Homosexuality

Debates of a more controversial nature, and discussions on the latest world events. Give your opinions, but no flaming!
nothingofyourconcern
Mud-Man

Homosexuality

Post by nothingofyourconcern » Mon 1st Jan 2007

I think it's just not natural that way. There's a reason wy two people of the opposite *** are required to reproduce, right?

minervaparadizo
LEPrecon Officer

Post by minervaparadizo » Mon 1st Jan 2007

But people these day have *** for pleasure, and that ends up in unwanted pregnancies. Then if a woman doesn't want her kid, a homo***ual friend can have it
Minerva seperated the fingers on her right hand into a W
'Whatever.'
Minerva, The Lost Colony

"What's that suposed to mean. A wolfs head on a stick Big wolf barbeque tonight. Bring your own wolf."
No 1. The Lost Colony

"Was Holly still clinging there, or was he alone now? for the first time in his life, truly alone. 'Fowl, open the door you pasty faced mud weasel!' Ah well, not alone then"
Artemis, The Artic Incident

Sofie
LEP Commander

Post by Sofie » Mon 1st Jan 2007

Another point: Some people sa that love really doesn't exist, it's all instinct based on the fact that human beings have a need to reproduce. So perhaps in a way, homo***ual love is more 'real love' than hetero***ual love in some cases.
ImageImageImage

MaeveCrowArtemis1
Council Member

Post by MaeveCrowArtemis1 » Mon 1st Jan 2007

Some people avoid that people cuz they still can't realise that we are living in 21. century and they usually think that other people don't have any rights because they are not thinking the same.People who love same gende are not elians they are same as we.But people sometimes can't exept that someone is diffrent and thats not just problem whit Homo***uality that is problem whit people whit strange haircut,diffrent clothes...People avoid others who are diffrent.

I have nothing agenst that kind of people.Everybody can do what ever they want whit their lives until they forbid me to do what I want to do whit my life.
Image Image
Blue is the colour,football is the game
we are all together and winning is our aim
so cheer us on through the sun and rain
cause Chelsea,Chelsea is our name

dee_sequel
LEPretrieval Team Member

Post by dee_sequel » Tue 2nd Jan 2007

Do you have any scientific proof that states people are not born being homo***ual?

do you have any proof that there is?
i mean, if someone was in love with their dog, would you think it was normal for them to intercourse with it? (EEEWWWWWWWWWW!)
ATTENTION! for all Netherworlds readers, I am still updating on DA!
https://iesnoth.deviantart.com/gallery/

BlackOpal
Fangathering Fever patient

Post by BlackOpal » Tue 2nd Jan 2007

Well, there are several different studies, I just googled it.
<a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo***uality' target='_blank'>Wikipedia on Homo***uality</a>
<a href='http://www.narth.com/blogs/currentevents/archives/2006/07/no_scientific_b.html' target='_blank'>Article-Not born *** </a> - This article talks about how people weren't born ***, but they can't choose it either. The people in the study were actually repulsed by hetero***ual advances, though some weren't.
<a href='http://forums.thestranger.com/showthread.php?t=2593&goto=nextnewest' target='_blank'>Read Comments</a> - The comments on this one are interesting, but be careful, it definately has an 18-A rating on it.
<a href='http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/scotts/bulgarians/nature-nurture/bailey-pillard.html' target='_blank'>Are Some People Born ***?</a> - Are they?

The truth is there is no completely solid evidence, just a few studies that would support it. Did you know homo***ual used to mean all girls or all boys school?
Anyway, in one study, about half the *** men and women were able to become hetero***ual (with some discomfort, most still had a prefrence to their same ***, but could love their opposite ***) and about half couldn't. These were people who actually wanted to become Hetero***ual. Except I can't remember the exact percents, which is going to bug me.
Thanks to darvit and /b/for my signature. :D
And thanks Kagoma, for the awesome birthday present that is the C&H sprite!
You can't take the sky from me.
1/4/10- The end of the world as you know it
And it's just the beginning...

petitebrunette
LEPrecon Officer

Post by petitebrunette » Wed 3rd Jan 2007

Moneyman2010mn wrote: dee_sequel, do you realize that there is so much more evidence supporting the fact that you can be born homo***ual than there is evidence against it? A dog and a human being are totally different living things. Dogs should not be compared to homo***ual human beings.

well MMmn and blackopal said everything for me.

