Tattoo's and piercings

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
Meova
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Tattoo's and piercings

Post by Meova » Thu 21st Aug 2008

If you get one, you should go to a good one, with qualifications, etc., and maybe pay a little bit more or so, but at least you know it'll be done correctly. Don't go to a dark store somewhere in the back where you can get a tattoo for a little bit money, but get home with an infection or disease.
ImageImageImageImage
My LiveJournal. Spread the word! ;)
Darvit, 1holly, and also our beloved /b/, we'll never forget you!
AugNo Winner of 2009! :awesome:
1/4/10. Watch it. It'll be huge.

Holly Tall
Dwarf Thief
Location: A party. maybe. Oh! I know! i am on the moon partying with all of the aliens

Post by Holly Tall » Wed 27th Aug 2008

when it comes to tattoos I have mixed feelings. i think that they can look nice but they also kinda creep me out and, like people have mentioned, they look a little unprofessional.
i really want a nose stud though. I think that they look pretty nice. any piercings besides one on each ear and a nose stud can start to make you look scary. sometimes. those would be the only piercings I would want though.

Meova

Post by Meova » Wed 27th Aug 2008

I can get really mad when people judge other people because they have a tattoo. Who cares? It's not like they all use drugs or get into fights often! But, well, there's nothing to be done about it. People will have prejudices about everyone.
ImageImageImageImage

Holly Tall
Dwarf Thief
Location: A party. maybe. Oh! I know! i am on the moon partying with all of the aliens

Post by Holly Tall » Wed 27th Aug 2008

that's true and you shouldn't judge people if they have a tattoo...but (I may be wrong) didn't tattoo's get popular after gangs started to get them? so that could be why some people judge tattoo's.

Meova

Post by Meova » Sat 30th Aug 2008

I don't really know about that. But I think that because there were a couple (or a lot, I don't know) criminals who had been caught, and had tattoo's, people assume tattoo's with piercings. Most people associate things.
ImageImageImageImage

BlackOpal

Post by BlackOpal » Sun 31st Aug 2008

Haha, something somebody said today totally reminded me of this thread.
At work we have this regular who has tattoos OF piercings. It's a double whammy.
Anyways, he looks all gothic and scary, but he's super nice.
He gave drive a twenty one day and paid for every person in line behind him's coffee.
Now all of the girls think that he's absolutely gorgeous. XD
Even though his tattoos are really weird looking, nobody can help but think he's hot because he's so nice. XD
I just thought that anecdote would fit here nicely.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Meova

Post by Meova » Mon 1st Sep 2008

Thanks, Opal :) That exactly shows us why not to judge people who have tattoos. We're not all scary, you know ;)
ImageImageImageImage

Captain Short 711
Centaur Genius

Post by Captain Short 711 » Sat 6th Sep 2008

I think peircings are really revolting.tattoos look unproffesional and they're forever and if you get too much or a too bold one you look like a wannabe gangster, you set a bad example for your children and at about 35 or maybe younger your going to start regretting it. but i agree, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. and they can look nice...(if you get the right one)

Meova

Post by Meova » Sun 7th Sep 2008

Captain Short 711 wrote:I think peircings are really revolting.
at about 35 or maybe younger your going to start regretting it.

For the first one, I have a question. What do you think of earrings?
And for the second... If you've given it a lot of thought, I don't think you will regret it. If you do something impulsive, there's a big chance you will regret it. But if you gave it a lot of thought, let's say, 5 years, I don't think you will regret it.
ImageImageImageImage

Captain Short 711
Centaur Genius

Post by Captain Short 711 » Tue 16th Sep 2008

Meova wrote:
Captain Short 711 wrote:I think peircings are really revolting.
at about 35 or maybe younger your going to start regretting it.

For the first one, I have a question. What do you think of earrings?
And for the second... If you've given it a lot of thought, I don't think you will regret it. If you do something impulsive, there's a big chance you will regret it. But if you gave it a lot of thought, let's say, 5 years, I don't think you will regret it.

I think Earrings are different because they make you look nice and they are in places where you dont look like an Idiot unlike peircings which are in really gross and uncomfortable places like in the middle of your tongue, your lip, your nose and even your eyebrows! and your probably right about the second one but you'd have to think it over pretty well.

Meova

Post by Meova » Tue 16th Sep 2008

Earrings aren't a different story. They're piercings, end of story. Most people don't realise that. And you might think that other piercings don't look nice, that's your opinion, but I'm just saying that basically, earrings are the same thing as tongue piercings, only more accepted.
ImageImageImageImage

Kagoma_Kage
LEP Recruit

Post by Kagoma_Kage » Fri 3rd Oct 2008

I don't personally like either, but I used to have my ears each double pierced.
Although you can't tell now because I fooled around and left the earrings out for a day and the upper ones closed up. (My ears heal quickly.) But I might get them redone someday.

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Sat 4th Oct 2008

My left ear is double-pierced. I used to wear a dangling earring and a diamond stud on my left ear, and a single diamond stud on my right ear. On a related note regarding excessive jewelry, I also wear three silver rings on my right hand (index, middle, and ring finger) and a single gold ring on my left index finger. All that's changed, lately because apparently, double piercings and excessive rings are thought to be "unprofessional". We're only allowed a single band on the left ring finger, and since I'm not married nor engaged, I just go ring-less when I'm at the hospital. I know this girl, a resident, who had to get rid of her pink hair dye because healthcare professionals are supposed to look "normal". Meh. :?
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image

Meova

Post by Meova » Sun 5th Oct 2008

You work at the hospital, Dar? I didn't know that... What kind of work d'you do there?
Anyway, I don't wear nearly as much jewellery as Dar used to ;) I only wear a necklace and a ring (which I kinda feel obliged to, since I inherited it.) I do have my ears pierced, but I almost never wear earrings anymore, only to make sure the holes don't close up... I'm not such a fan of excessive jewellery, but if you like it... It's the same as with tattoo's, some people like it, some don't.
ImageImageImageImage

Captain Short 711
Centaur Genius

Post by Captain Short 711 » Tue 7th Oct 2008

Meova wrote:You work at the hospital, Dar? I didn't know that... What kind of work d'you do there?
Anyway, I don't wear nearly as much jewellery as Dar used to ;) I only wear a necklace and a ring (which I kinda feel obliged to, since I inherited it.) I do have my ears pierced, but I almost never wear earrings anymore, only to make sure the holes don't close up... I'm not such a fan of excessive jewellery, but if you like it... It's the same as with tattoo's, some people like it, some don't.

yeah, I dont wear a lot of jewellery either, only the odd bracelet or necklace when Im out (like to the Cinemas,Shopping, etc.) I used to always have somekind of earring in (studs and little ringy things mostly) but I never wear them anymore, Dunno why.