Homosexuality

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
dee_sequel
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by dee_sequel » Fri 2nd Mar 2007

Honestly, in modern society this shouldn't even be an issue. What happened to separation of church and state?

its not a matter of church and state, its a matter of common sense. i mean, if girls were meant to reproduce with each other, wed be BORN to. but we aren't. same with guys. :angry: ^_^
ATTENTION! for all Netherworlds readers, I am still updating on DA!
https://iesnoth.deviantart.com/gallery/

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Sat 3rd Mar 2007

dee_sequel wrote:
Honestly, in modern society this shouldn't even be an issue. What happened to separation of church and state?

its not a matter of church and state, its a matter of common sense. i mean, if girls were meant to reproduce with each other, wed be BORN to. but we aren't. same with guys. :angry: ^_^

Well, they weren't made to reproduce, but they were made to be attracted to each other. We've been through the evidence for this already, so I'm not going to repost the information.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

TomRK1089
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by TomRK1089 » Sat 3rd Mar 2007

Moneyman2010mn wrote:
TomRK1089 wrote: Honestly, in modern society this shouldn't even be an issue. What happened to separation of church and state?

Honestly, there is none which has always angered me. People claim that the Constitution doesn't come out and say there will be a separation but if you look and do some research it is clearly what they meant.

Well, actually, to clarify: the separation was intended to keep the government out of the church. The Founders didn't want another one of Cromwell's Model Republics or France's Cult of the Supreme Being. (Even though the second happened after the fact, it's a valid example.) Now, of course, it's equally applicable the other way. That's the one thing I think both the Lutheran and Roman Catholic churches do a fair job on, while the "Bible Belt" Baptists don't. For the most part, R.Cs (and in my experience, the ELCA) don't try to legislate faith-specific beliefs. Obviously, they advocate a lot of other legislature aimed at helping others, that a lot of non-religious folk get behind to. Which is all good.

Using religious voter's blocs to get rid of rights, however, definetely crosses the line.

its not a matter of church and state, its a matter of common sense. i mean, if girls were meant to reproduce with each other, wed be BORN to. but we aren't. same with guys.

Common sense? No such thing. What seems obvious to you is obviously not obvious to them, and you have no grounds to say that you're right and they're wrong. It's all relative, as Einstein would say. :D

Aphrodite
LEP Recruit

Post by Aphrodite » Sat 3rd Mar 2007

First I want to say that I completly agree with Hanyou Kitty, I HATE it when people say This is so *** or that is so ***. I never say anything about it but it makes me so mad :angry: I mean how can a subject or t.v program or an item of clothing be *** (as in homo***ual) because I know they don't mean *** as in jolly or colourfull.

I think it is fine if a person is ***. There has always been people who are *** and always will be, and I think that by now we (humans) should accept them as part of our society.

I think the problem is that as we are growing up we usually don't come in contact with a person who is g.a.y and we hardly know anything about them and therefore we become a bit frightend of them, and in humans fright turns to hatred.

It's a bit stupid that in school we are taught not to discriminate against people because of their nationality, religion or gender, but we are not taught anything about people who are homosxual.

Because I don't know anybody who is *** or bi, I do find it a bit strange but I would never discriminate against a person because of their sxual oriantation.
Fairy Creatures heed this warning,
On earth the human era is dawning.

KtFowl
Mud-Man

Post by KtFowl » Tue 6th Mar 2007

This is my thoughts in a nutshell: I believe you are allowed to love anyone, gender, and pedaphilia aside. Even if these people are indeed "choosing" to be ***, which I absolutely do not think is the case, than what harm are they doing to you? They are just another normal couple. Sorry if they not follow your beliefs, but some of us believe this whole world isn't just run by one man's disicion or a book. And if these people do not have a choice of who they love, which I believe is the case, than shouldn't we accomidate thses people like we do with any other?
"Artemis had a vast mental reserve for scathing comebacks at his disposal, but none of them covered girlfriend insults. He wasn't even sure if it was an insult. And if it was, who was being insulted? Him, or the girl?" <<Oh you are, Arty, even if you don't know it; you deserve much better than the likes of Minerva. ;-) How 'bout......let's say.....me? :-D

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Re: Homo***uality?

Post by codeblackrose » Fri 9th Jan 2009

Sure, that's fine by me. So long as, you know, none of them ever stalks me. I would be SERIOUSLY creeped out by that and I would call the police and sue that person.

If both people are homo, then so be it. Go be a couple.
What? I am so not psycho.

ImageImageImage

~Helen Raspberrih, Team Holly!

LollipopHolly
LEPretrieval Team Member
Location: In the 8th Dimension, where I rule. Where else SHOULD I be?

Post by LollipopHolly » Thu 22nd Jan 2009

I'm going to quote a friend from school for this.

"I mean, I have nothing against, Homo***uals, but I just don't like it when they sit there in the mall making out and stuff like that."

Seriously, I agree, and not just with Homo***uals but with anybody. Everyone can be who they want..... It's themselves who else can they be? Hurkk, also I am upset that they made Gay marriage illegal. People need to have their rights! I'm not one but really..... It's not right to take away their freedom.

