Homosexuality

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
Ally Kat
LEPrecon Officer

Re: Homosexuality

Post by Ally Kat » Wed 29th Dec 2010

To me it's not an issue. To me these sort of barriers is just sort of something in the human mind. Because someone may be different from you or have different ideals or sexual preference it is a natural human reaction to either be afraid of them or dislike them. At the same time, we "live" by "all people are created equel". Well, how are we if we still have discrimination against someone who's gay or bi or a different religion from you? Does that make it right? No, it doesn't. Honestly, it really isn't effecting you personally. What right does a straight person to tell a gay person "you should like insert opposite sex here"? They don't do it to us. It not like what they are doing really makes that much of an impact other than the fact that people do make a big deal about it.

We have no right to discriminate someone just because of something like this. Now, if you genuenly do not like them for their personality -not just because of being gay or bi- or because they really are a bad person, they are going to be treated a bit differently than your best friend. But someone should not be treated any differently than someone else just because they like another girl instead of a guy.

Just my personal opinion on the topic.

I’m not calling for a second chance,
I’m screaming at the top of my voice.
Give me reason, but don’t give me choice,
Because I’ll just make the same mistake again.

ashyartemispotozuko
Troll

Post by ashyartemispotozuko » Wed 29th Dec 2010

One of my bffs is a homosexual. i've always been okay with homosexuals, and when he came to me and told me he was a homosexual, i was touched. touched that he could trust me with his secret. but you know what? i shouldn't have felt touched. he should be brave! there's not a single thing wrong with being a homosexual.

he should be able to jump to the rooftops and shout, "I got a boyfriend!" just as girls should be able to. so why? why has this world turned homosexuality into a morality thing? He has as much right as i do to date men. you know, in the US there are states which completly outlaw gay marrage? that's just wrong!

why must we pick on the minority when we're the majority! this world is just spining so wrong!!!
THANK YOU SARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check out my AF video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLWGWizo4w

And also check out my AF Fanfiction at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8468806/1/The-Sacrifice

Beckett Simpleton
Troll

Post by Beckett Simpleton » Fri 21st Jan 2011

I agrees. I can't see anything wrong with it. If my friend came up to me and said she was gay, I wouldn't mind. But when she came up to me and said she was EMO aged 11 i got cheesed off. What do you have to be sad about age 11? But I think I knocked it out of her, because I told her she was being stupid. But a lot louder.
Fairies. Something about... Fairies...

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Sat 22nd Jan 2011

Beckett Simpleton wrote:I agrees. I can't see anything wrong with it. If my friend came up to me and said she was gay, I wouldn't mind. But when she came up to me and said she was EMO aged 11 i got cheesed off. What do you have to be sad about age 11? But I think I knocked it out of her, because I told her she was being stupid. But a lot louder.
Woah woah you did what? It's a state of MIND what goes on. At 11? There's PLENTY to be sad about!!! She could've been abused, raped, God knows what! Maybe her parents are giving her a hard time? If a friend walks up to you and says they're upset, and you call them stupid, I can guarentee they won't take it lightly. People cut, commit suicide, everything. For all this verbal excuse.

I haven't dated a girl yet, though I do want to date one. And trust me, my friends are christian. They DESPISE the word "Bi, gay, or lesbian"
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~

Ally Kat
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Ally Kat » Sat 22nd Jan 2011

JLHxXxX wrote: And trust me, my friends are christian. They DESPISE the word "Bi, gay, or lesbian"
That's another thing I don't get. Why should religion effect something like this? If the bible says it's wrong, does that make it wrong? The bible says a lot of things we think are wrong today are good (such as slavery). Does that mean that, essentially, we're being idiots by getting rid of it? The thing about the bible is that it doesn't change, it can't. There is no modern version.

Not to get off topic, but I will admit there are some things to take from the bible (Ten Commandments, Golden Rule, etc), but there's a lot that should be left behind as we as a society progress.

I’m not calling for a second chance,
I’m screaming at the top of my voice.
Give me reason, but don’t give me choice,
Because I’ll just make the same mistake again.

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sun 23rd Jan 2011

Ally Kat wrote:
JLHxXxX wrote: And trust me, my friends are christian. They DESPISE the word "Bi, gay, or lesbian"
That's another thing I don't get. Why should religion effect something like this? If the bible says it's wrong, does that make it wrong? The bible says a lot of things we think are wrong today are good (such as slavery). Does that mean that, essentially, we're being idiots by getting rid of it? The thing about the bible is that it doesn't change, it can't. There is no modern version.

Not to get off topic, but I will admit there are some things to take from the bible (Ten Commandments, Golden Rule, etc), but there's a lot that should be left behind as we as a society progress.
I think a lot of that is covered in the New Testament, if I'm not glaringly missing the point. In a sense, it has changed. Granted, it changed a very long time ago, but it is, I believe no longer in there that some of the things people point out as pointless and wrong have been omitted or changed. This is coming from someone who is about as far from Christian as possible, so a) I might not have my facts straight, and b) I'm neither defending it, nor slighting you.

Also, I don't think it's true that all Christians take badly to that sort of thing; I don't see HS9 running around telling anybody who they should like, or anyone else here. Assuming that because someone is Christian (or any other religion that might happen to speak out against homosexuality, for that matter) means that they will automatically condemn homosexuals or bisexuals is generally doing the same thing we are speaking against in doing so: blanket judgment, in a way.

