Homosexuality

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Wed 10th Jan 2007

Someone back there said that they wouldn't trust their siblings in the same room as a homo***ual. I've heard people say that they don't care as long as they don't touch them. Give these people some credit. They do have good taste. They won't just hit on anybody.
People have been saying that being *** is about lust. I don't think so. I mean, I think a lot of relationships are about lust, but a lot of strait relationships are about lust too. It is just that since there are less homo***ual relationships, it is harder to find. A lot of people deny being *** when they are, and have a hard time accepting it. If it was only lust, you'd be able to get over it. Find someone you love who is strait. I mean, if these people are so reluctant to admit that they are ***, I think that they definately can't help it. I think they do fall in love, just like the rest of us, but it is harder, because there is less of a selection. You are more likely to fall in love with a strait person because there are more strait people. It's probablility.

(I'm bad at organizing my thoughts, so if that didn't make sense, it's because ideas are bungled together into weirdly formed sentances)
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

domovoihappy
Dwarf Thief

Post by domovoihappy » Thu 11th Jan 2007

I have a question...is a pedophile mentally ill in your opinion?

No. It's a disgusting sickening choice.

So the argument about wether or not they were born that way doesn't work, if you say that pedophiles were born that way as well. It comes down to the individual deciding wether or not they agree with the practice. And their opinion can be influenced by religion, upbringing, etc......any number of things...which I'm sure there is a wide array of here. ^_^

domovoihappy
Dwarf Thief

Post by domovoihappy » Thu 11th Jan 2007

Moneyman2010mn wrote:Domovoilhappy, it is your choice to what you want to believe in. However it is obvious that when something is proven, then it most likely is correct. Why do you not believe people are born that way even when studies show it is true? Of course it's not the same with every person but it could explain many of them.

Where did you get this information?
Where are these study results from?
But if it is a disorder, then don't we need to give them some medicine just like we do with other problems that happen when there is a chemical imbalance in the brain? We give medicine to people with depression and anxiety, and other genetic disorders. What about this problem?

Genetic or not, somethings wrong with this picture.

BlackOpal

Post by BlackOpal » Thu 11th Jan 2007

I posted links way back when for info and study results.
I don't think being a pedophile is really being born that way, I think it is different. You still are attracted to the same kind of people, but they may see children as easier targets for ***ual activities.
People who are ***, however, often don't want to be and deny it. If it is a choice, would it be so hard for them to accept it when they want to be strait?

Sofie
LEP Commander

Post by Sofie » Fri 12th Jan 2007

Domovoihappy... I'm sorry you hate me. I'm bi, and if homo***uality is bad, I guess that is bad too.

Here's is a cool list I found on someone's Livejournal. Ironic arguments against *** marriage in USA ^_^

1) Being *** is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2) *** marriage will encourage people to be ***, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Legalizing *** marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if *** marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. *** couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously *** parents will raise *** children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8) *** marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) *** marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
ImageImageImage

domovoihappy
Dwarf Thief

Post by domovoihappy » Mon 15th Jan 2007

I do not hate homo***uals or people who are bi. I never stated any such thing. My own uncle is homo***ual, as I have previously stated. I love him very much, but I still hold true to my beliefs.

I'm afraid my arguments against this issue are mostly religious...but, please, one question has not been answered. If one believes that homo***uality is a chemical imbalance in the brain, and that the people who are affected by it have no wish to be, then shouldn't there be a treatment?

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Mon 15th Jan 2007

nothing wrong with it. god made us so we could do what we like(aplys(sp??) if ur christian) so we can be ***. if god did not want us to be *** he would have unabled us to be ***. my uncle is homo***ual and there is nothin wrong with him.

sofie sofie sofie u just help me unlock the rydon mystry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! soz little hyper

Sofie
LEP Commander

Post by Sofie » Thu 18th Jan 2007

domovoihappy wrote: I do not hate homo***uals or people who are bi. I never stated any such thing. My own uncle is homo***ual, as I have previously stated. I love him very much, but I still hold true to my beliefs.

I'm afraid my arguments against this issue are mostly religious...but, please, one question has not been answered. If one believes that homo***uality is a chemical imbalance in the brain, and that the people who are affected by it have no wish to be, then shouldn't there be a treatment?

Sorry. I know you don't. I just got a bit frustrated, that's all.