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Thu 22nd Jan 2009

Yeah, I totally agree.

ImageImageImage

HollyShort9
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by HollyShort9 » Thu 22nd Jan 2009

LollipopHolly wrote:I'm going to quote a friend from school for this.

"I mean, I have nothing against, Homo***uals, but I just don't like it when they sit there in the mall making out and stuff like that."

Seriously, I agree, and not just with Homo***uals but with anybody. Everyone can be who they want..... It's themselves who else can they be? Hurkk, also I am upset that they made Gay marriage illegal. People need to have their rights! I'm not one but really..... It's not right to take away their freedom.

Seconded.

ISN'T AMERICA A FREE COUNTRY, SO WHY CAN'T GAYS GET MARRIED?

I have nothing against gay/bi people, but I don't like it when they sit in stores and stuff making out.
we're all stories in the end. just make it a good one, eh? because it was, you know. it was the best.

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Thu 22nd Jan 2009

HollyShort9 wrote:
LollipopHolly wrote:I'm going to quote a friend from school for this.

Seconded.

ISN'T AMERICA A FREE COUNTRY, SO WHY CAN'T GAYS GET MARRIED?

I have nothing against gay/bi people, but I don't like it when they sit in stores and stuff making out.

I agree with you about Gay Marriage. Should be legal.

And I thought you might find this funny, I know several gay people who feel the same way about straight people making out in public.

Actually, I'm not much for PDA (public displays of affection), so straight or gay, I don't understand how someone could make out in a store. But who knows, maybe I shouldn't knock it until I've tried it :D

codeblackrose
LEPrecon Officer

Post by codeblackrose » Sat 24th Jan 2009

Making out in public is sick. Whether gay or not.

To homos: You have a house, man, make use of it.

I've nothing aginst them, but since I'm straight, I quickly look away when I see homos hugging and kissing in public.

ImageImageImage

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Post by Bang Your Drum » Sun 1st Aug 2010

I reving this thread

While on tumblr I found this seriously cool blog/website called "Everyone is Gay" the blog is written by a lesbian couple who answer advice, for other lesbians but also for guys who like girls. Both of them are really brillant and funny, I totally suggest looking at it.

The name of the website comes from this thoery that everyone is acutally gay. I mean girls prefer to spend time with other girls right? The same goes for boys and men. Of course the whole making babies thing is simply a survival instict tomake sure we don't die out ( also babies are cute to us so wqe feel like we have to protect them). I sorta believe this thoery, like I've talked about before i feel more like a male then female soemtimes, but I aslo happen to like guys, which makes me a gay man, so to speak.

your thoughts?
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

p5ychic
Kwisatz Haderach

Post by p5ychic » Mon 2nd Aug 2010

GothicLollipop wrote:I reving this thread

While on tumblr I found this seriously cool blog/website called "Everyone is Gay" the blog is written by a lesbian couple who answer advice, for other lesbians but also for guys who like girls. Both of them are really brillant and funny, I totally suggest looking at it.

The name of the website comes from this thoery that everyone is acutally gay. I mean girls prefer to spend time with other girls right? The same goes for boys and men. Of course the whole making babies thing is simply a survival instict tomake sure we don't die out ( also babies are cute to us so wqe feel like we have to protect them). I sorta believe this thoery, like I've talked about before i feel more like a male then female soemtimes, but I aslo happen to like guys, which makes me a gay man, so to speak.

your thoughts?
I believe everyone is a little bit gay as well. I'm extremely comfortable in my sexuality, I know I like girls and that's enough for me. I'm comfortable enough to openly judge other men on the basis of looks (my girlfriend and I discussed the hotness of Christian Bale the other day). The thing is, guys want to hang out with good-looking guys, only instead of being attracted to them, they just think they look cool. Girls do the same thing.

And I edited the title from "Homo***uality" to "Homosexuality." I'm sure we're all mature enough to handle the word "sex" in a discussion about sexuality.

Bang Your Drum
serial addict

Re: Homosexuality

Post by Bang Your Drum » Mon 2nd Aug 2010

I think that too, I just thought it was a pretty intresting thoery though.
Moses Seixas wrote:give bigotry no sanction

return of 1 min go
Dwarf Thief
Location: Crying at the poor onions that are being chopped to pieces.

Re: Homosexuality

Post by return of 1 min go » Thu 26th Aug 2010

evryone has to be a little gay otherwise all our friends would be the opiste gender and that would be scary. also we sort of need gay couples so that they can adopt nwanted childern.
Image Image & thx mira :Dthx fs
and thx to any1 els who makes me a pic :)
dwnn,jlh, silv and 1 beet teh cout to 50 befor a mod post game
i and mira got to 45.
my fg sis if JO & Mira :D! fg twin fs :P! and my cosion is haven!! we all rock :D!
9.5941% - Geekish Tendencies
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7798 my art viwe NOW!
p.s i hop[e this siggy isent too big :?