Homosexuality

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
Randomosity
Troll
Location: I'm stuck in my computer! If you are reading this, find me! I'm filed under "Randomosity"

Re: Homosexuality

Post by Randomosity » Tue 17th Jul 2012

If they do want to do whatever they want to do, it's their buissness. And one of the churches defences is that it was never mentioned in the bible. Neither was fungi *points to mushroom*
(FAVRIOTE QUOTE)I want to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned Image
This sigge was made by Sara. THANK YOU!!!
Avvie made by skyswallow. THANK YOU ALSO!!!
There is no freedom, just different levels of bondage
Remember that all opinion is an view about the world. Find a place to stand.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Alcohol. the solution- and cause- of all life's problems
ASDF movies are awesome and so are Eddsworld and the TomSka movies. Also Rest In Peace Edd Gould your world will keep on spinning.
COFFEE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!!!
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

Karasuthekitsune
Gnome

Post by Karasuthekitsune » Tue 17th Jul 2012

For the record, I'm a bisexual Christian, and though there are many Christians who are against homosexuality, I personally believe that they are the ones going against the Bible. Both Jesus and God taught us to love and accept one another, no matter what, so denying two people to make an eternal bond built on love seems wrong to me.
And, the stories of Sodom and Gomorrah aren't about homosexuality in particular, that was an element. They were more about the wrongness of forcing... Yeah, you get the point.

Beckett Simpleton
Troll

Post by Beckett Simpleton » Mon 13th Aug 2012

Homosexuals are okay with me.

They might not be okay with God, or in any other religion, or with you, but they're fine with me. They don't bother me. I might even be one, who knows? I've never had a partner. No matter how much people from different views antagonise, ban and slander same-gender relationships, there will still be same-gender relationships. That's who that person is. Look at that person as an individual before you categorise them. I'm bad for doing this, of course, most people are. In the moment, you look at someone who clearly fits into a category and label them as such, but that's what the human brain does. Finds patterns. The important thing is that you see a gay and think 'this person is into ... music and they are gay and they are a fan of ... TV program' or 'this person is black and likes to read ... books and has a ... as a pet.' Don't be narrow minded in the sense that once a person is in a metaphorical box, that is all there is to them, because people can always say the same about you.
Fairies. Something about... Fairies...

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Mon 13th Aug 2012

JLHxXxX wrote:Why should we care what the religions think? We've even tried to ban Islamic. That goes against why pilgrims FLED TO AMERICA. For religious acceptance and freedom of expression. Where is it going?
America has been going down the drain when it comes to that. Western portrayal of the East is extremely inaccurate. So yeah. That's a very valid point. Why should religion be a factor in deciding two people's biological needs? Every religion is different... so using one as ammunition against the opposing side will just force others to use their own religion in a counter-attack.

Isn't our government supposed to remain pure and wholly secular?
I wish people would stop saying "I think it's wrong!" And realize, well there's plenty that goes on in this world that YOU think is wrong. But to try and make it your own perfect world will make it hell for someone else.

(You/I/me/whatever does not pertain to any particular individual.)
My sentiments exactly. If you don't believe in gay marriage, than don't get married to someone of the same sex! It's not that hard. You shouldn't care if your neighbor is Jewish/Islamic/Christian. You shouldn't care if your neighbor's partner isn't your idea of "biologically compatible". You shouldn't care if your neighbor prefers blue over red.

How about analyzing YOUR choices in life, and how your religion affects your decisions, and your life partner, instead of criticizing and keeping apart two people who love each other as much as you love your wife/husband.
i write because you exist.

Randomosity
Troll
Location: I'm stuck in my computer! If you are reading this, find me! I'm filed under "Randomosity"

Post by Randomosity » Tue 25th Sep 2012

Good point. I guess that partially the reason this topic is posted is because so many people have a problem with it.