I don't believe it's an imbalance in the brain. I mean, if a person is left handed, is there an imbalance in the brain present? Nope. Just a difference from the right-handed. They didn't choose that eighter, should there be a treatment?
And if there should be a treatment for homo***uality, there should be one for hetero***uality too. Right?
ImageImageImage

petitebrunette
LEPrecon Officer

Post by petitebrunette » Sat 20th Jan 2007

It has been my experience that those who have the strongest opinions against homo***aulity are those who are trying to be true to their religious upbringing. They do not cite scientific evidence or personal experience. their opinions are not logic/experience based. But their reactions are strong because the moral foundation they have been taught in their homes and churches is threatened.

I've heard it said that it is unnatural and people do not believe that ***s are born this way because God would not allow this. That it is an offense to God. Well, people are born with all sorts of abnormalities. Many babies are born with physical abnormalities, like blindness. Others are born mental abnormalities of all kinds.

Do we blame them for their conditions?
There was a time long ago when people in some areas would kill their babies when they were born abnormal. They believed these babies were cursed by God and would bring evil to their societies. Most of the world's societies have progressed beyond this point. But I think we still have a way to go.

Regarding should you trust a *** person around children alone. This is not a question of being ***. This is a question of character. There are *** and straight people that should not be trusted. Judge a person on his character.

"I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies."

edjarno
Mud-Man

Post by edjarno » Mon 29th Jan 2007

okey i'm gona but here some fackts i now human does have to *** one is the fysical *** and the other is in your branes (sorry i don't now how you wrote that) and they can bee difrent you can bee a girl/boy but your branes think difrent you cant chose that it's like when you born you can't chose are you a boy or a girl it's just the way things are

inkweaver
Dwarf Thief

Post by inkweaver » Tue 30th Jan 2007

darvit wrote:
I have nothing against homo***uals, really.

I am, however, against the homo***ual acts that they perform.

Now, one cannot argue that homo***uality is "unnatural"--It is, in fact, the opposite. Scientists have observed that there are several species of primates that engage in homo***ual behavior.

This could lead to the argument that--"Then they're like animals! They have no self-control and follow only their inner Id!"

i think homo***uality is nasty. people, if you can't love the opposite *** then you need to learn to control your self.

i agree with what darvit says up here. :stupid:
You're warned...
*cackles*

I EAT A/M SHIPPERS FOR BREAKFAST! MUAH HA HA!
AND LUNCH.
AND TEATIME.
AND SUPPER, DINNER, MIDNIGHT SNACK, ET CETERA.

they taste distgusting because of the false shipping that poisons their blood.

but it must be done.

And, no, I don't want another penguin! gosh...

Iridescent
Troll

Post by Iridescent » Fri 2nd Feb 2007

Homos****s are gross.
IT IS NOT NATURAL.
And it isn't proven that it is natural, scientists think it might, but it's really not.
It is abnormal for a man to like a man or a woman to like woman.
If it's a brain problem then give them medication, it's simply not normal.
If it is a mental disorder, then like other mental disorders it should be treated.
Men are meant to be masculine, women to be feminine, not homos. XD thats what I think.
If at first you don't succeed, TRY to hide your astonishment

princess sarah rox
LEPrecon Officer

Post by princess sarah rox » Sat 3rd Feb 2007

i think its fine but not for me i could never be a homo but if ppl want to be they can

princess sarah rox
LEPrecon Officer

Post by princess sarah rox » Sat 3rd Feb 2007

i think homo***uality is also a matter of confidence b/c if you are shy then you will be to scared to say that you are a homo***ual where as if you are very confident it wont worry you and you will tell everyone.

BlackOpal

Post by BlackOpal » Sun 4th Feb 2007

Iridescent wrote: Homos****s are gross.
IT IS NOT NATURAL.
And it isn't proven that it is natural, scientists think it might, but it's really not.
It is abnormal for a man to like a man or a woman to like woman.
If it's a brain problem then give them medication, it's simply not normal.
If it is a mental disorder, then like other mental disorders it should be treated.
Men are meant to be masculine, women to be feminine, not homos. XD thats what I think.

It isn't so much that there is a chemical imbalance in the brain. That's like saying being hetero***ually attracted is a different chemical imbalance in the brain.
Everybody is a little bit bi***ual. Girls see other women who they think are pretty and men envy other men's body types. It is just the quantity of your attraction to the same *** that defines your homo***uality.