Homosexuality

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
ElisabethHall
Dwarf Miner

Post by ElisabethHall » Mon 5th Feb 2007

I'm not against anything at all, but some people I know actually think being, well, differently oriented is cool. I mean, there are some people (like me, it happened long ago) who really freak out when, like BlackOpal said, they feel a little attracted to someone very good-looking of the same gender, and they think, hey, maybe I'm ***. Then they think too much and you know, try those... acts and they end up feeling out of place everywhere.

Back to the point. One of our youth camp speakers last year told us that whatever way these people are, whatever they do they need love any other way. Sure, they might be different, you might think they're gross or anything, I think that if everyone just forgot the word 'differences' and just accepted everyone else and not think too much about what they do behind their blinds, all these homophobic things wouldn't happen.

long, long sentence.

[SIZE=1]well, i have been told i somehow lack principles.[/size=1]
Of all things, I didn't come on to FG to see my name displayed in the pretty Birthday Box. :-( Now I'll have to wait till next year.

Iridescent
Troll

Post by Iridescent » Mon 5th Feb 2007

I didn't mean to offend by saying homo***uals were gross.
But thats my opinion, I guess it was a very outspoken one. But I'm outspoken.
Let me rephrase for anyone who was bothered.
I highly disapprove of homo***uals. And I think it is very abnormal.
If at first you don't succeed, TRY to hide your astonishment

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Tue 6th Feb 2007

It isn't really abnormal. Jung said that a homo***ual is a person who identifies well with their anima or animus. The anima and animus are parts of our subconcious that are of the opposite ***, and opposite of us. So if we are shy they are bold.
I found it interesting that somebody who is *** identifies with their inner-self more.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

Iridescent
Troll

Post by Iridescent » Tue 6th Feb 2007

I'm really against it, I believe it is wrong.
Thats all I can say.

BlackOpal

Post by BlackOpal » Tue 6th Feb 2007

I read this article on *** sheep and *** rams. There are other animals that are *** as well. It can't be an invention of a perverted human brain.
They are working on a 'cure' :P Scientists think that they have found the genetic cause of homo***uality, and they think that they can reverse it. I bet they could reverse hetero***uality as well, so I think this patch is very wrong.
I have to go find the site. Somebody post so I don't have to edit this one.

Iridescent
Troll

Post by Iridescent » Wed 7th Feb 2007

But is it even proven that homo*** is a genetic disorder?
If it is what is wrong with reversing?

BlackOpal

Post by BlackOpal » Wed 7th Feb 2007

I think it is wrong to reverse it because if you can reverse homo***uality, then you can reverse hetero***uality. If homo***uality and hetero***uality are caused by the same thing, then homo***uality can't be wrong. They haven't proved that is genetic in humans I don't think, something about it being genetic in sheep, or... I'm looking for the article...

<a href='http://www.theweekmagazine.com/news/articles/news.aspx?ArticleID=1914' target='_blank'>*** sheep</a>

The problem with reversing it is that you are changing the way a person is without their consent. How would you like it if somebody took one of your talents, say intelligence, and traded it for athletic ability because your parents prefered it?

Athena
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Athena » Thu 8th Feb 2007

Yeah like you cant really choose what your gonna be like ya know and if you are homo***ual and youre cool with that then why should it change for them ya know? Its like you cant make somebody fall in love or out of it!
Sherlock Holmes is mine MINE! The computer or sewing machine or anybody who tries to take him will pay. Nah! Don't even think about it. I'm watching you, I'm watching you *beady eyes*

"Eddie Burger's Bum, Yum yum yum!"

~Lillie Gmail conversation last monday.

(I LOVE YOU LILLIEDOODLES!)

Yes I have peach children, you got a problem with that huh? They are about 2 weeks old now and they came from the grocery store, I even ate the peach part myself! They have names also, Lillie, Jayd, and Greggie now bug off! They are my babies and I love them all (but Greggie gets watered first ;) )

Lufgif
Centaur Genius

Post by Lufgif » Thu 8th Feb 2007

domovoihappy wrote: So the argument about wether or not they were born that way doesn't work, if you say that pedophiles were born that way as well.

I'm surprised no one's attacked this- the wrong thing about pedophiles is that they molest children against their will. Homos3xuals don't. If a homos3xual raped another homos3xual, that would be wrong- it's rape, and anyone who says otherwise is obviously a also a believer of the idea that if a Causasian attacks an African American it's hate crime no matter the circumstances. They should be treated equally- in all respects.

And also- there is nothing wrong with the cure, as long the people who take it take it of their own free.. will. Of course, a chief reason I can think for people to take the 'cure' is to escape persecution. In an odd way, that's some form of peer pressure, and should be removed. I hope that by the time the cure is released society has accepted homos3xuals as they are.

