Homosexuality

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Re: Homosexuality

Post by HollyShort9 » Wed 8th Sep 2010

The last time I posted on this topic was when I was 9 or 10 and still believed that everything in the world was good, and now that I'm 12 my opinion has changed GREATLY on this topic, so I'm re-posting my opinion. (Just so you guys know, I AM going to have religion in this post because religion /does/ play a part in my opinion. However, I'm going to put my own personal opinions in this post too, so I'm going to put "All religion aside..." in big, bold letters. So if you want to skip the religious part, just scroll down till you see that. Mkay? And no offense intended by any of my opinions. ^_^ )
Mkay, religious part first.
God says, several times in the Bible, that homosexuality is wrong. I'm posting a few quotes here, just so you guys know which parts I'm talking about. (I'm bolding the part in the longer ones/list of bad things that talks about homosexuality so it's easier to find.)

I Corinthians 6:9-10
"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."

Leviticus 18:22
"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination." (I'm pretty sure that in this part of Leviticus they were talking to males, I'm not sure, but if I'm correct, it's talking about homosexuality. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Kthx.)

Leviticus 20:13
"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both committed an abomination. They shall be put to death, for they are guilty." (I'm pretty sure that's a self-explanatory quote.)

HOWEVER, I am //not// judging homosexuals. Being homosexual is a sin, BUT. God says to love everyone and accept everyone for who they are--hate the sin, love the sinner. So don't get me wrong, if you're a homosexual or a bisexual, I'm not judging you here--just saying. XD

Religion Aside...

Most religion aside, to me the idea of homosexuality is just... kind of gross. When I think about it, I really think it's kind of gross. No offense to anyone, that's just the way my mind works. Like, me being with another girl or something, I just think that's kind of repulsive. Once again, just my opinion, no offense intended.

All in all, I don't really like the concept of homosexuality much. But hey, I'm not judging you if you're a homosexual/bisexual--that's not my job. ^_^
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Wed 8th Sep 2010

HollyShort9 wrote:HOWEVER, I am //not// judging homosexuals. Being homosexual is a sin, BUT. God says to love everyone and accept everyone for who they are--hate the sin, love the sinner. So don't get me wrong, if you're a homosexual or a bisexual, I'm not judging you here--just saying. XD

Religion Aside...

Most religion aside, to me the idea of homosexuality is just... kind of gross. When I think about it, I really think it's kind of gross. No offense to anyone, that's just the way my mind works. Like, me being with another girl or something, I just think that's kind of repulsive. Once again, just my opinion, no offense intended.

All in all, I don't really like the concept of homosexuality much. But hey, I'm not judging you if you're a homosexual/bisexual--that's not my job. ^_^
If the ruling is "Hate the sin, love the sinner," then why would anyone ever go to hell? Besides, something can only be a sin if it's a choice. Otherwise, you could say (and people DID say this) that it's a sin to be black. "Nature vs. Nurture" aside, you can't choose to be gay any more than you can choose to like a certain food, or to have a phobia of spiders. Any gay man could push through it and be with a woman for his whole life, but the fact remains that he is still gay, because he likes men more than women. You can't choose what you prefer.

As to the "grossness" you refer to, isn't all sex kind of gross? I even think a man being with a woman is gross... It's messy, animalistic, and degrading to everyone involved. However, think of homosexuals as people in loving relationships, and that's not that gross. I have no problem with two women who truly love each other entering into a committed relationship. Similarly, I have no problem with two men who love each other calling each other boyfriend or even husband. Sure, there are gay people who are just interested in sex, but there are more straight people like that (trust me on this, I'm an adult and I've met them) than there are gay people like that.