Also, AK, if you want to discuss things in the bible that might be outdated or things we should and should not follow, you can head on over to Cookie's "Why Can't I Own a Canadian?" thread. :) Just to keep things organized.
online more often than you probably assume
tumblr & ao3

A Passing Bookworm
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by A Passing Bookworm » Sun 23rd Jan 2011

I once heard a theory — I'm not sure from where, though, I don't remember — That homosexual love is the only true love, as heterosexual love is fueled partially by the human instinct to reproduce, and that people are wired to be attracted to the opposite sex because of the need to reproduce. In a homosexual relationship, there is no chance for reproduction, which makes rules out that instinct. If you look at it that way, it does seem that homosexual lobe is the only true love.

I don't agree with that though, mainly because I haven't seen all the evidence there is — I don't remember the source, so I wasnt able to check the facts — and because, well, everyone can love, in my opinion. :)

Still, if anyone knows the source of this theory, I'd appreciate it if you checked it out. It seems interesting all the same, and I just thought I'd put it out there.
for a very important date!

hitsugayatoushiro
LEPrecon Officer
Location: Covering my eyes, counting to three, hoping everything will just disappear.

Post by hitsugayatoushiro » Sun 23rd Jan 2011

My religion bans it. They don't condemn it, no the Qur'an just says that muslims can not be bi, gay or lez. I don't understand why just because some religions forbid it people following that religion must turn out to be homophobic.
I have quite a lot of gay mates and my favourite naruto pairing is naruto/sasuke but you wont be able to say i'm a bad muslim just because I don't mind it.

People fall in love with womever they want to, whether it's the same gender or the opposite. They have every right to be with whomever they want. If a man can be with a woman, it's his right but if a man wants to be with another man sudenly it's wrong?

Saying that they can't be together is taking away the freedom of them to choose in my opinion and every human has their own rights.

No two minds work the same, no two peopel feel the exact same way but no one can help what they feel and telling them to change their beliefs and thoughts is just eeeevil
And every time I think I've managed to get you out of my life you walk back in.
We'll build a castle in the sky, just big enough for the two of us,
Not straying in heaven for too long in case we can't get back out.
And we'll dance in the darkness,
The chaos bringing us peace,
We revel in the serenity of destruction.

Lick the blood off your hands,
wipe the sweat off your brow,
Me and you, we're the same.

That Chick2
Troll

Re:

Post by That Chick2 » Fri 17th Feb 2012

domovoihappy wrote:Are pedophiles born "that" way too?
Sort of. Most peophiles are crazy, I mean that really. This is ethier because something bad happened to them as a child or adult that drove them off the edge. Some are born with crazy. Now being a pedophile is wrong, being gay?

I really don't mind gays to much. In fact I like them as people. I belive God (Who I don't really belive in) put a girl soul into a boy's body. Likewise for women.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Sat 18th Feb 2012

But you realize not all gay men are effemnate, nor are all lesbians "butch" also gender =/=sex. Sex is biological, gender however is a creation of civilization.
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

That Chick2
Troll

Post by That Chick2 » Sat 18th Feb 2012

Yes of course.

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Wed 25th Apr 2012

People at my school use 'gay' as an insult. I've seen boys get more upset at getting called gay then accused of... Creepy things. When I ask what's wrong with it, nobody has an answer. That stated, I have nothing against it, I myself am unsure if I'm bi or not (Yeah, still figuring things out...). Could there be a cultural thing against it not fueled by logic? There certainly seems to be.
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Thu 26th Apr 2012

LEPreconGirl wrote:People at my school use 'gay' as an insult. I've seen boys get more upset at getting called gay then accused of... Creepy things. When I ask what's wrong with it, nobody has an answer. That stated, I have nothing against it, I myself am unsure if I'm bi or not (Yeah, still figuring things out...). Could there be a cultural thing against it not fueled by logic? There certainly seems to be.
Ever heard of Seperation of Church and State? It's pretty much selfexplanatory. We came here for religious rights and our own individualistic freedom.

In the Bible, it I THINK indirectly says that gay marriage is a sin. However, it also says to never judge. People find it wrong because they are taught it is wrong.

But, yeah. When people say we have TOTAL seperation of church and state, that's when i bring this up. The whole big "gay and lezbo" is mainly caused by religion. However, I keep thinking it's only lesbians whom are bad... because the only way to achieve the closest to superior or something is for two men to have sex. I'm no expert, but that's what I learned personally.
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Mon 30th Apr 2012

What I don't understand is why it has to be BANNED in some countries and states.

WHY?

Make it legal. If you don't want a gay relationship/marriage, then don't bloody have one! But don't stop OTHERS from pursuing something like that.
i write because you exist.

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Mon 30th Apr 2012

It's a very European thing (remember, that's what we are).

Europeans feel that what they believe, is what is right. They feel it's their duty to advance the rest of the world and if it doesn't follow their policy, it just doesn't go. Americans aren't as much as martinets, but you can see it daily. Why do you think we're so stubborn? XD

Acceptance is hard. It usually only happened with defeat, if you look into the history. And Europe has a huge influence ALL over the world, albight some areas.

~HaTheAngel~