One last thing- it's about the religion. The greeks had four different words for 'homos3xual.' One meaning a person who prefers the opposite s3x, and another meaning a person who takes prisoners of war of teh same s3x and subjects them to s3xual cruelty. The different inflections of the word was lost in translation. So there's a solid chance that God meant that the prisoner-of-war meaning was wrong. To me, that makes more sense, especially if we view God to be a benevolent lover of all his creations.

BlackOpal

Post by BlackOpal » Thu 8th Feb 2007

The cure is for pregnant mothers to put on themselves to ensure a hetero***ual child, so it would be taken against their will.
Maybe if they refined it so people could take it, only if they choose, but they should have to be of legal age, so they really have accepted who they are and can make the decision not based on the prejudices of highschool.
Well, it's what I think anyway.

Lufgif
Centaur Genius

Post by Lufgif » Thu 8th Feb 2007

BlackOpal wrote: The cure is for pregnant mothers to put on themselves to ensure a hetero***ual child, so it would be taken against their will.
Maybe if they refined it so people could take it, only if they choose, but they should have to be of legal age, so they really have accepted who they are and can make the decision not based on the prejudices of highschool.
Well, it's what I think anyway.

Oh. In that case I agree with everything you just said.

Moneyman2010mn wrote: Nicely put Lufgif. By any chance do you have a source to where I can find the Greeks four different words for homo***ual?

I'll get right on that.

domovoihappy
Dwarf Thief

Post by domovoihappy » Thu 8th Feb 2007

I'm surprised no one's attacked this- the wrong thing about pedophiles is that they molest children against their will. Homos3xuals don't. If a homos3xual raped another homos3xual, that would be wrong- it's rape, and anyone who says otherwise is obviously a also a believer of the idea that if a Causasian attacks an African American it's hate crime no matter the circumstances. They should be treated equally- in all respects.

Pedophiles are still considered pedophiles even if it isn't against the child's will. But that's not the point. I was not saying that homo***uals were equal to or worse than pedophiles. I believe pedophiles are among the lowest of the low. I think they should get the death sentence or be locked up for life, but I don't think the same for homo***uals.

And also- there is nothing wrong with the cure, as long the people who take it take it of their own free.... will. Of course, a chief reason I can think for people to take the 'cure' is to escape persecution. In an odd way, that's some form of peer pressure, and should be removed. I hope that by the time the cure is released society has accepted homos3xuals as they are.

Many homo***uals don't like the way they are and want to change.I believe it is a sin, just like gluttony, envy ect...and that we have to refute it. We shouldn't glorify it. I don't think society should accept a sin as the norm. I don't want my kids or younger siblings seeing to men kissing men or women kissing women. It impresses on young minds, and I don't think that kind of thing should be something they have to see all the time. It's disturbing.

BlackOpal

Many homo***uals don't like the way they are and want to change.I believe it is a sin, just like gluttony, envy ect...and that we have to refute it. We shouldn't glorify it. I don't think society should accept a sin as the norm. I don't want my kids or younger siblings seeing to men kissing men or women kissing women. It impresses on young minds, and I don't think that kind of thing should be something they have to see all the time. It's disturbing.

Why is it so disturbing? If you are going by the bible, I read on this other debate (or maybe it was this one) some very interesting passages. The only things it says against homo***uality is when it is rape. I think God would accept any kind of love, isn't loving the number one rule?
And wouldn't it be more of a sin to change who you really are than to love who you love?

BlackOpal

Why is it so disturbing? If you are going by the bible, I read on this other debate (or maybe it was this one) some very interesting passages. The only things it says against homo***uality is when it is rape. I think God would accept any kind of love, isn't loving the number one rule?
And wouldn't it be more of a sin to change who you really are than to love who you love?

Athena
LEPrecon Officer

Post by Athena » Fri 9th Feb 2007

Trying to see the world through the eyes of a more religious person: If G-d created the world (I dont know if thats what you believe but if it is) why did he create Homo***uality or make people homo***ual?
Sherlock Holmes is mine MINE! The computer or sewing machine or anybody who tries to take him will pay. Nah! Don't even think about it. I'm watching you, I'm watching you *beady eyes*

"Eddie Burger's Bum, Yum yum yum!"

~Lillie Gmail conversation last monday.

(I LOVE YOU LILLIEDOODLES!)

Yes I have peach children, you got a problem with that huh? They are about 2 weeks old now and they came from the grocery store, I even ate the peach part myself! They have names also, Lillie, Jayd, and Greggie now bug off! They are my babies and I love them all (but Greggie gets watered first ;) )