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by HollyShort9 » Wed 8th Sep 2010

I can't really answer your question about why people go to Hell, because I don't know how God thinks, so ... no answer for that. I guess we'll find out when we die. XD (oh that is such an optimistic thought)
MOVING ON, what I meant is just /being/ with another girl in a relationship to me seems kind of repulsive. Like, even innocent kisses. I don't know. Maybe that's the way my brain is wired.
It's just my opinion, though. XD
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

Abiogenesis
LEP Recruit
Location: York - England - United Kingdom - Europe - Earth - Solar Sytem - Perseus Arm - Milky Way Galaxy - Lo

Post by Abiogenesis » Wed 8th Sep 2010

HollyShort9 wrote:I can't really answer your question about why people go to Hell, because I don't know how God thinks, so ... no answer for that. I guess we'll find out when we die. XD (oh that is such an optimistic thought)
MOVING ON, what I meant is just /being/ with another girl in a relationship to me seems kind of repulsive. Like, even innocent kisses. I don't know. Maybe that's the way my brain is wired.
It's just my opinion, though. XD
If it's wrong then why does homosexuality exist in animals, it's generally said that humans do it due to free will. However 'autonomous' animals also exhibit same-sex relations.

The Bible says alot of things, Jesus supports slavery, as does the Old Testament. God congratulates Moses for killing women and children, perhaps it is just the opinions of people who lived thousands of years ago when humanitys morals and philosophies were not as developed as they are now? Look at areas of Africa where homosexuals are put to death if they are found, yet the still have same-sex relationships. Clearly they have feelings/love just as strong as a heterosexual couple, they aren't just doing it to spite god.

As for you finding the 'idea' gross, wouldn't a homosexual person say exactly the same thing about heterosexual relationships, it's not an argument - just an opinion, as you said, due to the way your brain works.
"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open."
-Thomas R. Dewar
"Camouflage is the colour of fear... I have no need to hide from my foes... I have no fear of death. My colours I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live - I am proud to die".
-The Space Marines
"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
-Winston Churchill
"Leeeeeeroy Jenkins"
- Aragorn at the Black Gates

Beckett Simpleton
Troll

Post by Beckett Simpleton » Sat 20th Nov 2010

I don't mind homosexuals. They are a part of modern society and should not be frowned upon, unless they make a big deal about being who they are. ^_^
Fairies. Something about... Fairies...

return of 1 min go
Dwarf Thief
Location: Crying at the poor onions that are being chopped to pieces.

Post by return of 1 min go » Sat 20th Nov 2010

^im with clever person >.<
Image Image & thx mira :Dthx fs
and thx to any1 els who makes me a pic :)
dwnn,jlh, silv and 1 beet teh cout to 50 befor a mod post game
i and mira got to 45.
my fg sis if JO & Mira :D! fg twin fs :P! and my cosion is haven!! we all rock :D!
9.5941% - Geekish Tendencies
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7798 my art viwe NOW!
p.s i hop[e this siggy isent too big :?

Beckett Simpleton
Troll

Post by Beckett Simpleton » Sun 21st Nov 2010

Assuming you are referring to me; Thank you :jump:

Battery
Ringbearer

Post by Battery » Sun 21st Nov 2010

Beckett Simpleton wrote:unless they make a big deal about being who they are
I'm just wondering, what exactly do you mean by this? Because depending on the meaning, I would agree to a certain degree, but in a milder sense, why shouldn't they? In a sense, being over the top and extravagant about who and what they are is a way to show that they aren't ashamed, and that others shouldn't be either. And really, it depends on how you take making a big deal. Because in some ways, straight people are just as bad about that sort of thing. Worse, even. But frowning upon them if they make a big deal of who they are sort of doesn't sit well with me.

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Mon 22nd Nov 2010

Exactly, AA. I see a lot of straight people boasting about how "this girl is hot" or "that guy is horrible" or even making a big deal of out their boyfriends'girlfriends (of the other gender) and it seems like it's perfectly fine. I mean, apart from the usual "yeah" or "shut up" no one seems to be against that.

However, the instant a guy says another guy is hot, there's protests. Choruses of 'ew's. In tact, the main reason why most homosexuals don't say those kind of things is because they don't want to go through all the put-downs.
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!

xAccio_Artemisx
Mud-Man

Post by xAccio_Artemisx » Mon 22nd Nov 2010

I see no problem with homosexuality. It's not unnatural, it occurs alot in nature ranging from mammals to birds. I'm totally in favour of gay rights and know many homosexuals/bisexuals who should never be treated any different because of it C:

JLHxXxX
LEP Commander

Post by JLHxXxX » Wed 24th Nov 2010

To the above, many people say God says something is wrong, like rape, when in fact, the direct just says no woman may refuse sex from a male, and a man can rape a woman as he pleases. He does not say rape is wrong.