Many people use it offhand, like 'oh god, miss Irshad's gonna kill me...'
I try to ignore it, or ask them not to.
(FAVRIOTE QUOTE)I want to live in a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned Image
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
ASDF movies are awesome and so are Eddsworld and the TomSka movies. Also Rest In Peace Edd Gould your world will keep on spinning.
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

partyonsoccerfan
Orion's Misfortune

Post by partyonsoccerfan » Tue 20th Nov 2012

So, I've been creeping on this topic for a long time and now I'm going to add my opinion.
I live in a small, conservative town. I can find 1 gay person in my high school, and a few bi kids. The people in my town are raised to believe that anything close to being homosexual is wrong. Most of them anyways. They say it's not natural, it's in the bible. There's actually this really awesome documentary that is called For the Bible Tells me so, I don't know if it's been mentioned or not. If you want to learn some, look it up and watch it. Ok back on track. As a bisexual teenager, I believe that who I am is not wrong. I also believe that I was born this way, not that I made a choice. If all of those gay teens who killed themselves had a choice, do you think they would choose being gay. What person would choose to be hated and bullied to death? I certainly didn't choose this. Honestly, when I realized that I noticed girls, I was afraid that I was a lesbian. Kids already made fun of me, I was different enough. But if I were a lesbian, they would never leave me alone. I was scared, and I had no one to ask, no one to help me. But I figured out who I was, and I'm proud of it. I don't think anything about me, or anyone is unnatural.
Another thing, gay rights. Seeing as I'm 50 percent all natural homo (you can laugh, that was a joke), of course I believe that two men or women can get married. If I marry a woman, I want to be just like every other couple. Honestly, love is love, and people who love Eachother should be able to be married if they want.
Okay, now I'm done being awkward XD
Take a look at me 'cause I could not care at all

Posf's quote of the week!
“No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all.”
~Gerard Way

Part of the FG it Gets Better Project

Randomosity
Troll

Post by Randomosity » Sun 24th Mar 2013

Well said.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
COFFEE IS IN MY SOUL!
COFFEE IS MY SOUL!

Coffee addiction? Nah.

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Wed 14th Dec 2016

FowlStar wrote:
JLHxXxX wrote:Why should we care what the religions think? We've even tried to ban Islamic. That goes against why pilgrims FLED TO AMERICA. For religious acceptance and freedom of expression. Where is it going?
America has been going down the drain when it comes to that. Western portrayal of the East is extremely inaccurate. So yeah. That's a very valid point. Why should religion be a factor in deciding two people's biological needs? Every religion is different... so using one as ammunition against the opposing side will just force others to use their own religion in a counter-attack.

Isn't our government supposed to remain pure and wholly secular?
I wish people would stop saying "I think it's wrong!" And realize, well there's plenty that goes on in this world that YOU think is wrong. But to try and make it your own perfect world will make it hell for someone else.

(You/I/me/whatever does not pertain to any particular individual.)
My sentiments exactly. If you don't believe in gay marriage, than don't get married to someone of the same sex! It's not that hard. You shouldn't care if your neighbor is Jewish/Islamic/Christian. You shouldn't care if your neighbor's partner isn't your idea of "biologically compatible". You shouldn't care if your neighbor prefers blue over red.

How about analyzing YOUR choices in life, and how your religion affects your decisions, and your life partner, instead of criticizing and keeping apart two people who love each other as much as you love your wife/husband.
lowkey,,,,,, just wanna say that i posted this and realized a little while later that i'm gay. so cheers to that, and to marriage equality. we've come far in the last four years. i'm getting married, y'all.

LEPreconGirl
Dwarf Thief

Post by LEPreconGirl » Thu 15th Dec 2016

Very glad my email decided to spit a notification at me about this topic (I guess I followed it when I still wanted to fight everyone about everything?), congrats FowlStar!
Not all those who wander are lost...

Team Holly!

FowlStar
Centaur Genius

Post by FowlStar » Sun 25th Dec 2016

^thank you leppy it's been a while. Miss uou