Welcome!

This forum is now closed. You may only read the original forum awards now.
MichaelM
FG 5ever

Welcome!

Post by MichaelM » Sun 24th Dec 2006

Welcome to FanGathering's first ever awards! Lets hope they're fun for everyone. :D

How they work will be simple:
1 - I will create a thread for each category. (No-one else can make threads in here.)
2 - You reply to the thread, naming whoever you've chosen.
3 - On January 1st, I'll count up the votes in each thread, and post the winners. :D

Each winner gets a 30 post boost to their post count, and of course, bragging rights for the next year. :P

Please remember though, this is all <span style='color:red'>just for fun</span>! Have a laugh, enjoy yourself, and don't worry about winning. Yous all rock, but only one person can win each award. Don't be sad if you don't win. I'm a loser as well, but it doesn't bother me. :P

And of course, you cant vote for yourself. :P

petitebrunette
LEPrecon Officer

Post by petitebrunette » Sun 24th Dec 2006

oh my how embarrasing...i should have read this thread before i went on to the others..instead i went straight to the others and ended having to ask you questions..sorry..i will remember to read these ones first :)

"I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies."

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Sun 24th Dec 2006

lol - Its no problem. :P

At least you understand now ^_^

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Wed 3rd Jan 2007

Well, thats the awards over. All votes have been counted up, winners chosen, and post bonuses added :D

The only exception was darvit. You actually got 24 posts, because I thought 1337 looked nicer than 1343 XD

Ill leave this forum open for a few days, and then it will be locked, and put as a sub-forum of the "Feedback" section. ^_^

And sorry things went on for 2 days longer than expected, but people were still voting, so it didnt seem like a problem. :) Thanks to nindra for the prompt tho :P

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Wed 3rd Jan 2007

MichaelM wrote: The only exception was darvit. You actually got 24 posts, because I thought 1337 looked nicer than 1343 XD

Darn, and apparently, I've made three posts, so the 1337's gone. :(

Anyway, this was a fun project. :P Congrats to everyone! :)
I'm retired. No PMs, please. Visit this link to know where to get a hold of me.
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Wed 3rd Jan 2007

darvit wrote:
MichaelM wrote: The only exception was darvit. You actually got 24 posts, because I thought 1337 looked nicer than 1343 XD

Darn, and apparently, I've made three posts, so the 1337's gone. :(

Anyway, this was a fun project. :P Congrats to everyone! :)

lol - Well that defeats that idea. XD

Why did you have to post? :P XD

Oh well, have another 6 posts I guess. :P

MMK
Orion's Misfortune

Post by MMK » Wed 3rd Jan 2007

Congratulations everyone! :D

What's so special about the number 1337?

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Wed 3rd Jan 2007

It's "<a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet' target='_blank'>leet</a>" <span style='font-size:6pt;line-height:100%'>yes, Nindra & MMmn, I just linked Wikipedia</span>--the type of netspeak where people use "pwn" for "own", "h4x0r" for "hacker", and "t3h" for "the". Check out some of Lufgif's posts... he made an extremely 1337 post about how Artemis Fowl fans are "leet" and would rule the world [something like that]. ;)
The Image and Image buttons are your friends. Image is your friend. This guide to using images on the Web is your friend. This video about posting on forums is your BFF! I'm feeling Image

no. 1
Dwarf Thief

Post by no. 1 » Thu 4th Jan 2007

Nice choices as winners! Just wanted to say that before it was locked. Congrats, everyone!
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Thu 4th Jan 2007

hang on a sec i won two awards does that mean i get 60????? hope so :D :P :lol:

can i suggest that next time u make it a poll and have certain people (no idea who) choose the nomations then people choose who is best. its only an idea so don't grill me.

petitebrunette
LEPrecon Officer

Post by petitebrunette » Fri 5th Jan 2007

can i suggest that next time u make it a poll and have certain people (no idea who) choose the nomations then people choose who is best. its only an idea so don't grill me.

I think doing a poll to vote who you thought was best would be a great idea though it might too complicated.

I do have an idea on how to do the awards next time too. They do it this way at another forum and it seems like it's the easiest and most efficient since it'll eliminate the need for an entire forum but one topic. If you want I'll explain it through PM or even here.

-MMmn

I would like to hear it and maybe you can pm MMicheal about it.

"I love you, and because I love you, I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies."

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Fri 5th Jan 2007

M_P - I considered that, but given the size of the forum (Definitely growing, but still small-ish), I thought that the winners might be pretty much decided in the nomination stage. People would post their support for a nominee etc. It could be obvious who was going to win each thread, before voting even began? :unsure:

The way we did it, things kept changing, because people weren't restricted to just one set of nominees, and they hadn't had a week to read people saying why x should win. :)

MMnm - Id love to hear the idea, and it would probably be best if it was done here. I have to delete my PMs pretty regularly, but this thread will still be here in a year. ^_^

Minerva_Paradizo
LEP Commander

Post by Minerva_Paradizo » Fri 5th Jan 2007

MichaelM wrote: M_P - I considered that, but given the size of the forum (Definitely growing, but still small-ish), I thought that the winners might be pretty much decided in the nomination stage. People would post their support for a nominee etc. It could be obvious who was going to win each thread, before voting even began? :unsure:

The way we did it, things kept changing, because people weren't restricted to just one set of nominees, and they hadn't had a week to read people saying why x should win. :)

MMnm - Id love to hear the idea, and it would probably be best if it was done here. I have to delete my PMs pretty regularly, but this thread will still be here in a year. ^_^

but hey u fogot to tell me if i got the 60 posts or just the 30 :(

darvit
Council Member

Post by darvit » Sat 6th Jan 2007

Moneyman2010mn wrote:Some categories include: Best Debator, Most Knowledgable, Best Newbie, Funniest Poster, and Best Moderator.

Those categories you've mentioned are probably one of the most obvious ones that we could include in the awards, but during our <a href='http://forum.fangathering.com/index.php?showtopic=1408' target='_blank'>past discussion over this</a>, we all have decided not to add these "best"-something categories, in order not to hurt other members' feelings. :( That's why all the categories for the awards are, as MichaelM has said, as "light-hearted and fun and joke-y" as possible. :)

We had a similar procedure--without the points system, though--in my old forum. I think your suggestion is a good idea. :)

MichaelM
FG 5ever

Post by MichaelM » Sat 6th Jan 2007

Minerva_Paradizo wrote:
MichaelM wrote: M_P - I considered that, but given the size of the forum (Definitely growing, but still small-ish), I thought that the winners might be pretty much decided in the nomination stage. People would post their support for a nominee etc. It could be obvious who was going to win each thread, before voting even began? :unsure:

but hey u fogot to tell me if i got the 60 posts or just the 30 :(

60 of course. I'm not that stingy. :P

MMnm - I like the idea of the points system, but not the PM voting. There's no fun if everything is sent in anonymously. People can't give reasons, talk about their results etc. :(

The point system sounds good though, and even the nominations could be interesting.

But it won't be until this time next year that we do this again, so I guess we can consider those things then. XD