But, why is it wrong? Because you were taught it? We were taught not to smoke, not to have sex, not to drink. Please, how many people follow that? A slim handful. Another good example into that is cursing. There are more things I could speak of with teachings, but that's for a different topic.

As most of you know, I'm bi-sexual, and I'm fairly... nervous for people to find out. My friends know and don't really adknowledge it, but the judgement is harsh. What is so wrong? If heterosexual couples cannot control how they feel, suddenly homosexuals can? Do you see the hypocracy and irony that comes to play in this? Do we force this feeling upon us? If I'm attracted to a girl I know, which I have been, does that mean I suddenly control my emotions, my affections? But yes heterosexuals cannot? As I know, God makes his own children into what we are, correct? Then he made us homosexuals, correct? I can't control if I like a girl or not, just as much as I cannot control if I like a guy or not.

On a different note from my words against religion, the hypocracy and irony still play, religion or not. Affections are.. let's see a defenition? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/affections

Love: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictiona ... 1290624032

Attraction: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/attraction

Now think about it. Not once did they mention WHICH gender, WHICH sex. Even if they did in fear of sue, webster's dictionary is centuries old. The first was... oh my... 1700's? And those are the straight defenitions.

If I can love a guy, why can't I love a girl?

Answer that please, and don't say just because it's wrong, I truly hate those arguments.
Waiting for the bus that never comes is silly. Once you start to walk, every opportunity will be stopping you in your tracks to greet you.

~HaTheAngel~

return of 1 min go
Dwarf Thief
Location: Crying at the poor onions that are being chopped to pieces.

Post by return of 1 min go » Sat 27th Nov 2010

^answer: you can love which ether you wont , you can love both for all i care. i dont see how homsexuals and bisexuals effect anyone expet them. its not lik they'r saying BECOME HOMSEXUAL or DONT JUST PASS BY, BECOM A BI! i have many friends that are homsexule or bi and they'r are relly cool. they dont care that im straight or if anyone is straght. i dont see why people that play things like spin the bottle, wich many people that crizie mixed gender love do, and whact therey friend kiss each other as a game and critize how people love ech other. we cant help our feelings for one another so why do people critize? what sort of enyoment do they get out of distroying someones life? how does it efect your life?
Image Image & thx mira :Dthx fs
and thx to any1 els who makes me a pic :)
dwnn,jlh, silv and 1 beet teh cout to 50 befor a mod post game
i and mira got to 45.
my fg sis if JO & Mira :D! fg twin fs :P! and my cosion is haven!! we all rock :D!
9.5941% - Geekish Tendencies
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7798 my art viwe NOW!
p.s i hop[e this siggy isent too big :?

Beckett Simpleton
Troll

Post by Beckett Simpleton » Wed 1st Dec 2010

I'm twelve and therefore have never been in a relationship with either a boy or a girl and I have not a clue if I am straight or gay or what.

making a big deal about what/who you are. whether you're straight or gay pisses me off most of the time. this, I think is not kissing in public and so on. If straights can do it, why can't gays, free country. i define it as actually rubbing it in the opposites face. being exsessive, unnessasary, even. And, this can also be seen as using the other half in a relationship, so bad on two levels.
JLHxXxX wrote: If I can love a guy, why can't I love a girl?

Answer that please, and don't say just because it's wrong, I truly hate those arguments.
I cannot answer that question, because I am not the one who is enforcing it ;)

Sadly, the world is a biased place and, as a bi, on the fence, you're in the best place in my opinion :)

jsreed5
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by jsreed5 » Fri 3rd Dec 2010

Hurrrr.

I don't know if someone's already brought this up, but I thought I'd point out that you don't have to date someone of a particular gender to know if you're straight or gay. I've been in 3 relationships in my life, all of them with girls, even though I'm bi...

Beckett Simpleton
Troll

Post by Beckett Simpleton » Sat 4th Dec 2010

I was just pointing out the fact that I have not been on a date, and am not currently either. Or labeled with either. Or have any idea. I am immature though it pains me to admit ;)