Is God Real?

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
Criminal Mastermind
Centaur Genius

Post by Criminal Mastermind » Thu 4th Jan 2007

Is there a god? Where is he? What about fossils of early humans? If there is a god why doesn't he stop war?

Criminal Mastermind
Centaur Genius

Again I say sorry if the offends anyone.

ElisabethHall
Dwarf Miner

Post by ElisabethHall » Thu 4th Jan 2007

Criminal Mastermind wrote: Is there a god? Where is he? What about fossils of early humans? If there is a god why doesn't he stop war?

I'm torn, really. :D

Well, I think that there is a god. Though this sentence is kinda super-religious to some, I've felt it before. So yes, I think that there is a god (why am I repeating myself?) but about early humans and such, I think that sort of thing is just faith for me. Where is he? Everywhere, I think.

Disclaimer: Not meant to offend anyone! :-)

elisabeth
Of all things, I didn't come on to FG to see my name displayed in the pretty Birthday Box. :-( Now I'll have to wait till next year.

Sofie
LEP Commander

Post by Sofie » Thu 4th Jan 2007

Okay, some people might be really offended by this- I apologize. It's just how I am.
If you have read the Darren Shan series, you'll know this guy who's like... Destiny... I don't know his English name, but he's like this guy who just goes around taking pleasure in altering the world and making it chaotic, amusing himself by causing disasters etc... That's how I see God. Now please don't be mad. >.<
ImageImageImage

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Thu 4th Jan 2007

I believe in God because I find it hard not to. I mean, I look around the world and everything is so perfect, even if you look at something as simple as the human body, it really is complex, system after system. I don't see how these perfect designs could be made by chance, these particals happened to get together, and this happened like this, even though these things don't seem likely. I think a being would've had to create it. But then again, how did things just happen to create this being? I don't know, but I look around and I see design in everything. So maybe not the Christian God, persay, but something.

What about fossils of early humans? If there is a god why doesn't he stop war?

I think if there is a God he set down his laws, and let people follow them. I think evolution and religion can find some medium where they meet. I also think s/he doesn't stop war because s/he doesn't want to control us like that, we aren't her/his toys, we are her/his children.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

dee_sequel
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by dee_sequel » Thu 4th Jan 2007

God doesn't stop the wars because he created us with free. will. he doesn't want us to be his puppets. yet He's always there after the war to create positive reprocussions.
ATTENTION! for all Netherworlds readers, I am still updating on DA!
https://iesnoth.deviantart.com/gallery/

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Thu 4th Jan 2007

dee_sequel wrote: God doesn't stop the wars because he created us with free.. will. he doesn't want us to be his puppets. yet He's always there after the war to create positive reprocussions.

but why does he create "natural" desasters(sp??) then????

Criminal Mastermind
Centaur Genius

Minerva_Paradizo wrote:
dee_sequel wrote: God doesn't stop the wars because he created us with free.... will. he doesn't want us to be his puppets. yet He's always there after the war to create positive reprocussions.

yeah that, if is real, is like toying(sp) with us. And what created god? something can't just be, it has to be created

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Thu 4th Jan 2007

Criminal Mastermind wrote:
Minerva_Paradizo wrote:
dee_sequel wrote: God doesn't stop the wars because he created us with free.... will. he doesn't want us to be his puppets. yet He's always there after the war to create positive reprocussions.

yeah that, if is real, is like toying(sp) with us. And what created god? something can just be, it has to be created

yeah everthing has to be made. and in the bible there is mention's of hell but i thought god was sposed to forgive people!!!!

dee_sequel
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by dee_sequel » Fri 5th Jan 2007

yeah that, if is real, is like toying(sp) with us. And what created god? something can just be, it has to be created

disasters were brought on by man's first sin. in the beginning the world was perfect, but man was greedy and caused God to punish them and the world to come because of the sins they would commit.

God is like a circle. no beginning and no end. there's alot we don't know about God, but there's alot we don't know about Artemis Fowl. But we still love him. ^_^

CaptainHollyShort
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by CaptainHollyShort » Fri 5th Jan 2007

I think that there are great reasons for a God and great reasons why there isn't. It just comes down to waht you choose.
History is written in the blood of its people.

What exactly is a French before its fried?

~Pendragon

If I had a sister, I'm sure she'd be inconsolable.