"I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies."

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Wed 3rd Jan 2007

well if you can be born homo***ual then that makes it natural. right? then if its natural then there is nothing wrong.

minervaparadizo
LEPrecon Officer

Post by minervaparadizo » Wed 3rd Jan 2007

I agree with M_P. It is natural for them
Hey, I just agreed with M_P. That doesn't happen often
Minerva seperated the fingers on her right hand into a W
'Whatever.'
Minerva, The Lost Colony

"What's that suposed to mean. A wolfs head on a stick Big wolf barbeque tonight. Bring your own wolf."
No 1. The Lost Colony

"Was Holly still clinging there, or was he alone now? for the first time in his life, truly alone. 'Fowl, open the door you pasty faced mud weasel!' Ah well, not alone then"
Artemis, The Artic Incident

Criminal Mastermind
Centaur Genius

Post by Criminal Mastermind » Thu 4th Jan 2007

anyway people should bable to live how they want to, be with who they want to be with. i don't see why people don't accept the fact that it's ok for someone to like someone of the same gender.

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Thu 4th Jan 2007

I think the reason why there are still many homophobics is that they never had a chance to get to know homo***ual people. Attitudes toward homo***uality also depend on social norms [environment], and the own person's genetic make-up. I know people who actually inherit their homo***ual tendencies from family members... it could be a "nature vs. nurture" debate, but I think the genes have some sort of contribution to it [maybe that's why Hitler wanted to kill off all the homo***uals too, during his "ethnic cleansing" spree]. Because of this, many people view homo***uality as an abnormality, and it used to be classified as a psychiatric disorder. After many years, the social stigma still remains.

And there's no more use becoming homophobic now, because I think that almost everyone's "coming out" these days! :o

There was a study that predicted that the number or homo***ual men would double in the next 20 years [sorry, girls].

Though personally seeing "guy-on-guy" or "girl-on-girl" stuff in the media still gives me the creeps, I think it's always best not to judge people. They're homo***ual, but yet, they're still human. I disagree, though, that what all homo***uals have is indeed "true love" [I also don't think there's such thing as "true love"] because most homo***ual men that I've encountered are more interested in the "***" part--it's more of "lust" for them, a.k.a. "<a href='http://www.visionsoflove.com/relationshipsLove/the9TypesofLove.htm' target='_blank'>***ual love</a>".

For lesbians, however, I have encountered those who had failed hetero***ual relationships. Because they lost hope in men, they have turned to people of their own ***.
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image

domovoihappy
Dwarf Thief

Post by domovoihappy » Wed 10th Jan 2007

I am against homo***uality. I still can't get over the fact that people think that people are born that way. Are pedophiles born that way too? It's all about lust.And I'm not against it just because I haven't got to know these kind of people. My uncle is that way. It's unnatural. It's wrong. I wouldn't trust my siblings in the same room with them. :angry:

domovoihappy
Dwarf Thief

Post by domovoihappy » Wed 10th Jan 2007

Are pedophiles born "that" way too?

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Wed 10th Jan 2007

no. they just have very sick sick sick minds.

Iph
LEP Commander

Post by Iph » Wed 10th Jan 2007

Nothing wrong about it, but as far as I am told the reason for homo***uality is some sort of damage in the brain. Also I think the feminine about everything now makes the masculine seem "bad" to people. So guys look feminine, and they are just getting more and more feminine... And that might have something to do with it, yeah.

In 8th grade near everybody at school (at least in my class) thought I was ***! I think there has been some rumors later too. But I am straight, girls all the way.

I believe all people are worth the same, in some way - a life is a life.
It doesn't matter if you're black or white, homo or straight, tall or small... You are worth what the other is worth, don't be fooled!
In the end a human life is nothing, we live, we die and we be forgotten. What we do in the meantime does nothing to this process. In the long run that is.

"You're like an Alzheimer's patient at a whore house - you keep forgetting that you've been screwed, and you keep refusing to pay for it. "