Tattoo's and piercings

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Tattoo's and piercings

Post by HollyShort9 » Wed 26th Nov 2008

Alright, I don't judge people right away if I see someone with a lot of tattoos and piercings, but if you do like a tattoo here and a tattoo there and a few piercings here and there, you look kinda... scary. That's why I don't want to get a tattoo (that and the fact that 1. it's permanent and 2. they hurt. A LOT.) and I'm thinking about maybe getting another piercing above the one I have in one/both of my ears when I'm like.. 19-20.
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Sofie
LEP Commander

Post by Sofie » Wed 26th Nov 2008

Oh, when I'm 18... When I'm 18 I want a septum piercing, a lip piercing, plugs in my ears, The letters AF in gnommish on my neck, a red star on my hip, and the Powerpuff Girls on my chest, a song quote written in my own symbols across my wrist... I've also been thinking about a corset piercing up my neck, but that sounds kinda dangerous...

I want LOADS of tattoos and piercings... Unless I decide to pursue an acting career, of course, in which case I don't want more than I can cover up with makeup. I have two years left before I'm allowed, anyway... ^^
ImageImageImage

/b/
LEP Commander

Post by /b/ » Thu 27th Nov 2008

HollyShort9 wrote:Alright, I don't judge people right away if I see someone with a lot of tattoos and piercings, but if you do like a tattoo here and a tattoo there and a few piercings here and there, you look kinda... scary. That's why I don't want to get a tattoo (that and the fact that 1. it's permanent and 2. they hurt. A LOT.) and I'm thinking about maybe getting another piercing above the one I have in one/both of my ears when I'm like.. 19-20.

Oh come on Holly, you are way too young to know what you'll do when you're 14, and not to speak about 18 or more. Your opinion will change drastically and you'll laugh at what you thought when you were younger, if you even remember that. So, you can't speak that long term. Heck, I can't say what I'll do next year at this time, since I'm going to University next year and lots will change. And there are even more changes before you get to 18, so, think again before saying what you'll do in almost 10 years ;)

I love you guys :]

BlackOpal

Post by BlackOpal » Thu 27th Nov 2008

Completely irrelevant: When my friends and I were ten we made a time capsule saying what we thought we'd look like when we were sixteen.
We opened it last year.
Oh my, haha. It was HILARIOUS. XD

Anyways...

Yeah, tattoos hurt. That's really the only deterrent for me. I'd like a little one. Something I could hide and something personal.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Kagoma_Kage
LEP Recruit

Post by Kagoma_Kage » Sat 29th Nov 2008

I wore a lot of jewelry when I was younger (12-14).
I won't get into details.
Thank god I grew out of that.

Now it's like this:
Two thin silver bangles on one arm / one on the other.
One platinum/diamond ring.
Some modern silver dangling earrings, whatever strikes my mood.

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Sun 30th Nov 2008

I thought we were talking about tattoos and piercings, not about how much jewelry we wear/used to wear?
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Sofie
LEP Commander

Post by Sofie » Sun 30th Nov 2008

HollyShort9 wrote:I thought we were talking about tattoos and piercings, not about how much jewelry we wear/used to wear?

This is FG, cakes, we're famous for our off-topic ness ;)

Neeways, we probably should get back to the theme.
When I was a kid I was also scared of people with piercings and tattoos, but I now sort of detest myself for it, because I mean, HOW prejudging is that? 60% of my friends have piercings(not old enough for tattoos..), and they're highly intelligent, sympathetic people- One works at a church, one gets straight A's and has perfect order, and one runs around town helping old people across the road.
So they're definitely not all nihilists...
ImageImageImage

Captain Short 711
Centaur Genius

Post by Captain Short 711 » Fri 5th Dec 2008

I think I've changed my mind. I would like a tattoo that says "Twilight" in Edwards handwriting across my wrist but it has to sort of repeat around the whole wrist and then it would sort of look like a bracelet and I wouldn't regret it when I'm older!So tattoos are okay as long as you don't cover your skin do much with them that you look like a lizard. XD But I still don't like piercings that aren't in your ears though.

HollyShort9

Post by HollyShort9 » Fri 5th Dec 2008

Yeah, I agree with Sofie. Some people may LOOK like freakshows, but most of the time they're nice.

BlackOpal

Post by BlackOpal » Fri 5th Dec 2008

HollyShort9 wrote:I thought we were talking about tattoos and piercings, not about how much jewelry we wear/used to wear?

It's the same general idea.
Earings and piercings are jewelry. That's just taking it one step further. As long as we don't start talking about something ridiculous, it's fine.
That statement, however, was off-topic.

I think getting a tattoo of Twilight would definitely be something you'd regret.
No offence meant, but I'd judge someone who had a Twilight tattoo. I wouldn't mean to, but to me it seems like that person would be getting a little too into a book world instead of real life, or something that is real to you.

Yeah, a lot of people with tattoos are really nice, same with people with piercings.
You just have to get to know them, really. They might be mean, but so might a tattoo-less person.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Star Jinin
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by Star Jinin » Mon 8th Dec 2008

Yes, because that WOULD be too extreme. I would understand getting a tattoo for a fave band, but a BOOK?

I have some neutral feelings towards tattoos, but I usually don't get them tattooed where anyone can see them. I think double piercings are cool though XD Especially silver ones. I like silver.

I just tend to think of usually pierced people and tattooed people as feisty and a little 'out there'. :)

I live in a bit more rural than urban area, so tattoos are actually quite uncommon, which probably leads to my biased opinions.
Smut solves EVERYTHING!! :D

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Tue 30th Dec 2008

Yeah, right. I pierced my ear once, then it got infected, and I had to rush out of class and go to the A and E department to get the earing out. That HURT.

But it was nice while it lasted anyway.

Tattoos... I think it's fine, so long as it's not too obvious or big or painful. I just don't get why people get those tattoos if they're painful. That's called... erm... yeah, self-mutilation, as shrinks call it.

Yeah, and almost everyone I know has ONE piercing in their ear. It's pretty common, everyone has earings, but really nothing else.
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Thu 1st Jan 2009

I actually have a skin condtion, and my skin is very sensitive (I got an infection just by peircing my ears!) and I'm allergic to nickel, this really limitsw my options. I'm afraid if I get a tattoo like I orginaly said, I fear it will go nasty and red, so I'm gonna stick to tattoo paper (Then I can have my Ellen Faustino pin-up tat, but it would wash off in three days. LOL)

P.S. I never really want to get a tattoo because I fear I will become my english teacher (she has hoop earings and a dolphin on her ankle :O) Only the best in education for the children of The Main Line. . .
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Fri 30th Jan 2009

Yeah, best stick to temporary ones...
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!

KierisaNOT12
it's over 9000

Post by KierisaNOT12 » Wed 4th Feb 2009

i have pierced ears... but I dont think I'd wanna pierce anything else..

As for tattoo's, my mom said I COULD! :D Bu-ut, my skin scars. I have surgery when I was seven, and I still have a 7 in thick purple scar :shock:

So, I think it's OK to get I tattoo or two (not going extreme), and piercing should stay at a minimum.. in my opinion