Hey, Mulch, if you listen really hard you can just about make out the sound of nobody giving a hoot.

~Artemis Fowl

dee_sequel
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by dee_sequel » Sun 7th Jan 2007

sad but true.

Hanyou Kitty
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Hanyou Kitty » Sun 7th Jan 2007

What about fossils of early humans?

Well it certinly proves creationism wrong. :lol: I'm not going to lie. I'm not Christian. I'm not Buddhist either. Nor am I Wiccan, Muslim Jewish or even Athiest. I'm nothing and everything. *waves hands* wooo...
I think that most of the Bible is a pile of rubbish and should not be taken so literally.

I think so too, but only because it was writen by like, a hundred different people and (according to my brother) often contradicts itself.
If you have read the Darren Shan series, you'll know this guy who's like... Destiny... I don't know his English name, but he's like this guy who just goes around taking pleasure in altering the world and making it chaotic, amusing himself by causing disasters etc... That's how I see God.

Well if I had limitless powers over every living creature, that?s certinly what I?d do. :lol:
And what created god? something can't just be, it has to be created

You're going in circles here. If you find something that created "God", you're going to want to know what created that, and before that, and before that and back and back and...
I look around the world and everything is so perfect, even if you look at something as simple as the human body, it really is complex, system after system.

I agree with this too. The human body is an amazing thing. In fact, nature is an amazing thing. Some people say there are no miricales. Look around. Look at yourself. How can we not be a miricale? As amazing as the human body is, it does not account for us. The part of you that's reading this message. The part that decides wether to reply or not. The part that lives your everyday life, writes, feels, creates! That's not electricity in nerve endings. That's something else.
And no, I can't spell miricale.
I beleive there is a force. But not in the form of a human, and certinly not classified into a gender. Least of all male. Realy. Perhaps there is a supernatural force bending the universe, ever so slightly, to it's will. Perhaps in a weird way it is the universe. Or is that weird-mind-bendy-twisty-head-hurty for you too? (I'm going to need an Advil.)
What about war, Criminal Mastermind? When there are infinate other possibilities of life in the universe, do you really think it's got time to babysit our little tiny blue planet in the middle of nowhere? It's a "miricale" we're not a small cluster of dull grey radioactive dust as it is. :lol:
Well that's my opinion. And possibly the longest message I've ever posted. I'm going to go take my Advil now.
Yes their is going to be a sixth one. There was anyway, but he's writing extra fast with a gun on his neck. I wonder who is doing that? *CoughHanyouKittyCough*" -minervaparzadio
I'm reading Dracula, I'm listening to Shi-Kuretto Karuma Serenade (Not that you care, lol)

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Sun 7th Jan 2007

dee_sequel wrote:
but why does he create "natural" desasters(sp??) then?????

disasters were brought on by man's first sin. in the beginning the world was perfect, but man was greedy and caused God to punish them and the world to come because of the sins they would commit.

God is like a circle. no beginning and no end. there's alot we don't know about God, but there's alot we don't know about Artemis Fowl. But we still love him. ^_^

but god does forgiveness and i'm pretty sure all those people who wear affected wanted forgiveness but no he has to go kill some people.

LEP Officer Bud Sparx
Troll

Post by LEP Officer Bud Sparx » Sun 7th Jan 2007

Criminal Mastermind wrote: Is there a god? Where is he? What about fossils of early humans? If there is a god why doesn't he stop war?

war isnt stopped because it is our fault. the bible says that we committed sin, and now we are in a world where god governs but allows us to do as we will because we act as though we dont need Him. wars just send people on to his world.
Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums

I like shiny things

"...And mortal folk should all beware,who brave the longest night,
Of wickedness and trickedness--of fell, unseelie wight."
-The Lady of The Sorrows, by Cecilia Dart-Thornton

"On my word
I want you,
And it will be so
While I have life."
-The Battle of Evernight, by Cecilia Dart-Thornton

"Buck did not read the newspapers, or he would have known that trouble was brewing..."
-The Call of The Wild, by Jack London

"Tough titty, said the kitty, 'cause the milk tastes good."
-Jack Black, WORLDS GREATEST ROCKER!!!

"Play the best song in the world, or I'll eat your soul."
-the Demon from Tribute, by Tenacious D