fri 4th Sep 2009

Father1005 wrote:
Meova Said:

With some of these things, you have a point. but, even if a tatoo can serve a purpose, like the ones metioned above, so can many other things. Pictures, hobbies and many other things can serve the same purpose as your #1 does above.
Well, of course, haircuts, groceries, and clothes cost money, of corse, but those three are nessisary. Tatoo's aren't.
I know that many will not regret getting a tatoo, but some might, and I'm in no way against tatoos, I just think that when you are trying to look like you know waht your doing in a job, having a tatoo usa;;y won't halp the cause. Unless it's a tatoo parlor.

Weird, you told me if anyone had a single tatoo or a peircing other then the ear, you'd never ever wanna even consider dating that person. So, to me, it seems like your really against tattoos

Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Visorak16 » Fri 4th Sep 2009

Hard to argue with Leviticus. I looked in the context and it isn't with just ceremonial laws(like how and when to sacrifice) but with the moral ones. I was never a fan of tattoos, but this takes it to a higher level. Besides the moral reasons, there are the safety issues mentioned earlier. Then there is the risk of not liking the tattoo after it's put on. Tip, put it on your arm, so you can cut off the appendage if you don't like the tattoo later. As for the piercings, I think it's fine for girls to get them on their ears. I'm not a big fan of big dangly things, but the little sparkly ones are nice, for girls. Guys should probably just avoid them all together.
Visorak16 is proud to present All or Nothing My Book!

HollyShort9

*scratches head* Yeah. Um.
nor print any marks upon you
You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh

Piercings cut into the flesh when you get them and they leave marks after you take them out... therefore piercings fall into those categories as well..
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Visorak16
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Visorak16 » Fri 4th Sep 2009

Isn't cutting when you make yourself bleed, and it said don't make cuttings for the dead. Don't want to get legalistic(but I am the son of a lawyer).
Visorak16 is proud to present All or Nothing My Book!

HollyShort9

I asked my mom, she said anything that cuts your flesh or leaves a mark that you do willingly OR to yourself falls under that category. Therefore, piercings, cutting yourself, and tattoos all fall under that category.